Note 4 - Samsung $200 trade in promotion

imsganesh

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I did manage to get my online request approved and received an email acknowledging the submission. I chose to MAIL IN the receipts.

For the rebate, I had to send a copy of the emailed approval from Samsung, a copy of my pre-order receipt from Verizon and a copy of my trade-in receipt from Verizon. (They gave me $45 allowance for my Samsung S3, so Samsung has to send me $155.)

It wasn't easy to copy Samsung's email because it didn't scale properly in either Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer. It was always too big and part of it got cut off. I wound up going full screen in the email and making a screen grab which I had to scale smaller in Photoshop in order to get it print out entirely on an 8.5 x 11 sheet.

I marked down the day the rebate papers got mailed in my Google calendar and also 8 weeks later to remind myself that I should have received the rebate.
thanks. That's exactly what I did. I per ordered through tmobile on day 1. Later did a trade in online and got a email confirmation. I printed both and signed it.I submitted the claim and got the email from prize logic and printed that too and mailed all of them together.

Did you trade-in in person or online? Obviously these will be 2 different dates right?

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I did the trade in at my local Verizon store when I brought my Fed-Ex shipped Note 4 in to be set up. I didn't have confidence to set it up myself - just uploaded the stuff from my S3 to the cloud.

Yes...the pre-order and trade-in had different dates.

imsganesh

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I did the trade in at my local Verizon store when I brought my Fed-Ex shipped Note 4 in to be set up. I didn't have confidence to set it up myself - just uploaded the stuff from my S3 to the cloud.

Yes...the pre-order and trade-in had different dates.

ok, I am at a loss here then. other than the fact that I did the trade-in online I don't know what else is wrong. This whole thing looks like a Scam anyway. the way they tried to limit the no. of claims. Thanks for the response.

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
Sorry if someone already asked this but do you receive any kind confirmation if you've submitted your trade in value and preorder through Samsung? I just submitted everything but did not receive an email or any sort of confirmation from Samsung. I was brought back to their promotion page once I submitted it. Thanks!

I had an email telling me they'd received it (below):

Thanks! You’re officially registered for Smart Samsung Phone. Brilliant Friends and Family Deal.

If you submitted your preorder and trade-in receipts claim online, be on the lookout for a confirmation email. Once we’ve approved your signed receipts, your check should arrive in approximately 6 to 8* weeks.

If you opted to mail in your signed receipts, you must print and mail this email along with your receipt to:

PrizeLogic Fulfillment
Smart Samsung Phone. Brilliant Friends and Family Deal.
P.O. Box 251328
West Bloomfield, MI 48325

Your Registration Confirmation Number:

whph28

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Which cheap (I assume it was cheap) pre paid phone did you use? Or which one did they mention?

Yes, 38.00. It was the tmobile zte zinger that I got from walmart. The rep said I didn't even have to unbox it, I could have just brought it in, in the box brand new. He said a lot of people do that and there is no restriction because it's ANY working smart phone and it just has to power on and not have visible signs of damage to the screen. I think 38.00 is a good investment for a 200.00 gift card.

I was worried that it had to be the same carrier since I have verizon but he said the carrier doesnt matter, just the phone itself. it also had a 0.00 trade in value but they said that didnt matter.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I did manage to get my online request approved and received an email acknowledging the submission. I chose to MAIL IN the receipts.

For the rebate, I had to send a copy of the emailed approval from Samsung, a copy of my pre-order receipt from Verizon and a copy of my trade-in receipt from Verizon. (They gave me $45 allowance for my Samsung S3, so Samsung has to send me $155.)

It wasn't easy to copy Samsung's email because it didn't scale properly in either Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer. It was always too big and part of it got cut off. I wound up going full screen in the email and making a screen grab which I had to scale smaller in Photoshop in order to get it print out entirely on an 8.5 x 11 sheet.

I marked down the day the rebate papers got mailed in my Google calendar and also 8 weeks later to remind myself that I should have received the rebate.

Did you receive a confirmation when they received your mail? I asked them twice to no avail whether they got my information or not, this Saturday marks 2 weeks.

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes, 38.00. It was the tmobile zte zinger that I got from walmart. The rep said I didn't even have to unbox it, I could have just brought it in, in the box brand new. He said a lot of people do that and there is no restriction because it's ANY working smart phone and it just has to power on and not have visible signs of damage to the screen. I think 38.00 is a good investment for a 200.00 gift card.

I was worried that it had to be the same carrier since I have verizon but he said the carrier doesnt matter, just the phone itself. it also had a 0.00 trade in value but they said that didnt matter.

Interesting, I see t mobile sells it, so maybe I can just grab it from their store as the nearest walmart is like 40 minutes away. Didn't the best buy rep check the database to see if it's in their system? I'm looking on the BB trade in page now and I cannot find the zte zinger. You must've lucked out massively if your rep didn't even bother checking the system and took whatever phone. My BB is *STILL* spouting the $10 value non sense.

Punker1234

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
Interesting, I see t mobile sells it, so maybe I can just grab it from their store as the nearest walmart is like 40 minutes away. Didn't the best buy rep check the database to see if it's in their system? I'm looking on the BB trade in page now and I cannot find the zte zinger. You must've lucked out massively if your rep didn't even bother checking the system and took whatever phone. My BB is *STILL* spouting the $10 value non sense.

So this (not you directly or anyone where), just caused me a ton of headache action. I picked up an Evolve 2 at BB since they didn't have the Zinger in stock. I go to Tmobile (since BB is out), they run my credit, do the whole song and dance. The nice man rings up my trade in... $3. Not $33, $3. Poor guy, I had to cancel because I told him I'd be out $200 bucks. Credit of course takes a hit. I have a Note coming from ATT, but I'm beyond tired of their ridiculously expensive data plans.

Anyway, serves me right trying to leave a carrier :)

Zergslayer69

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
So this (not you directly or anyone where), just caused me a ton of headache action. I picked up an Evolve 2 at BB since they didn't have the Zinger in stock. I go to Tmobile (since BB is out), they run my credit, do the whole song and dance. The nice man rings up my trade in... $3. Not $33, $3. Poor guy, I had to cancel because I told him I'd be out $200 bucks. Credit of course takes a hit. I have a Note coming from ATT, but I'm beyond tired of their ridiculously expensive data plans.

Anyway, serves me right trying to leave a carrier :)

I just picked up a note 4 from a further BB branch since the local one keeps talking about the $10 value. Brought an old iphone 3gs with me that's worth 0 on their system. Rep took it no problem and gave me $200 gift card. If your phone is worth $3 they should give you the $200 gift card for it.

Punker1234

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up a note 4 from a further BB branch since the local one keeps talking about the $10 value. Brought an old iphone 3gs with me that's worth 0 on their system. Rep took it no problem and gave me $200 gift card. If your phone is worth $3 they should give you the $200 gift card for it.

I would but my local best buy does not have it in stock. The next nearest best buy is an hour away. I have an old 3G that I'd love to get 200 bucks for lol.

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Well I see bestbuys website says you get the gift card at the time of purchase. I wonder If they would let you buy the phone now and get the gift card to apply to the phone purchase now too. I might have to go talk to them and find out. I am thinking of selling my g3 to get this and trading in an old thunderbolt for the 200 promo.

Posted via the Android Central App

If you have a real nice phone and a junk phone like say a old iPhone 3 (hehe) heck yes sale the good phone on Craigslist and take the junkie iphone 3 in for $200 at best buy you win

Posted via Android Central App

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Since I'm trying to mail in all the information, do I need the estimated value confirmation of the phone or do I have to wait for them to mail back the confirmation reciept? I'm doing my trade in by mail too and was just wondering

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I was going to trade in my iphone (original), but I used it until the charge went to zero. Now when I try to charge it it goes through the start up cycle then shuts off. I'd holds no charge. Now I'm turning in my note 2. I was gonna give this phone to my brother but oh well.

sidthekid28

Banned
Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Just so everyone knows... I also sent my information in ONLINE using the upload buttons... did everything exactly as it said... got the email saying they received my info a minute after i did it with the confirmation number... i am also still waiting for the approval email... apparently it is taking them forever to process these claims... but i would not worry... rebates always take forever... i am sure that as long as you all followed the instructions, that we will all be ok and receive the approval email soon and then our checks 6-8 weeks after that...

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I have one last question. I'm mailing all my information in. Do I mail in my order confirmation email or the order confirmation reciept I received with the phone? I would do both but my only issue is the order dates are listed as two separate dates 10/1 and 10/9

wishwish82

Nov 3, 2014
Visit site
I registered for two rebates one for myself one for my dad . Bit forgot to circle the dates and the value of trade-in at it said in the instructions. Hope that doesn't cost $400

isabel95

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I mailed the receipt I got when I preordered the phone AND a copy of the email confirmation after I registered for the rebate online.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter