Official 2.0.1 findings thread

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I havent seen one yet, so forgive me if I missed it. This is what I have found so far.

Things I have noticed after 24 hours (manual update):

Voice calls via bluetooth to my Pioneer AVIC-D3 still dont work well. It worked at first then after a few hours it connects, but no sound comes through and the phone then does a hard reset. Battery pulls have not fixed the problem.

EDIT: I think this is a Pioneer issue, not a Droid issue.

Wi-Fi seems to be hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

Edit: Seems to be working now, not sure what the issue was.

Going from screen to screen was nice and fast right after the update, now its back to how it was before, a little "jittery" at times.

Opening up my sms app seems to lag. I touch the app icon and it takes a second or two to open.

Edit: Deleted some of my messages and that fixed this issue.

Voice call quality seems to have improved, but its not what it should be.

The drag down bar at the top is fast, much better than before.

Overall I cant tell THAT much of a difference with this update, but its a step in the right direction.

Last edited:

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
I have an idea... Stop thinking its a blueberry and leave the battery in the phone!
You can do power cycles, just stop it with the battery pulls. Your going to turn your phone into a paperweight.

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I have an idea... Stop thinking its a blueberry and leave the battery in the phone!
You can do power cycles, just stop it with the battery pulls. Your going to turn your phone into a paperweight.

I think i've pulled the battery 3 times total. I have an idea, how you acually contribute to the thread, maybe you need to learn how to read?

nickf126

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I would be interested to see if the things you report here are the same for one of the 10,000 who got it the official "push" way.

04redgto

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
I have a AVIC f90, and bluetooth works perfect, and has since day 1! Pioneer needs to update the blutooth stack on the D3, Thats not the phones fault! How many thousands of SMS do u have sitting there, that may slow the app!

ridavid81

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
none of those issues above, seems great since update, overall not a lot different though. i like the new look of the power and music widgets..

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I did the manual update and the phone seems faster all around (changing screens, opening app's, notification bar) and less force closings. Everything else beside a few changes to widgets seems the same. I never had any problems before the update with BT or call quality or anything else so I'm still very happy with the Droid.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Other than a slight speed increase no real negative things to me just a small update pictures are much better to me though the flick scrolling in the browser is slower slightly more choppy

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
As I pointed out before, I never had any major issues prior to the update so not a HUGE change for me. Like everyone is saying, I am noticing flick scrolling, menu's and notification tray seem to be a lot smoother with this update, and I love the new Widgets. Other than that, still a VERY satisfied Droid owner :D

Adiliyo

Oct 17, 2009
Visit site
mine seems snappier too.

i don't see how physically pulling the battery would break the phone, but it is unnecessary as turning the phone off and on does the same thing :)

largeselection

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
The notification pane is much smoother (and I think more reliable) which is a huge plus for me because that was starting to get to me. Transitions seem to be quicker for me as well and opening apps seems to be snappier than it was before. I can also deal with gmails more quickly and reliably. I can green check multiple emails/mark as read/deselect all checked/and change accounts much faster after this update than I could before.

However, in the release details it said improved battery. I definitely did not notice an improved battery life...

Minor changes, but still a step in the right direction!

leathernuts#WP

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
After I loaded 5.0 OS and did a battery pull, the click was still there,,,,,,oops wrong device lol. Dont get offended OP, but the battery pull was funny, and when I first got my Droid, it was natural for most of us BB users to want to do.

I have not noticed a darn bit a difference to be honest, but like one poster said, its headed in the right direction.

I would like for there to be a way to select all emails without having to check every single one, or maybe there is and I just haven't found it?

R

Roy Aguilera

Everything is faster for me. Haven't noticed any issues or slow down what so ever. It was a minor update. Just enough to hold us through till 2.1.

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Both my droids wont pull in the temp when on the multimedia cradle....anyone else have this issue?

Mine doesn't either, but it didn't do this before the update either so I don't think the update is the problem.

Also, something I noticed after the update is that the LEDs on the back, menu, home, and search buttons no longer stay lit up in the dock like they did before the update which is a very welcome change for me.

Last edited:

d1pham

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
-More responsive UI
-Increased sound/voice quality
-Increased keyboard accuracy
-Increased battery life (15 hours and I'm @ 60%).
-Smoother scroll function, except for browser.
-New power widget
-Increased Wifi stability
-Quicker page load on browser

I'm really feeling the 2.0.1 update. I can only image what version 2.1, 2.2, 2.3....will bring.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arlecchino