[ODIN] Official Froyo ED01 packaged custom ROMs w/Root - Updated 06/12/11

smashnlc82

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
hey good evening everyone wondering if anyone can help I am trying to flash the ED01 froyo root im coming from 2.9.2 sc with voodoo the issue im having is winwar file says i have run out of my 40 day free trial so i have to purchase the software is there another way to get this done?
:cool:

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
For some reason that won't open either.
Go to Verizon Fascinate> Root,Hacks.... then go to page 5. Its the link that begins with [Odin]

Well this ED01 is the latest OS. EB01 was a leak and full of bugs. There are still some bugs with ED01, but I don't think as many as EB01. There are some other improvements too. This debloated/deodexed ROM is not as cleaned up as superclean, but it's still good. The Community ROM is more on par with superclean, but I am running into trouble getting ODIN packages together for the community ROM. So think of these packages as the next evolution.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Question: do I need to do the official ota update before doing the communty flash? Using school 2.9.2 voodoo

Like pikante said, if you want the ED01 radio, you should get the official ED01 OTA, then flash the community ROM. Or if you don't need the ED01 modem you can flash the EC01 modem in ODIN, then flash the community ROM. Like I said in my previous post, lots of choices right now.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
hey good evening everyone wondering if anyone can help I am trying to flash the ED01 froyo root im coming from 2.9.2 sc with voodoo the issue im having is winwar file says i have run out of my 40 day free trial so i have to purchase the software is there another way to get this done?
:cool:

Mine has been expired for a while. When the warning comes up I just click close on the warning pop up. Still works.

smashnlc82

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
yeah i have tried that but i cant find the file after it has extracted it to place it in the pda section of odin its wierd like i never downloaded it ???

smashnlc82

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
i down loaded the ED01 debloated from the link provided on the thread when the file is finished downloading i click the extract file and watch the two status bars turn green and move from left to right when there both done it tells me to purchase the winwar software and when i try and flash ed01 i select odin and all i can find is the sc2.9.2v file but thats what i would like to change its been too unstable in recent weeks please if im missing something it must be somthing small that i may be overlooking
hhhheeelllpppp!!!!

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
i down loaded the ED01 debloated from the link provided on the thread when the file is finished downloading i click the extract file and watch the two status bars turn green and move from left to right when there both done it tells me to purchase the winwar software and when i try and flash ed01 i select odin and all i can find is the sc2.9.2v file but thats what i would like to change its been too unstable in recent weeks please if im missing something it must be somthing small that i may be overlooking
hhhheeelllpppp!!!!

There are two files on the first page of this thread. I need to know which one of the two you downloaded so I can rule out a bad link or download.

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
ED01DB_DOx_SHARK.tar sorry it took me so long to respomd i didnt know you posted already

When you right click on the file are you choosing "extract here" or "extract file"? You need to choose extract here. I just downloaded the file, chose extract here, and was easily able to find the file in ODIN. You have three extract options when you right click on the tar.rar file. Make sure you choose extract here. If that doesn't work, try downloading the file again, you may have had a bad download.

smashnlc82

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
When you right click on the file are you choosing "extract here" or "extract file"? You need to choose extract here. I just downloaded the file, chose extract here, and was easily able to find the file in ODIN. You have three extract options when you right click on the tar.rar file. Make sure you choose extract here. If that doesn't work, try downloading the file again, you may have had a bad download.

when i am done downloading the file it opens up the winwar it gives me the option to add or extract to test view etc but i can not get it odin to find it i dont know what the hect im doing wrong but it is frustrating me i wish there was a way you could see what i see

Landshark

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
when i am done downloading the file it opens up the winwar it gives me the option to add or extract to test view etc but i can not get it odin to find it i dont know what the hect im doing wrong but it is frustrating me i wish there was a way you could see what i see

Which filesharing service are you using to download the file, multiupload, megaupload?

smashnlc82

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Which filesharing service are you using to download the file, multiupload, megaupload?

i figured out how to allow odin to reconize the file i clicked on the wizard icon on the winwar windown and found it under downloads and i am flashing it right now ill let you know how it turned out
:)

smashnlc82

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
i figured out how to allow odin to reconize the file i clicked on the wizard icon on the winwar windown and found it under downloads and i am flashing it right now ill let you know how it turned out
:)

ok i was able to flash the ED01 ut now i am unable to find the cwm recovery all 3-30 fixsame problems as before

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
This is for Landshark. I've been running this Odin package since the day you first posted it. I've not had any issues other than it not debinging my phone, but that's a problem for another day.

My problem now seems that for the last couple of days I keep missing calls. Not all calls, but a pretty significant amount never show up on my phone. I don't see any missed calls, only that a voicemail shows up. This phone is for work so missing calls is not something I can live with. Have you heard of this problem? Is there something I can do about it? Is this a Verizon problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

copinli

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
thanks landshark,
I did this one to replace the droidx eb01 odin debloated package. everything ran smoothly. I dont notice any difference but I guess I didnt expect to see much difference. Checked the GPS and it is a slow as ever. I will keep an eye on battery usage and see if that changes. Any way thanks again

camika

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I tried to flash this update and odin just hangs at factoryfs.rfs. I've tried several times and it always hangs at the same point and eventually fails. Now my phone won't boot at all. I get the black screen with the phone ! computer icon. I tried to flash another ROM but it just hangs at the same point in odin. Is my phone bricked now? Please help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowoverhoe