Life Agent

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
I purchased a rooted Thrive. It had some "BakedTeam" Rom and other things on it. One of my associates said that it was hacked and was going to remove the Baked.ROM from it and reset it to factory default. Well let's just say that didn't happen. Now all we are able to access is a TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) v2.4.1.0 screen. And whenever we try to click one of the restore or reboot buttons, it reads, "NO OS Installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?" Initially we didn't reboot, but after pointlessly twittling our fingers, we tried it and it went to the "Toshiba" screen and did nothing more. We read somewhere that if we hold the Up volume button while powering it on it will reset it. That didn't work either. Can someone please help me? Is it possible to download the Android OS to my SD card and restore it from there?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a rooted Thrive. It had some "BakedTeam" Rom and other things on it. One of my associates said that it was hacked and was going to remove the Baked.ROM from it and reset it to factory default. Well let's just say that didn't happen. Now all we are able to access is a TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) v2.4.1.0 screen. And whenever we try to click one of the restore or reboot buttons, it reads, "NO OS Installed! Are you sure you wish to reboot?" Initially we didn't reboot, but after pointlessly twittling our fingers, we tried it and it went to the "Toshiba" screen and did nothing more. We read somewhere that if we hold the Up volume button while powering it on it will reset it. That didn't work either. Can someone please help me? Is it possible to download the Android OS to my SD card and restore it from there?

Welcome to the forums.
You might be able to find say a stock ROM that has the bloat removed and then flash that in TWRP, but most of the time, flashing a stock ROM can't be done with a custom recovery like TWRP.

Was there something wrong with the device that made you want to go back to the stock ROM?

Life Agent

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
No. One of my associates suggested that it was "hacked" because it contained the BakedTeam ROM and other items on it that he hadn't seen on other Thrives, so he took it upon himself to "help me" by trying to return it to its factory setting. Instead he erased the OS.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
No. One of my associates suggested that it was "hacked" because it contained the BakedTeam ROM and other items on it that he hadn't seen on other Thrives, so he took it upon himself to "help me" by trying to return it to its factory setting. Instead he erased the OS.

Sorry for the late reply.
Technically it was hacked, but by the user. What they did was similar to taking a PC that had Windows installed on it and replaced it with another OS like Ubuntu.

As for what to do, I would try searching for the custom ROM, place it on your SD card, and install it in TWRP.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Life Agent

Jun 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the info. What I did last night was looked up the BakedTeam's info and found all of their ROM files and reloaded them from the SDcard. It's working like never before. So I owe a thank you to them, and to you for your advice. Thank you!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glorious Woman