Nexus 5 LTE on AT&T - IMEI, provisioning, etc...

drache713

Mar 20, 2010
Visit site
Quick easy question - those of you using a Nexus 5 on AT&T, to make sure your account was correctly provisioned for LTE and the proper data speeds were you able to just have them provision your account with the actual IMEI from your Nexus 5, or did you have to give them a faux IMEI from an actual AT&T branded device? Do their systems properly recognize the Nexus 5 IMEI for LTE speeds and provisioning?

GlennTX

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
All I did was take my N5 into the AT&T store. They scanned the number on the back of the phone and I was out of the store in 5 mins.

rhea

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Actual IMEI on gophone. LTE worked immediately. This was in November.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I called att and they provisioned my phone without an issue. I had to take our other phone into att cause the Sim card was to old to provision correctly. They put a new card in and updated the account for it with no problems.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
5 minute visit to a store, employee took the IMEI off the back of the box and entered it into the compute.

She then had me reboot my phone and presto LTE.

Completely painless.

Dan

Posted via Android Central App

maxburn

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I also started a GoPhone account with the actual IMEI and I am kinda wondering what happens when I get a new phone.

I had originally asked them about APN info but they said it doesn't matter as they have the IMEI.

vividrich

Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
No issues here either, I knew I was going to have to visit the store as my old phone had a different size sim.

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 via Android Central App

Samuel Thayer

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
I got my phone from the Play Store last year, put my at&t micro sim in and received LTE without a trip to the store. Maybe I'm special?!

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I just got my Nexus 5 today and put the sim card from my S5 into the Nexus 5 and everything has worked perfectly.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

beanboy89

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
My Nexus 5 isn't picking up AT&T LTE. I don't think my account is provisioned to get LTE, because I was previously on a Lumia 520 (HSPA+ only) before moving to the Nexus 5. I think they have my Lumia 520 IMEI on file and don't recognize the Nexus 5 as a LTE device.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
My Nexus 5 isn't picking up AT&T LTE. I don't think my account is provisioned to get LTE, because I was previously on a Lumia 520 (HSPA+ only) before moving to the Nexus 5. I think they have my Lumia 520 IMEI on file and don't recognize the Nexus 5 as a LTE device.

Actually I think it is more of a left brain, right brain kind of thing.

at&t Mobility knows the IMEI of any device on their network (right brain), but that info for whatever reason does not transfer to their provisioning systems (left brain).

You have to have at&t provision your account for LTE and you should be good to go.

Dan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys91