Nexus One entering retirement home. Anyone else?

Roq99

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
I've been trying to sell my Nexus One for a couple of weeks. I even brought the price down to 230 dollars and it is in completely mint condition since it was only used for a month. It won't sell

petaf

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I, too, have both the Nexus One and ThunderBolt. I half-heartedly tried to sell the N1 on Craigslist but it's still with me, lol. It's a lovely little phone. I say little because next to the TB it is. I love my ThunderBolt and Verizon, and since I'm rarely in a 4G area my battery life is pretty good (unplugged for 16 hours and at 70%). I'm not a heavy user tho.

AlanP

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm sticking with my much-loved N1 for now. It works great with CyanogenMod7. The only thing I find occasionally frustrating with it is limited app space. Other than that, the hottest newest phones don't -- at least for my needs -- have much on the Nexus One. And most of them are missing at least one great N1 feature I'd hate to give up: the trackball, hackability, CyanogenMod support, international 3G roaming capability, etc...

Like many of you, I'm thinking I'll upgrade when Ice Cream Sandwich comes out to whatever Nexus phone Google releases with it.

jackmusick

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Honestly, I loved mine to death when I had it. However, I was looking to upgrading to a professional looking laptop and the Nexus One sold for a great price on Ebay. I ended up making about 200 bucks by upgrading to an iPhone 4 and selling my laptop landed my enough money to upgrade that, too.

I'm now on a Nexus S and honestly miss the Nexus One a little bit :)

thunderstruck

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I am back on my N1. I was test driving a Droid Charge for the last 3 days from Costco, but had some serious battery drain problems. I work in an area with low signal levels (back of shop, against shared wall w/metal studs), but even with LTE disabled today I saw a 30% drain of battery in about 2 hours, just idling. I've also got a G2X in case I stick with TMo. (Paid cash at Costco, so I have 90 days to return it.) It has some issues with losing phone signal, but I'm hoping a radio update will fix that. LTE is absolutely smoking, I got the same kind of speeds I see with my cable modem-23Mbps down or better. The ED2 update removes the ability to root, so unless they remove that restriction and ROM development picks up I'll stick with the N1.

CDMARTE

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, as much as I love and have loved my Nexus One, it is entering the "old phones" stash. I am switching to Verizon and am waiting on my Thunderbolt to arrive in the mail over the next two days. My Nexus One served me well but it was time for me to move on (and AT&T was becoming a huge thorn in my ass).

Anyone else leaning towards greener pastures?
I am holding on to mine for now, on 2.3.4 and it does everything an Iphone can do and more, although I am considering the HTC Sensation or a newer upcoming model, but havent made up my mind, Will keep my N1 as a backup though. Mint condition!

emceephi

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have a nexus one with cyanogenmod 7 and as much as I love it, I decided to upgrade to the mytouch 4g last week since it was free. Off the bat, I can already tell the touchscreen is much better. I can actually rotate google maps now unlike the glitchy nexus screen. The battery life is also much better. The only problem is that I can't seem to root it. I've tried twice now and root just won't stick. I like sense but I want gingerbread already!

I put the nexus on craigslist for 250 but haven't had any serious offers yet.

sojourner753

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm looking to upgrade my Nexus One too. Its a great phone but I'm am tired of struggling with the app storage. I'd also like a bigger screen since I do a lot of reading on it.

I can't bring myself to get a skinned phone not knowing (or maybe I do know) what the update situation will be.

Hardware is expensive but I want know that I can be on the latest supported softeware. I might get the ATT Nexus S, but more than likely I'll wait for the flagship Ice Cream Sandwich Nexus. Hopefully they'll support ATT immediately.

tfranzman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm holding onto my Nexus One. I dis-connected from T-Mobile 3 months ago but I still make and receive calls on it when I'm around wireless. I downloaded the GrooveIP app from marketplace and changed my number to Google Voice/Google Talk. Since I'm no longer using a plan, every call is free.

My backup when I'm away from wireless access ? An Optimus V from Virgin. The $25/month plan.

Reactions: petaf

wintermute000

May 1, 2011
Visit site
Hanging on to mine until samsung galaxy s2 becomes easily available and a bit cheaper. Look at the atrix, now 550usd from gsmnation. Heck if atrix wasn't locked and motoblur polluted I'd have gotten one by now

Brett3rThanU

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Still have my N1 as well and as of today have no plans to upgrade the rest of this year. Battery life is still amazing, still very fast, LOVE the trackball notifications (haven't seen another phone do this yet!), plus with me running Cyanogen every time an update comes out it's almost like a new phone! Nothing I've seen yet has made me want to upgrade.

usman

May 27, 2010
theazzman.com
I did the same, I retired my tmo N1 and got a tbolt on verizon.

I am desperately waiting for CM7 to have stable release on the thunderbolt, cause right now it is not even close to real world daily use.

I thought I could get used to sense, but to me sense is senseless on HTC's part. Really makes me miss vanilla android. I don't miss the HSPA speeds thought, the LTE is screaming fast here in DC 20mbps down and 8mbps up on the regular.

ragebunny

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm still using my n1 can't say its in the best condition after all this time. But I still love it sooooo much. I will upgrade to a new phone in a few months, but that's because I'm entitled to an upgrade but I'm sure I'll keep my trusted n1 close just in case and maybe for testing/developmemt.

Thank you Nexus One, you've been good to us!

VagrantRadio

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Still using mine and it's still getting updates from Google so there's not really a reason to switch. So I don't have 4g and still have waaaaay more features and power than most phones, meh.

ungibbed

Feb 19, 2010
Visit site
I always wanted to buy one but money was tight for a while, when I finally had the money, Google stopped selling the unlocked / T-Mobile handsets.

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
TBOLT bad rap

First I can't believe you switched to the Tbolt?! That thing looks more unstable that that nuclear plant in Japan!

Second, I still think the N1 is an amazing phone, and I won't be giving it up any time soon (unless it somehow breaks)! This thing is rock solid and easily hackable. IMHO with CyanogenMod7 on here it competes with any phone on the market.

I am hoping to hang onto this thing for another year and see what happens with ATT/TMO. There will be 50 newer phones out by then, and I will save a couple hundred bucks!

The tbolt has a bad rap, I think mostly because of the 4G instability.
I have a rooted TBOLT and love it, I get very stable 3G and 4G now that Verizon sorted out the 4G issues
I live about 5 miles from a 4G area so I switch between both rather frequently.
No switching problems here and no reboots

umbrae

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I love my N1. So far I still get stuff like Gingerbread and Netflix before everyone else with an Android phone, so I still feel like a rock star even with a "dated" phone. I will only give up mine when it breaks or the ATT/TMO deal forces me too.

It the only phone I have ever been truely happy with and, when the time comes, I will morn its loss as if I lost one of my kids.

wcs2

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm about to give up my N1. I love it, but it's time for a change and I don't make use of CM7 as much as I thought I would, so I don't care much if I don't have it on my new Atrix or Infuse (still debating that decision). Besides, CM7 is such a terrible battery hog (after installing it, my battery life was cut down by about 40%).

Anyway, the new phones are brighter, lighter and fit better in my hand. My N1 will be rolled back to rooted stock and put up on Ebay where they still move reasonably well.

Vaotix

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Still using mine. Been looking to upgrade for a while. Almost upgraded to the Atrix, but the bootloader thing pissed me off. I want Cyanogenmod, damnit.

At this point, I might pick up a Galaxy S II when it comes to AT&T. But now there are rumblings of a Nexus 3 (possibly a quad core). So I'm not sure what to do yet. My only issue with the N1 right now is lack of internal storage space.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgie