Nexus 6p: bootloop after OTA update

Prasad Raghu

Dec 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi,

I purchased Nexus 6p around April 2016. It was working fine until yesterday where I made an OTA update after I received a notification asking me to update the system software. The phone restarted after the install and got into a bootloop. It is now stuck with GOOGLE logo and keeps restarting indefinitely (as long as battery is charged). I contacted Google customer services and they directed me to Huawei. Huawei responded stating that they would charge about $300 - $400 to service the phone and also did not provide an assurance that they would be able to fix the phone or provide a replacement since its out of 1 year warranty. I had even contacted B&HPhotoVideo from whom I had purchased the phone. They washed off their hands by stating they cannot help and I need to contact Huawei or Google.

I looked online to see if there are any solutions available for me to fix it by myself, unfortunately there are no fixes for the bootloop issue that I have. I am not able to go to recovery mode too. When I select recovery mode option it again gets into bootloop. Since this issue has occured after the OTA update and I request to google or Huawei to look into issue and provide me appropriate fix!

Hope to hear from Google or Huawei!!

Thanks,
Prasad
#google #Huawei

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unfortunately, you're probably out of luck. It's out of warranty, so there's no contractual obligation for Huawei or Google to do anything. Although there were widespread problems with the 6P that Google acknowledged (which is why they started giving Pixels as replacements if people sent in a 6P for warranty or insurance claims), it's not like there was a recall, since that would've only been if there were some defect that led to risk of personal harm. There might be some class action lawsuits, but I don't know how successful that will be either -- you can do a web search for that. This kind of potential issue is part of the reason I usually buy separate insurance that covers any problem for 2 years.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz