Note 5 vs Note 4 discussion

If they had been released at the same time, would you get a Note 4 or Note 5?

• Total voters

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
I'm sure some will agree with you. The S6's back didn't appeal to me so of course the Note's wouldn't. I was excited to see the Note 5 in person but the look is not my thing. Those that have it or like it, great! Maybe the look will grow on me.

from the Elegance
I understand completely! :)

Samsung Galaxy S6 - Black - 32GB - AT&T
Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass

carlos12001

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Note 5 without a doubt. I just played around with one, this thing is the fastest phone I've ever seen.

Posted via the Android Central App

feragola

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I love how people are like,
Yeah I would get the Note 4 because like, I change batteries 4-5 times a day, that's a dealbreaker!

I keep every picture and song track I own Actually On My Phone, so I can listen to tunes and look at pics when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, so not being able to put a 1TB SD all up in there is a no-go.
Who cares if the processor is faster if you can't swap batteries.
The camera is almost the same, aside from the lens and the software, who even uses the Aperture anyway? 2.2 has got to be better than 1.9 because it's bigger. And if you can't swap your SD card, who cares about the camera.
You wouldn't need "Fast" or "Wireless" charging if you could just swap the battery out.

I can play 24bit / 192kHz audio on the Note 5 but who cares if you can't swap the SD out and have all 86,000 tracks you own actually on your phone, for superset days. Streaming kills your battery and you can't swap out.
And who streams audio over Bluetooth at higher bitrates anyway, that just makes you have to swap batteries out quicker.
I heard they can steal your identity through the new fingerprint reader that actually works, so I'd rather have one that doesn't work so well.

The glass on the back of the 5 is so slick that you have to put Pine Tar on your hands to hold onto it.
The Note 5 is so ugly that all the sales people won't look directly at it. It made the girl next to me vomit.

Not having an IR Blaster would make my life unbearable. I would have to use the crappy remote that actually came with my TV.

I don't care about the so called Improvements that they have made to the S-Pen and it's software. Who uses the S-Pen anyway, It's Garbage Bruh. Plus it makes your battery die when that stupid alarm goes off and you have to swap out.

My buddies friend has a friend who knows a guy that says that his Uncles Note 5 dies in like 3 hrs.

I would get the Note 5.

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
So what's the problem with the Note 5? No one has to get it.

Posted via Android Central App (Moto X)

Your original quote said "IR blasters are dead. Who's still including them?". I included all of the Samsung phones that came out this year that have IR blasters.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Your original quote said "IR blasters are dead. Who's still including them?". I included all of the Samsung phones that came out this year that have IR blasters.

This is the Note 5 thread.

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Note 4 is the best looking phone I have owned that I don't feel I need a case. Not to mention..storage, removable battery and ir

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

JoshDunc

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I would get the Note 4 because like, I change batteries 4-5 times a day, that's a dealbreaker!

I keep every picture and song track I own Actually On My Phone, so I can listen to tunes and look at pics when I'm out in the middle of nowhere, so not being able to put a 1TB SD all up in there is a no-go.
The camera is almost the same, aside from the lens and the software, who even uses the Aperture anyway? 2.2 has got to be better than 1.9 because it's bigger. And if you can't swap your SD card, who cares about the camera.
You wouldn't need "Fast" or "Wireless" charging if you could just swap the battery out.

I can play 24bit / 192kHz audio on the Note 5 but who cares if you can't swap the SD out and have all 86,000 tracks you own actually on your phone, for superset days. Streaming kills your battery and you can't swap out.
And who streams audio over Bluetooth at higher bitrates anyway, that just makes you have to swap batteries out quicker.
I heard they can steal your identity through the new fingerprint reader that actually works, so I'd rather have one that doesn't work so well.

The glass on the back of the 5 is so slick that you have to put Pine Tar on your hands to hold onto it.
The Note 5 is so ugly that all the sales people won't look directly at it. It made the girl next to me vomit.

Not having an IR Blaster would make my life unbearable. I would have to use the crappy remote that actually came with my TV.

I don't care about the so called Improvements that they have made to the S-Pen and it's software. Who uses the S-Pen anyway, It's Garbage Bruh. Plus it makes your battery die when that stupid alarm goes off and you have to swap out.

My buddies friend has a friend who knows a guy that says that his Uncles Note 5 dies in like 3 hrs.

I would get the Note 5.
This is awesome! Lol made me laugh so hard I spit my food out

Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I would get the Note 5.
That actually made me smile. A little bit.

from the Elegance

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
IR blasters are dead. Who's still including them?

I think you shouldn't call them dead, since some phones like the LG G4 have it.

I think "niche" would be a better term. I use it daily for my IR electronics. We have a lot of remotes in the house, so having them in one device is handy.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Also, some guys here are acting like children.

Maybe it's best if you just be happy with what you have, choose what YOU like and don't bash others for not choosing it or having a different usage pattern.

I won't be buying a Note 5, but I'll be seeing if I won one from the giveaway. If I do, then it'll be a work-focused device.

I might have to take a break from the Note 5 subthread until the hate dust settles.

Some concerns are legit, though.

Last edited:

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Really? I think the Note 5 is a gorgeous device.

Speck Candyshell
ZAGG Tempered Glass
Yep agreed went to best buy and Note 5 and 4 were next to each other. Note 5 looked gorgeous and so nice to hold in hand. Picked up a Note 4 felt and looked like crap.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
So how many people buying the N5 will be using it without a case? If so, I can understand that looks matter. But with that glass back drops could be unfortunate. If you will use a case, how will that impact how it looks?

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You are wrong my friend. It's getting excellent battery life

//images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/08/15/940e7b4c526f7cceb4c48ce9b4ed2528.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

very solid but I'd give it at least a few weeks before reaching a conclusion. I hope it works out though and for some reason, despite the S6, I think it'll be OK.

that said, this is even more a reason to be upset about the 3000 mAh. I realize I'm being greedy, but if it's truly that efficient, think about how long it would last with a 4000 battery.

Samsung isn't dumb, they're not a hundred billion dollar company for nothing so they obviously know what they're doing, but for my own selfish reasons, I would've loved to see just over the top, killer battery life!

hope you're enjoying it, no doubt it's a gorgeous phone!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caldul1234