Official 2.0.1 findings thread

deftdrummer

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
My experience has been most similar to d1pham thus far. I haven't had a chance to check things like three-way calling, but that didn't work for me previously. I've noticed that earpiece audio is also much clearer. Even still, that are many glaring omissions that I feel should be addressed, such as continued wifi instability and inability to connect. Not only that but my phone still has issues with the proximity sensor not turning on the screen when taken away from your ear. Android market seems a tad slower. I also seem to notice stronger haptic feedback upon unlock and that the phone's volume buttons will now unlock the phone while using bluetooth. Not sure if this is a good thing, I seem to recall it adjusting the volume with the screen off before. I am unfortunately still having issues with some contacts in my address book not showing up when I go to type the name manually in a new SMS message. This is damn annoying. I'd say this update is a mixed bag overall but there are some decent improvements. I guess they can't realistically do everything at once.

CavemanOOGA

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Well having put the Droid through my daily test after the update, I must say, the battery life is VASTLY improved.

I just hit the 14 hour mark not to long ago and I just finally made it to the yellow bar. And that was with some heavy use people. I'm very impressed and very happy, ill definitly feel much safer having apps like Facebook and RSS readers running in the background now. :D

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I got the OTA this morning. I do notice that screen transitions are faster. The browser is definitely faster. I am not crazy about the new unlock screen. I think it is cheesy. Maybe I just have to get used to it. I do notice a stronger haptic buzz when unlocking, and when pressing the home key, menu key and the search key, but not the back key. Weird. I have high hopes for the better battery life.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Broswer speeds are making this update be dissapointing for me. Broswer is laggy and the scrolling speeds are literally the speed of a snail. Broswer is one of the main features I use on the phone and if Im having very slow broswing/scrolling speeds then it sort of kills it for me. I hope they release some form of fix for it.

Last edited:

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
In regards to battery life, I have noticed a big improvement. The screen seems to be taking tons less power! It used to be 60% screen and like 20% in call usage. Now I'm seeing 40% in call and 30% screen or less... Either way, its better!
OP: I'm sorry for being harsh, you need to understand that this is running more like an actual PC now apposed to BB. You don't turn your computer off by pulling the power cord do you? If you did, what would happen? It would mess things up. If you need to pull the battery in your Droid, power down and then do the pull. UNLESS------ it is frozen and will not power down. I had to scold a Verizon tech support guy for it the other day. His boss confirmed, DO NOT PULL BATTERIES ON DROID.

tStorm

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Broswer speeds are making this update be dissapointing for me. Broswer is laggy and the scrolling speeds are literally the speed of a snail. Broswer is one of the main features I use on the phone and if Im having very slow broswing/scrolling speeds then it sort of kills it for me. I hope they release some form of fix for it.

No problems here... must be something else...... with your brow ser.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I've noticed that the LEDs on the buttons are now tied to the light sensor and are no longer on if you're in light. When it's dark they're on as they used to be, but if it's bright enough they don't turn on at all.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
The option is basically there to allow you to do a hard reset of your device should the need arise. Think of it almost as if tapping F8 or F12 during your PC bootup sequence.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
A hard reset will restore your device to factory settings, basically, a brand new phone. However, thanks to Google Sync and Android Market, you can restore all of your contacts and apps without too much of a hassle.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid