Official Droid X Froyo update thread

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Well at 10:30am the screen looked the same ( after about 5 hrs) so i pulled the battery. I left it out for 45 seconds and put it back in and Im back to normal now. How do i tell if the update was successful? Does anything supposed to look different?
Would you assume that since I had the " M " screen still on my phone, that it didnt finish doing what it needed to?

Please bare with me but can you answer a couple of things that im unsure about.
1: What does " rooted" mean? Ive never had any type of smart phone so this is foreign language to me.

2: What is the pros of updating this system? one of my friends said something about he cant delete recent contacts. I dont know if he means recent phone calls or deleting people off of his contact list or what. I have no idea what he means by that. Im still trying to take all of this technology in.

go to your apps : Settings> About Phone> System Version (Version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US) *and* Android version (2.2)

1. Rooted = iPhone Jailbreaking. it allows you to do thing to unlock your phone, but it also allows the inexperienced user to brick his phone (make it unusable)

2. Flash Player (better web browsing experience), 270* rotation, louder ringer

bospider01

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i lost the "slide to unlock" option from my "locations & security". I liked the ability to have slide to unlock, now all i have is none, pattern, pin, and password. Has anyone found a fix to this? ive done a batt pull twice with no change. the only time I see that i can do the slide to unlock is when i set up the pattern option but i dont need to forms of protection. simplicity is sometimes better. also, i am not rooted.

heathro1281

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
i lost the "slide to unlock" option from my "locations & security". I liked the ability to have slide to unlock, now all i have is none, pattern, pin, and password. Has anyone found a fix to this? ive done a batt pull twice with no change. the only time I see that i can do the slide to unlock is when i set up the pattern option but i dont need to forms of protection. simplicity is sometimes better. also, i am not rooted.

Its not a bug, that is the way it is. Try 'nolock' from the market.

g8rzz187

Sep 8, 2010
Visit site
too funny

Give it some time, but don't wait for days. If it stays stuck, do a battery pull and restart the phone.

So welcome to the world of "I don't Sleep because I own a smartphone", you're going to love it. :D

well put - running on 4 hrs sleep, thanks to my Droid X OCD...glad to know I'm not the only one

Last edited:

Timer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Is it possible to download the official update online anywhere? I am not getting a Verizon signal and won't be able to try the ota update again until the weekend

Bond32

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
Dang you must be in the boonies to not get a Verizon signal... Check the rom/hacks section I believe they posted the 2.2 sbf file.

Timer

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
When not on the Verizon network the update button is grayed out. I'm probably missing something but is it possible to download it over wifi without using the system updates feature?

uthnkunome27

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
go to your apps : Settings> About Phone> System Version (Version.2.3.15.MB810.Verizon.en.US) *and* Android version (2.2)

1. Rooted = iPhone Jailbreaking. it allows you to do thing to unlock your phone, but it also allows the inexperienced user to brick his phone (make it unusable)

2. Flash Player (better web browsing experience), 270* rotation, louder ringer

Ok. I went into the apps and did that. It does say exactly what you wrote that it would. So i guess i am good to go on that end.

With the rooted thing. How do I do it. Is it an app or what.

Flash player, Do i have to go in there and update the flash player or does it automatically do it for me?
With the 270* rotation. I could already turn my phone sideways when viewing something. Is this a part of the rotation that you speak of?

kylebw7

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
says no update available for me and I never rooted or changed anything on my X just so I could get this update worry free. Going to Verizon in a minute

Bad Apple

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Please help. Last night around 9pm my phone finally gave me the Froyo update. It took about 2 hours before it started actually downloading. After only 2% of the download, I had a call come thru that I needed to answer. After the phone call it never restarted the download. It's been 14 hours now and still hasn't restarted the download but when I go back in to do the update it tells me "An update is currently being downloaded. You will be notified when the download is complete." Can I reset the update? It's killing me, I WANT FROYO!. What can I do? Thanks in advance.......

BTW. Phone has never been rooted.

Last edited:

bor999

Sep 22, 2010
Visit site
My phone won't see the Froyo update. When I select Check for Updates, it says check for update was not available at this time. I even put it on WiFi but no luck. In fact, it's always said that whenever I tried it in the past.

Rob

Settings - data delivery - social applications - uncheck "sync over wifi only" and then restart your phone.

wildjim

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
I got the Droid X Froyo update yesterday morning about 5 am est.

It updated in about 10 minutes over wifi

My Droid X is nearly stock with maybe 15 additional apps.

It seems a bit more responsive and maybe the volume is increased some.

Quadrant reports 1422; tip top on the list : )

No problems to report to date.

maboswel

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Screen scroll problems

After i got 2.2 the gallery scrolling is a lot more sluggish when im scrolling through all my photos at once. Anyone else experiencing scrolling problems in the gallery?

I accomplished the download without any problem over VZW's network. All the apps seem to run well and I had to do a manual download of flash 10.1 and gmail. The biggest problem I have identified so far is herky jerky scrolling in general. I haven't had time to try the wifi or anything else, and it does seem faster. But it also seems less refined due to the jerky screen and I'm fearful of bugs that may be lurking. In hindsight, I would have stayed with the base build and waited for the kinks to be worked out.

maboswel

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
Shaky scrolling

I got the update last night just before midnight, all went well. I'm not going to list everything I have noticed because it has all been said here numerous times. :) Everything is faster, easier, and I've had no problems at all. Screen resolution and scrolling seem better too.

News and Facebook widget are updating more frequently and not requiring a download of something else or reboot to update.

What I am going to say is the camera has improved 100%, pictures I took before were somewhat blurry and the colors were a bit washed out. Bear in mind that I am used to taking pictures with a DSLR so I have pretty high standards.
I have taken a couple since the update and I am very very pleased, they are nice and sharp, clear, vivid pictures and now they are geo tagged complete with co-ordinates listed.

I was not rooted or flashed and not running ATK or LP, after reading warnings I decided to wait until after the update to do too much tinkering.

Still not sure I will root as I'm just not sure I have any real need to, the bloatware isn't bothering me as it sits nice and quietly in the app drawer which I rarely open since I am using Folder Organizer and keep the apps I use in folders created with it.

All in all I am quite pleased. :)

Claudia

I had a stock X and did the OA pull update. Haven't tried all the apps. Had to download gmail and flash. The biggest issue I have seen is jerky scrolling. Very rough! Not sure if I would do the update in hindsight.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burks