Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

epic800

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Re: Note 4 samsung $200 trade in promotion

So, when I go in to pick up my Note 4 preorder from Best Buy I can bring in my old HTC G2 and receive $200 trade-in credit?

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

BB told me that any working smartphone would do, including my old Droid X. I'm thinking of taking an old Palm Treo in and trading that instead. I'm assuming the Treo qualifies as a smartphone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site

So has any one figured out whether the imei and Mac address they want is supposed to be from your trade in or from the note 4?

Posted via Android Central App

I'll answer my own question, lol. It's the note 4 they want it for. In case anyone else is wondering.

Mad4sax

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

So has any one figured out whether the imei and Mac address they want is supposed to be from your trade in or from the note 4?

It is the Note 4. So can't do the web site until you get your new phone info.

pcsperson

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site

I called several best buys and then the last guy called their corporate office for me. They said you can not get 200 deal if buying phone outright because it has to be activated through their system. He said he could not think of a way to work this for me. Guess I'm buying from amazon and doing trade in through them too. Hope that works for samsung 200.

How do you do a trade in with Amazon?

Sent from my Note 2

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site

I did a trade in of LG lucid and sent to amazon for 20 dollars gift card. Preordered through them. I'm going to submit the receipts and proof via online at Samsung promotions site. Can send pic of receipts it says. Not sure if it will work but gonna try. Best buy will not give u 200 if buying off contract, at least for my area.

R Saxena

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

How do you get a trade in receipt from Amazon. I submitted for a trade in and got a shipping label and a packing slip. Is packing slip considered a receipt or amazon will issue one once they receive the phone?

Given all the confusion with BB, I am thinking Amazon is safer option.

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Considering BB takes $200 off the price when you pick up the N4 vs. having to mail receipts & info to Samsung and then wait 6-8 weeks to see if you get their rebate I don't think that's a safer option at all, just the opposite. Plus one of Samsung's terms states "While supplies last." whatever that's supposed to mean.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Ok so whats the best buy deal? I guess I've only been focused on the Samsung. I have my wife's old s2 to trade in and plan on going to best buy next Friday to order and trade?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

Ok so whats the best buy deal? I guess I've only been focused on the Samsung. I have my wife's old s2 to trade in and plan on going to best buy next Friday to order and trade?

In order to qualify for the best buy promo you must preorder the phone before next Friday

Posted via the Android Central App

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Ok here's another question. Will verizon take my wife's att S2 as a trade in for the Samsung deal or no since its not a verizon phone? Probably a dumb question

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Ok here's another question. Will verizon take my wife's att S2 as a trade in for the Samsung deal or no since its not a verizon phone? Probably a dumb question

Check the VZW online trade in calculator. That'll confirm if they offer anything for it.

Faceless Bob

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

Will verizon take my wife's att S2 as a trade in for the Samsung deal or no since its not a verizon phone?

Verizon will take a phone from any carrier in trade. I bought a $40 LG Virgin Mobile prepaid phone from Best Buy and used it as my trade - Verizon gave me $12 for it, so it squeaked by just above the $10 minimum.

I do recommend trying Amazon's trade in program first, however - they seem to value old phones much greater. My HTC T-Bolt was worth $6 to Verizon, and Amazon offered me $48.

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

25 bucks. I think I'll just trade it in at my local verizon store and go the Samsung route. Sell my note 2 and maybe make a little money.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

so alright, here's a good question..

pre-ordered through VZW, but VZW only wants to give me 9 bucks for my GS3, which has a small hairline crack on the screen. Best buy, even with the crack, will give me 26 bucks.

i'm buying outright, so i'm not doing the best buy promotion; rather, i'm trying for the samsung one. since i pre-ordered through verizon, think they'd gimmie any BS by trading in at best buy for that 26 bucks, then uploading those two reciepts? it's from two different retailers, and since one is BB, i'm wondering if they would deny it...

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site

pre-ordered through VZW, but VZW only wants to give me 9 bucks for my GS3, which has a small hairline crack on the screen. Best buy, even with the crack, will give me 26 bucks.

i'm buying outright, so i'm not doing the best buy promotion; rather, i'm trying for the samsung one. since i pre-ordered through verizon, think they'd gimmie any BS by trading in at best buy for that 26 bucks, then uploading those two reciepts? it's from two different retailers, and since one is BB, i'm wondering if they would deny it...

The promotion clearly states that the traded in phone must be free of cracks :(

Posted via the Android Central App

aparker2005

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site

Quick question. Can I trade the Galaxy S in at att store, order note 4 at verizon and still qualify for the Samsung promo?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site

Quick question. Can I trade the Galaxy S in at att store, order note 4 at verizon and still qualify for the Samsung promo?

The Galaxy S (AT&T Captivate in my case) is $8 trade in from AT&T so it doesn't qualify for the Samsung $200 rebate which states the trade in has to be a minimum of $10. Best Buy's online trade in calculator values it at $20 but if you buy at BB you get their instant $200 trade in rebate.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site

Samsung's promo conditions don't say you can't do the purchase and trade in at two different locations. They're even listed in separate steps on their terms and conditions page. If Best Buy will give you $26, I'd say go for it. Samsung just wants to see the two receipts, and they'll never know your trade in's screen was cracked.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe