ARCHIVED: [OC Kernel] Xionia Kernel 2.6.32.33 (v013)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Wow, zefie you are awesome... I held off for so long on installing this because I've never oc'ed anything and was scared, but boy does it work well! Noticed no significant battery effects running at 806 on intermittant or interpretive or whatever it is called, dropping to 400 something when the screen is off. ThundeROM runs even faster now and angry birds just flies! (That's my benchmark). Thanks again.

Sent from my Optimus S...excuse the spelling mistakrs

selvian

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
OK, so I have Xionia i0.5 installed, and am noticing some odd behavior which may or may not be related: Google sky maps causes a reboot of the phone after a few seconds.

I don't have a copy of the original kernal, so I can't see if this also happens using a stock phone.

Can someone else try it and see what's going on?

Thanks....

Same issue here, it was working fine with the stock kernal and Thunderom 1.5 until i installed this Xionia Kernal.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Sky, same thing crashed after a few seconds.

Edit:

I set the "stock build prop" for TR, and now google sky is staying open.

Im clocked at 600, when I clock at anything higher it restarts

Last edited:

zefie

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Same issue here, it was working fine with the stock kernal and Thunderom 1.5 until i installed this Xionia Kernal.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Google Sky, same thing crashed after a few seconds.

Edit:

I set the "stock build prop" for TR, and now google sky is staying open.

Im clocked at 600, when I clock at anything higher it restarts

I just tested google sky on my phone with my kernel at 825. while jittery as hell because of the sensors, it did not crash within the 1 minute i tried it. Then again I use my own custom hybrid of stock, Thunder, and nROM, so.. at any rate, not kernel related!

gnobiwan

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site

Ok...for those of you with problems...if you are spelling "KERNEL" wrong when it is in the name of the thread, don't attempt to do anything with your phone. In fact, are most of you even able to comprehend the manual? Second...the others just may not be able to read entirely. This is my first android and I was able to root my phone, flash thundering and flash this kernel with no problems at all (even had to use the guide on how to use the terminal emulator to get rom manager to recognize my phone, like 6 lines of code.) Stay in school people and you too could have a firm grasp of the english language. Thanks to all who contributed to the rom, kernel and coding to be able to make the optimistic more than entry-level. 2mb download speeds over 3g is no joke.

shortyjacobs

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok...for those of you with problems...if you are spelling "KERNEL" wrong when it is in the name of the thread, don't attempt to do anything with your phone. In fact, are most of you even able to comprehend the manual? Second...the others just may not be able to read entirely. This is my first android and I was able to root my phone, flash thundering and flash this kernel with no problems at all (even had to use the guide on how to use the terminal emulator to get rom manager to recognize my phone, like 6 lines of code.) Stay in school people and you too could have a firm grasp of the english language. Thanks to all who contributed to the rom, kernel and coding to be able to make the optimistic more than entry-level. 2mb download speeds over 3g is no joke.

Thunderom** now saved to phone...I hate auto-correct. ^^

Oh the irony :confused:. Also, it's correctly titled "ThundeROM", and it's an Optimus S, not an optimistic.

Not everyone is a swish super-hacker. Calling names and being condescending is neither helpful nor welcome on this thread or board.

Status
Not open for further replies.