Nov. 17th European Launch to precede U.S. Launch

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
A)......Do you think Google could pull off a three-carrier release? Sadly, not right now...

Sadly, they could but their dealing w/ the mentality of the big, swinging d's over at Verizon. So you're right, they can't. I love my network but hate the attitude of my carrier. Sorry to rant....I'm all better now.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
So does this mean AT&T users might be using the GN before VZW users since the one released on the 17th is the GSM/HSPA+ version?

Will AT&T users be able to buy overseas right away and just pop in their sim cards?

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
So does this mean AT&T users might be using the GN before VZW users since the one released on the 17th is the GSM/HSPA+ version?

Will AT&T users be able to buy overseas right away and just pop in their sim cards?

Depending on when VZW gets its act together, an AT&T user could technically get it first if they got it purchased, shipped, and activated it quickly enough. It's going to be close though.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
One thing none of you appear to be considering is that maybe the delay IS due to Samsung. Since the LTE version of this device will be different from the GSM version it probably needs to be made on a different production line. Since they will sell way more GSM phones then LTE they may be prioritising GSM production. Thus Verizon is waiting on confirmation of a delivery date before announcing the release.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
One thing none of you appear to be considering is that maybe the delay IS due to Samsung. Since the LTE version of this device will be different from the GSM version it probably needs to be made on a different production line. Since they will sell way more GSM phones then LTE they may be prioritising GSM production. Thus Verizon is waiting on confirmation of a delivery date before announcing the release.

Well according to BMX, Verizon's warehouse is going to start receiving shipments in the next couple of days and it's already in their sales system, so they're clearly stocking up. They could be waiting for a certain amount, however.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
You guys do of course realize that Samsung simply cannot will 1,000,000 Galaxy Nexus' out of thin air right? The hardware for these phones has likely been finalized for a month now, and full out production of the phones would probably already had to have been in full swing for them to make nationwide delivery for release by January.

Think about what has to happen for something like 1,000,000 units to make it to stores all over the country for a simultaneous launch. Production has to have been done already. The phones then have to be packed up and shipped across the pacific (likely ocean linear sized cargo ship). They then have to be processed by Samsung in Cali and sorted for distribution to Verizon. Then they are loaded onto trucks (most likely) and shipped to various Verizon regional holding warehouses, where they have to be processed yet again, then sorted yet again then packed up yet again for regional distribution to each store. Now I don't work for either Samsung, Verizon, or Google so the steps may not be entirely representative of all the hurdles, but the shear logistics of this kind of a product launch requires alot more than just a week's notice.

The hardware for this phone is done, and likely being produced as we speak. The question is, have the phones actually arrived in the US yet, and even if they have, does Verizon actually have room to hold them, with concurrent orders from HTC and Moto arriving wherever their regional storage warehouses are...?

EDIT: And that's not even counting the fact that the Galaxy Nexus is a WORLD WIDE launch, with different models for different carriers, as pointed out above me.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site

If they were focused on making the GT-i9250, & both models were on different production lines. Do you know what Verizons SCH-i515 would be doing right now, as I type this? Lying in their little bed in the fetal position, wondering why their lil room is so dark & sealed shut, encased in cardboard walls, wrapped in plastic, sitting on pallets, collecting dust, wondering why in the hell nobody in the USofA, is able to adopt them. Hey Verizon, those cute little androids have rights to be free. Set 'em free you Big Red meanies.:mad: :mad: :mad: .........:p