[Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwork **UPDATED**3/25

youngifame

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: [Odin] Froyo leaked packaged custom ROMs w/root and clockwor

Im a newbie and my froyo has ed04 would this a affect my phone in any way? or what do i do?:confused:

kjacw

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site

Post #1 = Credits,Downloads and Directions
Post #2 = How to extract .rar
Post #3 = Directions with visual aids
Post #4 = Troubleshooting

****************************************************************************************************
First off i want to give credit where credit is due. Adrynalyne one of great advisers has brought this leak to us, he is also the one that inspired me to get this done. So thank you Adrynalyne...
Original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...acks/59339-release-eb01-rom-kernel-radio.html
Original content here: http://forum.androidcentral.com/ver...om-dl09-super-clean-0-4-eb01-2-1-updated.html

================================================

These packages include EB01 Kernel, Modem, recovery. It also includes root, super user application and clockwork mod for froyo all included.
********************************************************************************************************
THIS PACKAGE WILL WIPE YOUR DATA AND CACHE, BEFORE ATTEMPTING THIS BACKUP ANY DATA THAT IS IMPORTANT TO YOU.
AND AS ALWAYS NEITHER I NOR ANDROID CENTRAL ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HACK OR MODIFICATION YOU DO ON YOUR DEVICE.

*********************************************************************************************************

Post #3 has a visual walkthrough of how to use Odin

To install Odin packages on your device
1. First you will need to download and place on your sd card update.zip, download here Update.zip

Download and install drivers on your computer HERE

2. Next you will need a Froyo tar file which will be placed in the PDA section of odin.

Download your flavor of Froyo Below

Full Stock Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod

EB01_DXC.tar

Debloated/Deodexed Froyo Leak+root+Froyo Clockworkmod

EB01DB_DXC.tar

Super Clean version 2.9 - EB01/EB16 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection

RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EB16SC29_DXC.tar

Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmodwith MALWARE protection

RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->Pulled

WARNING: NO DATA WIPE MAY CAUSE FC IF COMING FROM ECLAIR, FULL WIPE IS RECOMMENDED
Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection THIS VERSION DOES NOT WIPE DATA
(TESTED by Standupdad Please thank him)
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->EC10SC292x_DXC.tar

3.) You will need to download Odin application tool found here ODIN or ODIN mirror
4.) If your phone is plugged into your computer, unplug it now.
5.) If your phone is not powered down, power it down now.
6.) Remove battery from phone.
7.) Launch ODIN on PC.
8.) Plug USB cable into phone.
9.) Plug your Fascinate into the PC via USB cable.
10.) Press and hold the volume-down key until you see a gigantic yellow triangle and your phone will be in download mode.(Please see 2nd picture in post #3)You can now release the volume key. At this point you will see a yellow com port in the upper left hand corner of the Odin applicate. .(Please see 3rd picture in post #3)

11.) Click on the PDA button in ODIN

Triple check that you pushed the PDA button. Do NOT click the Phone button prior to continuing to step 13. If you choose Phone, you will have bought your Fascinate a one-way ticket to hell.

12.) Choose the .tar.md5 file you downloaded in step 2 above & click the Start button.(this should take approx 3 to 6mins)
13.) Phone will power down when finished.
14.) Remove USB cable.
15.) Reinsert battery.
16.) Power phone and wait to boot approx 4mins

Congrats you are done you now have Rooted Froyo with new clockwork installed if/when you need it.

NOTE DO NOT FLASH ROM MANAGER RECOVERY IT IS NOT COMPATIBLE
DroidXcon thanks for the post.

Let me say first of all thanks for your great post and your great work. I am new to this forum and this is my first post. Great work.

I am abit confused what to do first. I am new to the Android world having changed from the iphone. I have learned much here but need some coaching.
I have been given a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate SCH-i500 and I love it.

Please bear with me:
I have completed #3-16 of post #1 with Odin3 v1.3 using DI01package3.tar.md5 only to factory reset and it worked well. So I have a fresh phone. I do not know how to activate the phone to be used on service here since the phone has been given to me and used with another service provider

Now I am confused about #1 and 2 and the statement: ?Congrats you are done you now have Rooted Froyo with new clockwork installed if/when you need it.?, of post #1

I am trying to figure out what is Froyo and Clockworkmod and do I need it and which one is for my phone.

My Fascinate is not rooted yet but which do I need and yes I want to root it. Do I need to accomplish the above again but include Froyo and Clockworkmod? Not sure

I hope I am making myself clear. Please help. Thanks again for all your help.

bobkatgifts

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site

sorry I have been away from the forum for awhile. 6 months ago I did the Froyo update to my Verizon Fascinate. Has been working fine. My firmware version is 2.2.1 and the kernel is 2.6.32.9 The build is sch-1500.eb01 - Do I have the latest or do I need to upgrade again.? If so, please point me to the right form page with the download info and instructions - thanks in advance for your help.

zash

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

OF ALL THE READING I HAVE DONE BEFORE TRYING TO FLASH A NEW ROM ON MY FASCINATE, This is the very best walk thru guide I have come across.

I had already rooted my 2.1 EA28 Fascinate using SuperOneClick before seeing this page but I am reading up now to try to see if I can install a new ROM without verizon bloat.

From this page I did download the USB DRIVERS but they could not install correctly and install stopped.

I tried the "ROM Manager" from Android Market but it did nothing to install a new ROM on Fascinate 2.1.
So far I have saved to my computer:
EB01DB_DXC.tar.md5
EBO1SC_DXC.tar.md5
FROYO UPDATE ZIP
cwm-recovery-ALL.tar
cwm-recovery-ALL.zip
eb01modem.tar
******************************* what to do.....what to do...

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

of all the reading i have done before trying to flash a new rom on my fascinate, this is the very best walk thru guide i have come across.

I had already rooted my 2.1 ea28 fascinate using superoneclick before seeing this page but i am reading up now to try to see if i can install a new rom without verizon bloat.

From this page i did download the usb drivers but they could not install correctly and install stopped.

I tried the "rom manager" from android market but it did nothing to install a new rom on fascinate 2.1.
So far i have saved to my computer:
Eb01db_dxc.tar.md5
ebo1sc_dxc.tar.md5
froyo update zip
cwm-recovery-all.tar
cwm-recovery-all.zip
eb01modem.tar
******************************* what to do.....what to do...

rom manager does not work on the fascinate, forget it even exists!!!!!

zash

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

I have 2.1 EA28 currently on my freshly rooted phone.
AFTER A WEEK OR SO OF READING....I am believing that I have to flash 2.2 EB01 to the phone first before flashing a ROM like say "Black Hole".
is this correct?

zash

Sep 19, 2011
Visit site

okay...I HAVE A QUESTION
I did it!!!!!!!
another newbie did it without a hitch.!!!!!
I had rooted my Samsung fascinate (eclair 2.1-update1 EA28 ) a couple weeks ago.
after countless hours of reading discussion boards on flashing a new ROM
I decided to try to load a new ROM myself. I went down the list of the [how to guide] at the front page of this thread and installed ((EB16SC29_DXC.tar)) SuperClean2.9 EB01
on 9/26/2011 and I have no issues. I just have to restore a few apps I had on my old version.

MY QUESTION IS THIS;
I now see an app on my phone that is "3G Mobile Hotspot"
is this hot spot the "VERIZON" app or is this one of the freebies off the market.
I had "Barnicle hotsot" before the new ROM but dont want both apps on there if not needed.
So far I hesitate to use this new app cause fear of Verizon charging me a fee if it is their app.

I PLAN ON GOING BACK AND LOOKING OVER ALL THE BOARDS AND FINDING THE LINKS TO THE FILES I USED AND DONATING TO THOSE CONTRIBUTERS.

Nsx93

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Best how to thread ever. I used this and the other one which shows how to return to stock so u can update to froyo.
I did all these last night, all within 30-45mins. So easy a dummy could do it.
Anyway, im using the3rd link from page 1for super cleanm root, froyo, malware protection.. Etc..
I was wondering if anyone using the same rom have battery draining quick? Its seem to go down kinda quick. I started out with 93% at 9:30a and now its @ 76% 10:21am. All I have done so far, check emails, then browse 1 other site and this site. Been on the phone for 22mins. Seems to use up battery quick. Bright setting on Auto. No app running in the background. Only browser for this. Any comments?

Last edited:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

okay...I HAVE A QUESTION
I did it!!!!!!!
another newbie did it without a hitch.!!!!!
I had rooted my Samsung fascinate (eclair 2.1-update1 EA28 ) a couple weeks ago.
after countless hours of reading discussion boards on flashing a new ROM
I decided to try to load a new ROM myself. I went down the list of the [how to guide] at the front page of this thread and installed ((EB16SC29_DXC.tar)) SuperClean2.9 EB01
on 9/26/2011 and I have no issues. I just have to restore a few apps I had on my old version.

MY QUESTION IS THIS;
I now see an app on my phone that is "3G Mobile Hotspot"
is this hot spot the "VERIZON" app or is this one of the freebies off the market.
I had "Barnicle hotsot" before the new ROM but dont want both apps on there if not needed.
So far I hesitate to use this new app cause fear of Verizon charging me a fee if it is their app.

I PLAN ON GOING BACK AND LOOKING OVER ALL THE BOARDS AND FINDING THE LINKS TO THE FILES I USED AND DONATING TO THOSE CONTRIBUTERS.

Best how to thread ever. I used this and the other one which shows how to return to stock so u can update to froyo.
I did all these last night, all within 30-45mins. So easy a dummy could do it.
Anyway, im using the3rd link from page 1for super cleanm root, froyo, malware protection.. Etc..
I was wondering if anyone using the same rom have battery draining quick? Its seem to go down kinda quick. I started out with 93% at 9:30a and now its @ 76% 10:21am. All I have done so far, check emails, then browse 1 other site and this site. Been on the phone for 22mins. Seems to use up battery quick. Bright setting on Auto. No app running in the background. Only browser for this. Any comments?

SuperClean is old, outdated, and has not been updated since March or April. Community ROM (CommROM) has replaced SuperClean:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...-comm-rom-2-1-ukb-tsm-updated-06-20-11-a.html

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ve...ed-custom-roms-w-root-updated-06-12-11-a.html

Reactions: Nsx93

Nsx93

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Shark,
Whats is the different between the cr1.3 and cr2.0??
I will mostly likely use the one that wipe data. I dont need anything except contacts, which I know how to backup and export to sd card.

I want a clean start with the phone. After I get this done, I wil probably look into boot up and down animation. Last one I had was Android peeing on Apple. I like that.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Shark,
Whats is the different between the cr1.3 and cr2.0??
I will mostly likely use the one that wipe data. I dont need anything except contacts, which I know how to backup and export to sd card.

I want a clean start with the phone. After I get this done, I wil probably look into boot up and down animation. Last one I had was Android peeing on Apple. I like that.

Changelog between 1.3 and 2.0 is in post three of the first thread I linked.

Nsx93

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I need help with Swype. its not working. Not swyping. Blue border light up everytime you try to swype. I tried to delete swype from systems/app/swype.apk .unable to delete.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

I need help with Swype. its not working. Not swyping. Blue border light up everytime you try to swype. I tried to delete swype from systems/app/swype.apk .unable to delete.

Answered your PM

killahax

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site

*WARNING:* *NO DATA WIPE MAY CAUSE FC IF COMING FROM ECLAIR, FULL WIPE IS RECOMMENDED*
*Super Clean version 2.9.2 - EB01/EC10 Froyo leak root+Froyo Clockworkmod with MALWARE protection THIS VERSION DOES NOT WIPE DATA* (TESTED byStandupdad Please thank him)
RIGHT CLICK AND SELECT EXTRACT HERE THE .rar file AFTER DOWNLOADING AND BEFORE USING(How to extract in post #2) -->*EC10SC292x_DXC.tar

Okay when I did update I completed it. And when I put battery back in and booted up the screen booted with bunch of squares with different colors and it never stopped just was on repeat. Is it because I never put the update.zip on the sd card?

thesnowsnake

Jan 21, 2012
Visit site

It looks like all the files have been pulled.... hmm now we have to find them again dang that will take some time...........ok about that long....torrent hmmm

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards