Note 20 Ultra N986U carrier universal and unlocked models firmware

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
SUCCESS!

The new download worked. I put the phone into download mode and plugged it into the computer first and then added the files Into Odin.

Not sure what region XAA Is but the phone seems faster,

Thank you so much for the help!

Last question - do you prefer flashing with Odin over software updates from the carriers?

Thank you! 20210521_233347.jpg

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
SUCCESS!

The new download worked. I put the phone into download mode and plugged it into the computer first and then added the files Into Odin.

Not sure what region XAA Is but the phone seems faster,

Thank you so much for the help!

Last question - do you prefer flashing with Odin over software updates from the carriers?

Thank you! View attachment 334167
Awesome, good job

I did with May update , when i dont see the update in 2nd day ill flash

Last edited:

joeyjay

Mar 7, 2016
Visit site
I have to say that my Note 20 Ultra seems much "snappier" after this update! I wonder if the XAA unlocked is just better than the TMB variant.

Thanks again, love flashing with Odin. I think I'm hooked!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have to say that my Note 20 Ultra seems much "snappier" after this update! I wonder if the XAA unlocked is just better than the TMB variant.

Thanks again, love flashing with Odin. I think I'm hooked!
yeah im so use to it by now with odin :)
Some updates will feel that way

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Ok good , you have unlocked version like me , use XAA as region and flash

I flashed the XAA firmware on a t-mobile S21plus, but it still showed as tmb/tmb/tmb whereas my S21 unlocked shows vzw/wzw/XAA. Does this only happen with the newer 21 series when trying to flash XAA firmware?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I flashed the XAA firmware on a t-mobile S21plus, but it still showed as tmb/tmb/tmb whereas my S21 unlocked shows vzw/wzw/XAA. Does this only happen with the newer 21 series when trying to flash XAA firmware?
I've flashed up to the Note 20u , don't have the s21 but I don't think that changed , double check in settings>about >model number have a "1" at the end or still "U"?

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I've flashed up to the Note 20u , don't have the s21 but I don't think that changed , double check in settings>about >model number have a "1" at the end or still "U"?

It was locked to t-mobile but the seller got it unlocked. But I flashed the unlocked U1 firmware to get rid of the t-mobile start up and shut down splash screen. The flash went flawlessly but it still showed tmb/tmb/tmb even though I flashed the XAA and had a vzw sim in the phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
It was locked to t-mobile but the seller got it unlocked. But I flashed the unlocked U1 firmware to get rid of the t-mobile start up and shut down splash screen. The flash went flawlessly but it still showed tmb/tmb/tmb even though I flashed the XAA and had a vzw sim in the phone.
It should read tmb/xaa/tmb if I remember correctly, last letters are the origin of the phone but can you confirm the model number in settings >about phone ? Or screenshot the software page

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
This is the steps :

Windows computer needed

Latest Odin can Google it from XDA Forums and download the latest should be Odin 3.14.1 / and Frija tool or samfirm (i usually download both)

Download samfirm v0.4.1 tool and frija, extract it with 7zip.

You will extract files for Odin prince comsey 3.14.1once download with 7zip and will do same for firmware with 7zip .

Put your model number then region and select check for updates , then download the FIRMWARE , extract the FIRMWARE with 7zip.

There will be 4 files after you extract the firmware

BL

AP

CP

CSC

Each of those files will go in Odin when you open to the corresponding slots

BL

AP

CP

Home slot don't out anything

CSC USE HOME CSC FIILE TO SAVE DATA /THIS ONLY GOING BETWEEN CARRIER FIRMWARE OR IF YOUR ON UNLOCKED GOING BETWEEN UNLOCKED FIRMWARE

If you going from carrier to unlock firmware keep regular CSC not home CSC and do a back up it will factory reset the device.

connect your phone with cable to computer , once the files are in its slots hit start, once done you'll see pass in Odin and it will reboot

*Make sure you put phone in download mode
*If dont see your phone connected in Odin change cables or ports in computer .
*Never disconnect the cable in middle of flashing.
I have done some phone updates in the past on S10 but don't remember how to use Odin....
Welcome to AC!

Follow these steps above in post #114