My EVO 4G LTE DIED STRIKE 3 And I am OUT

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
It locked up once and I restarted it.

Locked up again after a few minutes, shut itself down and no matter what I do, I can't get it to restart.

Kind of a suck way to start the day.

Update:

Just this afternoon picked up my shiny new replacement from Best Buy...totally new shipment which had just came in. I added no apps and 15 minutes later the first random reboot. It rebootted7 times in two hours and then just t turned itself off and won't come back to life.

No...the battery isn't dead.

Plug it into any charger and the charging light doesn't come on.

Seriously....this is frustrating.

Last edited:

ImNoPrince

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: My EVO 4G LTE Just Died

you sure the battery didn't get a Ghost charge that happens to the wifes Epic every now and then . The boots kill it completely and we have to charge it for 1/2 hour or so before it gets enough juice to boot up. This is normally when she has killer her 2 spare batteries as well lol

Oh and it has been plugged in over night but something about when the battery goes completly dead it takes a few plug (in for a few minutes) and unplugs to get it to fire back up . Weird but

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Nope....it was fully charged when I removed it from the charger this morning.

I was actually on a work call on the way in and when the call disconnected, the screen locked up, blinked a couple of times and when I picked the phone up in my hand it simply went dead.

Better now than when I am on the road I guess.

Feech

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Try to plug into your computer. Sounds dumb but it has worked for me with my Samsung Tab 10.1

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Ni luck.

Best Buy hasn't received any additional phones since the pre-ordered ones (at least the BB where I got mine) but I would assume with a "launch" coming at some point that they'll be getting them before too long.

sjcdal

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site

Time for a battery-pull.

Oh..that's right.

(I am still waiting to experience EITHER the joys or problems as Amazon has not shipped a single one.)

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

Time for a battery-pull.

Oh..that's right.

(I am still waiting to experience EITHER the joys or problems as Amazon has not shipped a single one.)

Was going to say that; sounds like an SoD.

Obviously you can't batt pull though. I guess there's nothing to replicate that?

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Holding down the power button for a "battery pull" only works...if it works and something actually happens other than deadness :)

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Well.....it sprang back to life all by itself sitting on my desk at work this morning (it is sitting there waiting for BB to call me and tell me they have a new replacement).

It now reboots a couple of times an hour just sitting there and at times actually turns Mobile Networks OFF all by itself.

Perhaps it is possessed?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site

Well.....it sprang back to life all by itself sitting on my desk at work this morning (it is sitting there waiting for BB to call me and tell me they have a new replacement).

It now reboots a couple of times an hour just sitting there and at times actually turns Mobile Networks OFF all by itself.

Perhaps it is possessed?

Yep sounds like you got a buggy one there... I guess a few have to slip by in production every once in a while, it just sucks when your the one that gets one... (I've been there too..)

Ride BB hard, if your local store doesn't have one tell them to start searching the nearby stores in their system and you will be happy to run over and grab it.

bmatt0516

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine does sokething similar to this at least 2 or 3 times a day randomly. Have to plug it in before it'll come back on. Sprint is supposed to be shipping me a replacement...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

My local BB is expecting a replacement tomorrow.

One other thing it now does I forgot about...sound over BT crackles like popcorn popping.

Makad

May 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm having problems with my 4g LTE taking 20 to 30 seconds to load the home screen when coming from an app. It's happening more and more frequently.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

nikiva101

May 15, 2012
Visit site

My evo died too, I couldnt turn it on, and when it finally did, kept restarting itself for the rest of the day. took it back to best buy. they didnt have any extra's either, ill have to wait.

kellyrx8

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm having problems with my 4g LTE taking 20 to 30 seconds to load the home screen when coming from an app. It's happening more and more frequently.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

are you running a different launcher? I had that problem with Nova launcher, so I switched to Apex.

midmofan

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

To those posting about the phone taking a long time to load the home Page (as opposed to totally dying):

There are several threads on this, it's a Sense issue that had been around for a while and seems particularly bad on the evo lte. Do a search for "sense loading" or 'sense crashing' Interestingly, the way I solved the problem is using the Nova launcher. The

Also has been an issue on one X, but have seen a few posts that a recent ota update helped the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BiggerBoat1919