Need help with Bluetooth autoconnect and SMS issues with my Honda Accord.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I got my 6p and connected it to my 2013 Accord and voice works but not text messages. Also it doesn't auto connect.

I may need a radio firmware update which I just got late last year.

Anyone else having this issue?

Posted via the Android Central App

Trigati

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
I only use my phone for media playback in my 2012 Camry, but it works flawlessly. No issues with auto connecting, no stuttering, no static - whether in pocket or not. The 6P is the first phone where I actually haven't had stuttering or other issues with Bluetooth, actually. Even my Note 4 would stutter.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Bluetooth is such a crappy standard. I've had so many problems over the years with different cars, sound systems and phones. Of all the tech issues, this is probably the one I have problems with most.

My Nexus 6 worked flawlessly, my Galaxy S6 (after Nexus broke) didn't work at all and GPS didn't either, so got rid of it and got an S6 Edge+. That worked perfectly. I tried and LG G4 in between. It had major problems.

Now my Nexus 6P is hit and miss. It works most days. I think in this case though it's because I have a '16 VW with Android Auto, and Android Auto is the spotty thing. It disconnects Bluetooth half the time. I had problems with it with my work iPhone too.

Posted via the Android Central App

BCole8888

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I just traded cars and have some weird things with the new (used) car. Streaming anything, music or audiobooks, from the phone yielded stuttering output that would mysteriously come and go. It would work perfect one trip and then not at all or mostly the next. I have a Fitbit watch and it occurred to me that perhaps the watch communicating with the phone via bluetooth was to blame. So while the issue was present, I force closed the Fitbit app and immediately the audio stuttering stopped. Anyone else having issues might try shutting down any other apps using bluetooth at the same time as streaming to your car stereo. I have also used the phone in two other cars without any issues, 2013 Audi S5 and 2014 Infiniti QX60 both worked flawlessly. However my 2012 Infiniti M56 has the aforementioned stuttering issue.

Last night I also discovered than if I'm streaming an audiobook via the Audible app, that when I change the car stereo away from the bluetooth source, the app keeps playing the book even though no sound comes out of the phone. Easy enough to mitigate, but I have not had this issue with my other cars. So obviously it's not an issue with the Nexus 6p.

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I just traded cars and have some weird things with the new (used) car. Streaming anything, music or audiobooks, from the phone yielded stuttering output that would mysteriously come and go. It would work perfect one trip and then not at all or mostly the next. I have a Fitbit watch and it occurred to me that perhaps the watch communicating with the phone via bluetooth was to blame. So while the issue was present, I force closed the Fitbit app and immediately the audio stuttering stopped. Anyone else having issues might try shutting down any other apps using bluetooth at the same time as streaming to your car stereo. I have also used the phone in two other cars without any issues, 2013 Audi S5 and 2014 Infiniti QX60 both worked flawlessly. However my 2012 Infiniti M56 has the aforementioned stuttering issue.

Last night I also discovered than if I'm streaming an audiobook via the Audible app, that when I change the car stereo away from the bluetooth source, the app keeps playing the book even though no sound comes out of the phone. Easy enough to mitigate, but I have not had this issue with my other cars. So obviously it's not an issue with the Nexus 6p.

I had a similar issue with both the Microsoft Band 2, and the Huawei watch. The Band 2 and Microsoft Health app was much more problematic, stopping me from connecting to Android Auto and bluetooth at all. The Huawei watch causes the static issues when playing over Bluetooth from Google Music periodically, but when I use Android Auto, there's no static issue.

adamspt2

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
My LG G3 never would do text. And then I got some update somewhere and it worked! For like a day. Haven't really messed around with it too much after getting the 6P. My music does play fine. It sometimes autoconnects, sometimes doesn't. If you haven't tried, I might delete all your BT connections and start from scratch.