MS office apps excel word app data keeps coming back after clearing data and opening the app again!

rishi_khanna

Feb 9, 2018
Visit site
Hi guys. I have an S6. I got it from my brother in law with many of the apps already installed. Recently I was getting notifications like gallery cannot be opened because there is not enough storage space. So I thought to check which apps are taking up storage space in the form of app data.
So when I checked Microsoft Office apps Word, Excel, OneNote, Lens and PowerPoint, I found that Excel was using around 160 MB of app data, word was using 121 MB of app data, lens was using 105 MB of app data, onenote was using 163 MB of app data.

I wasn't using any of these apps for long so I thought why not clear the app data and get some storage space. So I did it for Excel first. After clicking the clear data button, it showed 0mb for appdata.
But then I exited from the window and opened the Excel app. It naturally seemed like as if Excel got reinstalled and then came back to home screen and checked the app data again.
THE APP DATA CAME BACK AGAIN, THIS TIME AROUND 140 MB!!! I tried it with word as well with similar discouraging results. I even uninstalled and reinstalled Excel app but to no avail. Even after getting a freshly installed Excel app it got me 140 MB as app data without doing any activity on it.
Please help!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Summer_glow