Nexus 5X Owners: What phone are you coming from?

Hyper Laser

Sep 24, 2015
Visit site
Re: What phone will you be leaving behind???

N4, still looks near new and I've only ever had a screen protector on it but it's showing it's age in some performance aspects.
I also develop so something newer is probably called for.

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Gotta ask. How do you like the 6s? Im thinking of swithing to ios for a while. I DO need to use Google services though which i think i can get through the app store.

Posted via the Android Central App

FWIW, I go between iOS and Android a lot! And everything I do is synced or stored with Google, even my contacts. It's very easy to use everything Google on iOS. All of Google's apps for Android are also in Apple's app store. The only downside is that Google Now can't do as much on the iPhone because its locked to the Google App instead of the entire OS. I do find Google Now better than Siri but Siri is supposedly better with iOS 9.

Posted via the Android Central App and my Galaxy S6

Last edited:

co.ag.2005

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

For me, I'll be leaving my Galaxy S6. Can't wait to get rid of this phone. The battery stinks, and under heavy use, the phone slows to a lag and needs to be rebooted. 80% of the time it's the smoothest phone ever, but RAM management or Touchwiz shenanigans are still at play with this phone. If neither of the new Nexus phones are what I'm looking for, I'll likely get an iPhone 6s until next years flagships start rolling out.

Posted via the Android Central App and my Galaxy S6

haison

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

I'll be leaving the LG G3 running CM12.1 Nightlies. I am going to be happy to be running stock Android since the Galaxy Nexus. I've always flashed my phones to CyanogenMod and this will be the first phone in a while that will just work.

gendo667

Trusted Member
Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Not so much coming over from the G4. I'm just gonna have two phones, and a choice to make everyday when I wake up. Never had two phones at the same time. Should be fun.

haribofan

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I notice not many upgrading from nexus 5 to the 5X ! Undecided myself as nothing wrong with my N5 , don't really want a larger phone and very little hardware advantages apart for the camera.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm selling my Note 5 as soon as my 5x is in hand. The slow down after using it for awhile and slowness to update are my primary reasons.

Stormflurry33

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5. All I wanted was a Nexus 5 with an improved camera and battery and I think the 5X will deliver on that. The fingerprint scanner, USB Type C with fast charging and the sensor hub are nice bonuses.

Last edited:

mee_anders

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site

iPhone 5S. I've made the resolution to "de-Apple-ize" my life. Recently moved from a MacBook Air to HP Spectre 360 running Windows 10. Now it's time to ditch the iPhone and see how the other half live. Just got tired of the walled garden and rabid fan cult-like culture. I also think the Apple quality has declined. I had an iPad that died after 13 months (1 year warranty). I brought it back to the Apple store and got a "sorry-nothing-I-can-do" shrug from the sales guy.

Plus, I just signed up for Project Fi. I do a lot of traveling outside the US, so I like the idea of getting an unlocked phone, paying only for the data I use, and the ability to pause my Google Fi account while I'm away.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Returning my Moto X Style and taking a 32 GB N5x.

Moto too big for my liking. I have had all of the Nexus phones apart from the 6 and loved the 5.

tspeice87

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Ordered my black 5x last night to replace my Moto X (2013). Let's hope Google ships a couple days earlier than expected!

jtcannonball

Trusted Member
Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating switching after reading reviews. Sounds a little underwhelming but I'll keep reading before making an official decision.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

iPhone 5S. I've made the resolution to "de-Apple-ize" my life. Recently moved from a MacBook Air to HP Spectre 360 running Windows 10. Now it's time to ditch the iPhone and see how the other half live. Just got tired of the walled garden and rabid fan cult-like culture. I also think the Apple quality has declined. I had an iPad that died after 13 months (1 year warranty). I brought it back to the Apple store and got a "sorry-nothing-I-can-do" shrug from the sales guy.

Plus, I just signed up for Project Fi. I do a lot of traveling outside the US, so I like the idea of getting an unlocked phone, paying only for the data I use, and the ability to pause my Google Fi account while I'm away.

Welcome to Android Central. Let us know what you think of the new toy!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djboulette