Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Re: samsung $200 trade in promotion

I just checked Samsung's $200 rebate website and they require you to trade in your existing phone prior to receiving your Note 4. If the phone you're trading is the one you're currently using that doesn't make any sense.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

The last 2 subsidized phones I got from Radio Shack & Costco both allowed me to keep my AT&T grandfathered unlimited data plan. Are you absolutely certain you can't keep a grandfathered AT&T unlimited data plan if you buy a subsidized phone from Best Buy?
Att allows you to keep unlimited when upgrading, but not Verizon.

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I just checked Samsung's $200 rebate website and they require you to trade in your existing phone prior to receiving your Note 4. If the phone you're trading is the one you're currently using that doesn't make any sense.

I think you are mistaken. https://samsunggalaxypromotions.com/Note4/ is the web page that lists the steps:

1. Preorder the GN4 between 9/19 and 10/16

2. Trade in any working smartphone (tiny print at the bottom says it must be worth at least $10)

3. Starting 10/10, come back to this site and submit your purchase and trade-in information.

4. Enter your contact info.

5. Enter your device's HEX MEID (which means you've got to have purchased and received your new phone)

6. Upload both preorder and trade-in receipts for validation.

The tiny print at the bottom says that your return to the Samsung page and submission of claims (as described above) must be done between 10/10 and 11/30, which extends roughly six weeks after the deadline for preorder of 10/10. Given all of that, it looks to me like you can pre-order the GN4, then when it comes in you go to get it and trade in an old smartphone, and then you go back to the Samsung web page to submit the pre-order and trade-in receipts and purchase info for your new GN4.

steveinil

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site

i assume they send you something to mail it to them or do you turn in your trade in phone where you bought the note?

also where are you guys finding your trade in value best buy? pro is no value on there

GaryK2

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site

So we can't do the trade in until the phone is in stock then?

Posted via the Android Central App

I have trouble reading the fine print on the Samsung promotion
However, i thing you have to pre-order between 9/19 - 10/16.
Once you receive your phone, you need to submit your offer claim to Samsung between 10/10/14 - 11/30/14 or while offer supply lasts. I not sure what they mean "or while offer supply lasts". However if you pre-order, then recieive the phone, then trade-in the old phone, then submit the claim. I believe the timing works and you and me also will not be without a phone.
Does this sound correct to everyone?
If so, I plan on pre-ordering through Verizon.

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I was just off the phone from Samsung CS Rep that the $200 offer is only good from carrier retail store (ATT, verizon. etc).... but I am not hearing confidence in his tone... probably just a SWAG...

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

probably someone who has done the preorder with Bestbuy can show us the receipt to confirm if the $200 Bestbuy giftcard mentioned anywhere in the receipt ?

muadib279

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

probably someone who has done the preorder with Bestbuy can show us the receipt to confirm if the $200 Bestbuy giftcard mentioned anywhere in the receipt ?
I just did a preorder at BB today, and no it is not.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

SamsungTradeinOffer.JPG

I was just off the phone from Samsung CS Rep that the $200 offer is only good from carrier retail store (ATT, verizon. etc).... but I am not hearing confidence in his tone... probably just a SWAG...

The large print on the Samsung offer says you have to preorder "from any carrier or retailer in the U.S." but the tiny print refers to doing a trade-in "at a participating retailer." Sure doesn't look limited to carriers to me.

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I think the question is whether, when you go to trade in your old phone, will the trade-in receipt show that Best Buy gave you $200 for it.

droid747

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site

My local bestbuy mobile people are clueless. The o,e said oh it is a $20 gift card. Then when I said it is 200 I asked would I qualify if I bought it off contract and they said no. Then they said they did not,know the off contract price of Verizon's and tried telling me it would most likely be 800. Anyone know how much the verizon note 4 will be off contract at bestbuy? I might just,preorder there and submit the claim via the Samsung website itself if,bestbuy won't give me the 200 gift card.

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site

I am not sure what my Motorola Droid X2 is worth. Where do you find the values that Samsung allows for old phones? My old phone looks mint and works, but might not be worth anything to Samsung. ( I wish I could just give them $10 if the phone isn't worth anything.)

Posted via Android Central App

brentj

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

BestBuyTradeinOffer.JPG

The wording of the BestBuy offer is interesting. It says pre-order the GN4 today and "get $200 Best Buy gift card at time of purchase with trade-in of any working smartphone." It doesn't say that the gift card is for the trade-in. And the small print says that trade-in value may vary. Why would they say that the trade-in value may vary if they're giving you the $200 gift card for your trade-in, no matter what it is, so long as it's working? Maybe you get $10 (or whatever amount) for your trade-in, plus the $200 gift card for the pre-order purchase. (probably not, but the wording doesn't preclude that)

One additional positive thing is that the small print suggests that the $200 can be applied to the purchase of the GN4: "Taxes applied to price of phone prior to the gift card credit." I'd much rather get $200 off at time of purchase than wait to receive the trade-in guarantee payment from Samsung (assuming you can only get one or the other, of which I am not totally convinced).

123troy

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site

My wife and I pre-ordered yesterday and the the store did not know anything about this until I showed them on my phone. I just got off the phone with 888-BestBuy and the rep told me that when we go to pickup our phones, we do the trade-in then. After approximately 16 days (need to wait until after the 14 return period) you will receive an e-giftcard for the $200. This rebate is instead of the one from Samsung.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

As far as I can ascertain Samsung themselves do not accept trade ins. That has to be done through the carrier or retailer. Myself I have to order directly from AT&T because I would have their early upgrade program and that is only through AT&T directly, not through retailers. So I checked the value of my S3 on their website and it's $60 and if I'm understanding correctly Samsung will send me a check for $140. I would have rather traded my Captivate and kept the S3 for a back up but it's only valued by AT&T at $9 and again if I understand correctly the minimum trade in value has to be $10 to qualify for the Samsung rebate. Bottom line is I was going to get either a Note 3 or 4 and with the Samsung $200 trade in the Note 4 costs $100 which is the same price as the Note 3. I think we can thank Apple for the $200 rebate because they have up to $300 on a prior model iPhone trade in on an iPhone 6 and I'm sure Samsung didn't want to lose market share because of it.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
You trade in at Beat Buy. I pre-ordered my Note 4 yesterday but the sales person said I would only get $40 for my GNex. I told him about the promo and he said that thru BB it is UP TO $200 or as "brentj" stated previously "trade in value may vary". I checked the fine print on the BB promo web page and he is right so I'll be getting $40 from Best Buy and then submitting the paperwork to Samsung for the remaining $160.

Ryanalan82i

Banned
Sep 22, 2010
Visit site

Reading the fine print for the best buy offer, it says no cracked phones. I have a cracked eVo 4g lte,( just happened last week), s what would be easiest to do. Change the screen out, or just switch my active phone back to my first eVo? Would they accept a phone that old?

And can u still do the payment plan for the phone added to your monthly phone bill get it at best buy and do the trade in offer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali