nexus arrive in stores

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
it bothers me a bit that they changed the package. if thats partly the reason for the delay, they I want to hate verizon more.

Huh? Have we seen the Verizon packaging before this? That packaging is generic Verizon packaging for their high end phones that are not Droids. The only difference from their recent packaging is that it's white instead of black. Both the Thunderbolt and Revolution came in packaging exactly like that except it was black.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
If Verizon really sells this thing for 199, i'll have a hard time justifying keeping my rezound. Im gonna go play with the Nexus before i decide.

thedeceiver

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Huh? Have we seen the Verizon packaging before this? That packaging is generic Verizon packaging for their high end phones that are not Droids. The only difference from their recent packaging is that it's white instead of black. Both the Thunderbolt and Revolution came in packaging exactly like that except it was black.

Agree. I mentioned in another post the idea that it could be the demo units or units destined for SME's. Those devices may have different exterior packaging to prevent "mix-ups" with the general phone population.

But, more than likely, that's just the box. The Thunderbolt was very understaed like that. It had some embossed 4G LTE but that was it.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
wow, i don't know about you but that phone looks fat. A lot of fatter than in the pictures. and the GSM version.

how is that possible? its only 0.5mm thicker.

damn that phone looks thick.. anyone remember the original concept pictures? that thing is long gone.

I think it's just the way it's being held that makes it look that way. I think the red looks cool on the inside.

Last edited:

bphelminski

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I think it just the way it's being held that makes it look that way. I think the red looks cool on the inside.

Yep. If you look at the pic you can see that it's not being held straight on to the camera, so what you're seeing is part of the back of the phone and it makes it look thicker. Nothing to worry about. Carry on...

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
People actually care about packaging? I look at packaging long enough to find out how to open the box and never look at it again.

Whew!

Reactions: Qazme

VideoEngineerAJS

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
People actually care about packaging? I look at packaging long enough to find out how to open the box and never look at it again.

Whew!

dammitcubs seems to be upset because they think part of the reason the phone was delayed was because of a packaging change. I was saying I doubt any packaging has changed at all because that is classic non-Droid high end Verizon packaging. So there is no reason to get upset about the phone being delayed because of packaging, because there probably wasn't any change at all.

lazzerus

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
If Verizon really sells this thing for 199, i'll have a hard time justifying keeping my rezound. Im gonna go play with the Nexus before i decide.

Same here. While I do like a " beefier" phone, and so far I like the rezound, that would be a hard to beat price. I can't see myself listening to music via the Beats earbuds, I just liked the feel of the phone itself.

Lucky it is within the trial period.