Official 2.0.1 findings thread

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Yeah... I wish I knew Linux better... Im going to the library and getting a Linux for dummies book... lol

If you want to be able to modify your device yourself, you should learn the android os... but all that said, if you don't have technical experience, I'd leave the mods to the pros and just use what they provide. Pressing X while powering on is simply a way to intercept the boot process and as others have pointed out is only used generally for manual applications of things that are normally automatic. If you're phone wasn't booting for some reason, this would be when you'd do this and format the device in hopes it's just an issue with the code and not the hardware. There's not much you can do with your phone with just knowledge of linux.

Mr.Miagi

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
I like the new unlock screen, I was never a fan of the wheel. The applications tab is different isnt it? I use panda but I went back to the stock home just to see the changes better and the app tab was different, not sure if it was always that way.

The screen transitions into an app are smooth and the left to right screen scrolling is a bit improved, as fluent as panda now. I do like the transitions better in the stock home then panda.

Only had the update an hour but it has made panda a it smoother as well. Cant comment on call quality or batter improvement yet, or camera.

Chris Kerrigan

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I like the new unlock screen, I was never a fan of the wheel. The applications tab is different isnt it? I use panda but I went back to the stock home just to see the changes better and the app tab was different, not sure if it was always that way.

The screen transitions into an app are smooth and the left to right screen scrolling is a bit improved, as fluent as panda now. I do like the transitions better in the stock home then panda.

Only had the update an hour but it has made panda a it smoother as well. Cant comment on call quality or batter improvement yet, or camera.

Are you talking about the app drawer on the bottom? If so, it hasn't changed in looks from the one in 2.0

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site

miagi - im with you on the stock transitions. For example, on stock home click the phone icon. The application expands into the space. Exit the phone and it shrinks into nothingness. Super fast, super smooth and super HOT. I currently use dxtop because I really love the dock bar and more imporantly the fact that it will orient to landscape mode without physical keyboard (MAJOR flaw in my opinion on stock home, should be at least an option). BUT, I'm craving the stock transitions, dxtop slides the app in from the right, and on exit, slides it out from the left. While ok, it's nowhere near as fast nor as cool imo.

So I'm hoping that 1) in some future update we get a dock bar and option to use home in landscape mode or 2) dxtop adds an option to use stock transitions for loading/exiting apps. I emailed the dev about it but not sure that will ever see the light of day

DreamSTi

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
Well today my phone seems to be running better. Im not sure what was going on the past few days. But in all honesty, I cant tell much of a performance difference after this update.

I think my BT issue is with Pioneer, not the phone.

tStorm

Nov 30, 2009
Visit site
Right after the update, I noticed a certain quickness in transitions... other than that, I agree with DreamSTi and haven't noticed any other difference.

I did however experience my first ever restarts (phone froze, crashed, restarted) and it was after receiving a "High-surf Advisory Warning" from my Weather Channel app... deleted that POS.

thedookie

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
I havent heard any echos while talking, but I can still hear the crackling when the other person is talking. Anyone else still hearing crackling? Old phone was the LG voyager, perfect sound quality.

thedookie

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
PPl have been telling me that I sound muffled when I'm on the phone, only when I hold the phone with my shoulder(when your busy with your hands) Anyone else have this problem.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
PPl have been telling me that I sound muffled when I'm on the phone, only when I hold the phone with my shoulder(when your busy with your hands) Anyone else have this problem.

dont hold the phone so close to your mouth? Or it's just the angle that you are holding it at, microphone in a strange spot, too close is my guess.

slikone27

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Mine doesn't either, but it didn't do this before the update either so I don't think the update is the problem.

Also, something I noticed after the update is that the LEDs on the back, menu, home, and search buttons no longer stay lit up in the dock like they did before the update which is a very welcome change for me.

Mine used to show the temp before the update and now doesn't either. I didn't even notice that the button lights go off now. I will check tonight but that is def a good thing!

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
No problems here... must be something else...... with your brow ser.

G, thanks for the spelling correction though you do know what im talking about... ****head

As for me BROW SER. It runs terribly now... scrolling and loading up webpages.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
dagostin, i owe u a thx....was reading a post by u. didnt know dxtop rotated to landscape view. see, i learn somethinnew evryday here. lol

no problem bro. I've read a lot about home screen rotating... Supposedly they actively made it not rotate for matters of "usability". Afterall, the iphone doesnt do it (and is supposedly king of usability)... Someone at google, I forget who, made a statement that it's more confusing to users and they would accidentally click the wrong icons/images etc. I do agree there is a case to be made there... However, for me, usability suffers when you're in an app already in landscape, say texting someone, and when u go back to home scree you now have to annoyingly rotate the phone back. I think that is crappy :( I was following a post on verizon's forums and many people agreed and actually thought it was a bug. I'm hoping they will add it in as an option in some future update. That and something like dxtop's dock bar... I know its not utterly necessary, but I'm just used to having a dock bar always available from any of the home screens. And it's a nice way to put more stuff on a screen without adding clutter.

For me, these features and the pinch and zoom built in the stock browser would pretty much leave me perfectly content :) For the time being, I use dxtop and sometimes dolphin browser for its multi-touch... But the verdict is still out whether I actually like dolphin better.

Anyways, sorry for off topic essay here, but one day hope to see these things in a future update. It woudl suck if they are purposely leaving stuff out like this only to make it available if you buy the next generation phones. We'll see.

Flyguide83

Nov 16, 2009
www.northwestfrontier.com
This thread has become totally cluttered... Any way a MOD could make an official post that can be updated with new findings, or delete all the nonsense? please? Not for me.. but for the people that want to see what pertains to the title.

PortareAF

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING?!? Holding the phone on your shoulder! This is a Robot, it's likely to bite your ear off. If I were you I'd use the hand only, better safe than sorry, right?:eek:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newuser93939