Nova Launcher and Jellybean update issue

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Hey all -Just updated my SGIII to JB this morning. Went flawlessly. However, after the update and rebooting my phone twice, I found that some of my ADW Widgets no longer worked, in particular the Calendar and Agenda widgets I figured "no worries", I'll just remove them and add them back. That's where all my problems started. I cannot add widgets using Nova Prime at all. I thought maybe I had to add them the more traditional way (go through the apps drawer and use the widget tab, instead of the more traditional Nova way of longpressing screen and going to widgets from there). Well, neither way worked. When trying to add widgets, the screen locks, then goes back to the homescreen without even showing any widgets.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, and if so, what did you do to fix this. I'm thinking a Factory Reset might be in order, but i REALLY wanted to avoid this if possible.

In the meantime I'll see if Tesla has any idea of the issue and if he has a fix. I'll report back if I find out anything. Thanks for your help...

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
Did you try resetting nova? Or I'd also try uninstalling nova and reinstalling.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
Did you try resetting nova? Or I'd also try uninstalling nova and reinstalling.

I reset Nova right away after seeing the widgets stopped working... I'm thinking an uninstall and reinstall might not be a bad thing. Maybe I'll back Nova up, drop the file somewhere on my SD and then blow Nova away, reinstall and pull in the backup file. Thanks for the suggestion.

trunks527

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
I reset Nova right away after seeing the widgets stopped working... I'm thinking an uninstall and reinstall might not be a bad thing. Maybe I'll back Nova up, drop the file somewhere on my SD and then blow Nova away, reinstall and pull in the backup file. Thanks for the suggestion.

I had issues with nova on my nexus before. I know a reinstall fixed it. Hopefully it works out for you.

qdigga

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I had issues with nova on my nexus before. I know a reinstall fixed it. Hopefully it works out for you.

After I backed up my device, blew it away and reinstalled everything, the problem still wasn't fixed, so I limped along for a bit...UNTIL, the Nova update came out this week and, low-and-behold, Tesla addressed the "known" issue with Samsung phones and I am up and flying again. Thanks for the suggestions. I appreciate how the AC community is always ready to give a helping hand...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny