No Sim Card or Sim Card Error

CarryMe

Banned
Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
I was receiving an incoming call and I couldn't get to the phone fast enough. I went to dial them back and I got "No Sim Card or Sim Card Error." Or something to that effect. I had no bars at that point but my cell standby use details says 0% time without a signal.

I will get a new sim card, since from what I have read, the sim cards are part of the authentication scheme.

This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection

I hope that will fix my problem.

FrankXS

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I was receiving an incoming call and I couldn't get to the phone fast enough. I went to dial them back and I got "No Sim Card or Sim Card Error." Or something to that effect. I had no bars at that point but my cell standby use details says 0% time without a signal.

I will get a new sim card, since from what I have read, the sim cards are part of the authentication scheme.

This Is Why Your Verizon Galaxy Nexus (Or Other 4G LTE VZW Phone) Is Losing Its Data Connection

I hope that will fix my problem.
You might also try removing and reinserting the SIM a few times thereby "cleaning the contacts" and ensuring a good connection. Just a thought. Could work.

-Frank

zero_degree

Mar 28, 2012
Visit site
I had 3 separate htc phone and at some point they all had this issue. I had to send the phones back for repair (loss 3 weeks use on each phone). I was a big supporter of htc but not now. The phones have a serious flaw which is not getting fixed, do yourself a favor and prevent further stress, loss of $$$ and buy the iphone. Better phone and service. The android company doesn't care that hey sell junk and I am not the only one that feel this way and have switch to a different phone.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I had 3 separate htc phone and at some point they all had this issue. I had to send the phones back for repair (loss 3 weeks use on each phone). I was a big supporter of htc but not now. The phones have a serious flaw which is not getting fixed, do yourself a favor and prevent further stress, loss of $$$ and buy the iphone. Better phone and service. The android company doesn't care that hey sell junk and I am not the only one that feel this way and have switch to a different phone.

Do you realize HTC has absolutely nothing to do with the Samsung Galaxy Nexus?

lowenuf

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife's phone had the same issue with brand new SIM card. I pulled the battery and SIM card reinserted and the problem went away.

Nick Griffith

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
different radios and baseband are different in every phone. prl's have to do with it as well. this is y different phones on the same network in the same place get different reception. Some phones have stronger radio's htc I thought was good, after 3 evo 4g, 2 evo 3d, and numerous clients brining them in for charge ports falling out! as well as my first androids were htc's, and I have steared away from them. used many samsungs, and that is what I prefer now. worked on many iphones and touch's as well before I even transitioned to android. and for androids being junk, they just make the software, not the hardware(phone), oh and by the way, that iphone u refer to, has a Samsung screen in it, and quote "The Apple A5 is a system-on-a-chip designed by Apple Inc. and manufactured by Samsung." so chew on that TROLL!!:-$

KWKSLVR

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad this got dug up because I see the same issue on my GNex on rare occasions. I assume it's the device because it never happened until I got my current handset, which is a refurbed unit. Rebooting doesn't always fix it. I have to manually pull the card.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick