Note 8 Attachment Includes

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
a couple of things came with the Note 8, adapters, that I've never used and not really sure how to use them. Can I use one or both of the adapters to attach a portable drive like a WD Passport to my Note to access a file if I want to. thanks.

NiffiIsenguard

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
well the little one is a USB micro to USBC adapter (keeps your old cables from being obsolete) and the other is for USB attachments mice, keyboards personally haven't tried it for a mass storage device so can't comment on that

Bosbouer

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
thank you

I can confirm that the USB adapter reads and writes to my newest portable hard drive and thumb drives. One very old portable hard drive it does not see BUT that specific one has a plug for dc input. I suspect that the voltage delivered to the c type plug is to low to power the ood hard drive. Did not try a mouse.

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that the USB adapter reads and writes to my newest portable hard drive and thumb drives. One very old portable hard drive it does not see BUT that specific one has a plug for dc input. I suspect that the voltage delivered to the c type plug is to low to power the ood hard drive. Did not try a mouse.

oh man, thank you! so I can take my drive with me and use it on the fly. nice. what size drive did you use?