My Pixel 2 XL turns off when I plug in a charging cable.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I plug the USB-C cable into my phone, it turns off immediately if the charger is plugged into the wall or car outlet. If the charger is off, the phone behaves normally until I plug the charger into the car/wall, then the phone shuts off. It goes to a black screen and then the large charging battery icon appears. I have tried a couple of different cables and chargers and they all do the same thing. Once the cable is plugged in and the phone is charging, I can turn the phone back on and it continues to charge. I wiggled the plug in the phone and it continues to charge. Android is up to date. This just started 2 days ago. Battery saver has not been turned on since I have had the phone. I just cleaned the USB port with electrical contact cleaner, but no improvement. Any suggestions??? Thank you.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Hmm. That is a peculiar issue. Have you tried booting the phone into Safe Mode?

Also, do you have any kind of warranty or insurance on your 2 XL?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I will have to search to see how to boot in safe mode and try that. It's so old, probably no warranty or insurance, but I will check that out too. Thanks.
Mowsefan.

If you had extended warranty (Preferred Care) I'm pretty sure its still covered . It was extended from the normal period they usually give

Mowsefan

Feb 24, 2020
Visit site
Thanks for the link. The screen goes dark, then a few seconds later the charging battery icon appears. I have to push the power button and it goes through the normal start up routine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos