Nexus 5 locks up for a long period of time. Why?

Amanda Lucas

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
i have a nexus 5.

Everytime I lock my phone or it goes to sleep it won't turn back on for a long period of time. I mean like 15 hours and its ridiculous. I get a call my phone goes black and blue screen anyone else having these problems? How can I fix it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: i have a nexus 5.

Everytime I lock my phone or it goes to sleep it won't turn back on for a long period of time. I mean like 15 hours and its ridiculous. I get a call my phone goes black and blue screen anyone else having these problems? How can I fix it?

Welcome to the forums.
I think the first thing I would try is rebooting into recovery and clearing the cache. Here is how: http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-rooting-roms-hacks/352008-guide-nexus-5-recovery.html

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the Forums.☺

I too have a Nexus 5, and rate it very highly, but have not encountered that problem.Try wiping the Cache Partition or even, if your personal data is backed up, a Factory Reset. If you do the Cache Partition wipe, be aware that it can take about ten minutes on the Nexus 5....this is normal. When doing this myself I've found that it takes several attempts to boot successfully into Recovery, which you'll need to do.

Edit: Posted same moment as above...I was about to add a link for the wipe but see that Golfdriver is looking after you.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Katiebaby3110