Okay I may have found the battery drain problem

Disgustoid

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Add me to the chorus of voices who's seeing much better battery life with the latest Facebook update removed.

Hopefully they iron out the issues soon, as the update was a step in the right direction.

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
The new Facebook does indeed have a serious memory leak and won't let the phone sleep either. Not just on our Evo's and Froyo, but everyone I have seen around other forums seem to have this issue. It's been proven over at XDA, showing the screenshot of battery usage and Facebook is over 80% usage. Hopefully soon enough Facebook will fix this.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
The new Facebook does indeed have a serious memory leak and won't let the phone sleep either. Not just on our Evo's and Froyo, but everyone I have seen around other forums seem to have this issue. It's been proven over at XDA, showing the screenshot of battery usage and Facebook is over 80% usage. Hopefully soon enough Facebook will fix this.

Yeah it helped me... My phone was at 50% last night left off the charger and dead by this morning... My phone was easily making it through the night before the facebook update... Unistalled fb and now its alot better...

drjb74

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
On the XDA forum, a Facebook developer posted that they were now aware of the problem, and are working on an update to fix the problem. His post said as soon as it is ready, they will push it out. His post is at the end of the XDA forum topic that the OP has put up.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE:

After uninstalling Facebook, I am over 8 hours since unplugged and still at 82%. This is now better battery performance than I was getting with 2.1. SWEET!

RC46

Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
I did not update to 2.2 until yesterday because I was waiting for the rooted version. I updated my facebook app serveral days ago and did not have any issues with waking or battery drain until yesterday when I flashed 2.2. Therefore I think the problem is with how HTC's 2.2 ROM interacts with the new Facebook app and not just the Facebooks App.

I had not issues with battery draining using the new Facebook app until I updated to 2.2. Now that I removed the Facebook app update the draining issue has gone away.

Scatabrain

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm on bb .4 and the new Facebook isn't even on the top 10 in battery usage. I open it often and it often apears in running tasks list. On Droid 1. Pete should consult with moto and Vzw.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
The actual Facebook... Rem it's still there, it comes back and runs heavily in the background. This is confirmed on Facebook forums for the app, and XDA. I suggest reverting back to rid of any possible battery issues. It has a terrible memory leak
Yeah it came back, thank you for the heads up. It's too bad it was a nice update and l hope they fix it soon.

Boz

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I checked my contacts (people > view) and Facebook for HTC sense has the correct number 234 friends and the regular Facebook has 2085 contacts. Some, but not all, contacts have 8 to 10 duplicate entries.

ResDog

May 22, 2010
Visit site
THANK YOU for posting this link! I fiddled with uninstalling the update last night and today my battery is still holding strong with 60% charge 9 hours in. It would have died already with the updated FB app installed.

It was hard to determine where the problem was, because checking the battery usage breakdown never showed FB as being a resource pig. It's very clear that it was my issue after uninstalling the update.