Other that unlimited data, why stay with Sprint?

xxDeklinxx

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
The $10 charge was originally for 4g and they changed it to a smartphone charge because 4g is barely available.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Then $10 charge was put into effect for higher data usage on certain smartphones. At the time it was introduced it was placed around the EVO 4G and the Epic 4g since those were considered the two big data users with the new 4G WiMax Sprint was pushing. Many people got the impression it was for a charge for 4g/Wimax but it never was. There were other NON 4g/WIMAX phones from Sprint that were given this extra charge for being known as high data usage devices like the iPhone.

I put the blame on the carrier stores, etc and the reps for the way they present their facts. In many cases the reps start sending false or mis interpreted information to the customers on a daily basis. Like when the EVO 4G LTE was getting ready for release. My local Sprint carrier store had their reps describing "LTE-4G" as the better internet or its what you want. Customers stood there confused like okay so better internet, still asking themselves what does LTE mean really? I was in my plenty of times hearing this same LTE description told to the customers and I could only shake my head..

Bottom line on the $10 surcharge, if Sprint didn't charge that then our unlimited data would go away.

gijoe12345w

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
You know I tried att after I was able to get out of my contract because sprint changed the terms and conditions. Well I ended up coming right back. Some times you don't know how good you have it till its gone. Sprint sent me 2 free cases to make up for my evolte's coming late and I just got 2 free battery upgrades for my Nexus's . They didn't have to do this, but they did. The point is honestly I see sprint as a company that tries to please their customers. Verizon is like apple they know they are big and can do whatever they want. They don't care what you want its all about how they can squeeze more money out of you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
You know I tried att after I was able to get out of my contract because sprint changed the terms and conditions. Well I ended up coming right back. Some times you don't know how good you have it till its gone. Sprint sent me 2 free cases to make up for my evolte's coming late and I just got 2 free battery upgrades for my Nexus's . They didn't have to do this, but they did. The point is honestly I see sprint as a company that tries to please their customers. Verizon is like apple they know they are big and can do whatever they want. They don't care what you want its all about how they can squeeze more money out of you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Must be the area. But I left Sprint for ATT and I have not looked back! I love AT&T and their CS is amazing so far. Plus I get 3Gigs of data for only $10 more. So for me unlimited meant nothing. Half the time it was bad. Even while in Boston where I had full 3G coverage...It was useless most of the time. Now where with AT&T I get 3gigs of data and yes I pay another $10 more than I did with Sprint but it works ALL the time not matter where I am at. (HSPA+ in my home town and 4G LTE while in Boston.) I average about 6meg down in Burlington Vermont. IMO its been better.

However I am glad Sprint is working out for you. If its cheaper and fast enough I say go with it!

Mellimel22

Banned
Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Well in my area art SUCKS and Verizon is only a lil better these are just my WIMAX speeds lol
e9egaqud.jpg

Sent from my White Epic 4g Touch rockin Jellybean

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
Works good in chicago!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348862721098.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348862721098.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 89

Fubie

May 12, 2010
Visit site
LMFAO. Do me a favor and help me out. The 2, count 'em, 2 towers that serve the majority of the south east side of Springfield, MO are on wooden utility poles with only a few antenna. Thiis is where the major shopping areas are in town. https://network.sprint.com/search/springfield,+MO+65804/

Here is a good breakdown of the population density in Springfield is Population Density in Springfield, MO by Zip Code

Here is the location of the two lame towers, Google Maps and Google Maps

Can anyone help me with why the towers have so few antenna, so low to the ground and placement for an area where so many people travel and frequent?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
LMFAO. Do me a favor and help me out. The 2, count 'em, 2 towers that serve the majority of the south east side of Springfield, MO are on wooden utility poles with only a few antenna. Thiis is where the major shopping areas are in town. https://network.sprint.com/search/springfield,+MO+65804/

Here is a good breakdown of the population density in Springfield is Population Density in Springfield, MO by Zip Code

Here is the location of the two lame towers, Google Maps and Google Maps

Can anyone help me with why the towers have so few antenna, so low to the ground and placement for an area where so many people travel and frequent?

That area is actually pretty dense as far as tower placement goes. There are four in a four square mile area with a mile or less between the adjacent ones. The antenna are at the top of the poles and look to be at least 50-60 ft high which is fine considering how close the towers are together.

A tower doesn't need to be 200 ft tall with a dozen antenna to be effective. As you said this is a public area with a lot of people which means more people are likely to be on their cell phones than if it was a residential area. A bunch of small towers in this case is better than one giant one covering the area that would easily get overloaded.

dspayde

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Along these lines...with my family plan, my son and I use a monthly average of 450,000 according to our bill. What is that measured in? In Bytes?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Along these lines...with my family plan, my son and I use a monthly average of 450,000 according to our bill. What is that measured in? In Bytes?

It's measured in KB, so it's approximately 450 megabytes, or 0.4 gigabytes. That's about average for "typical" users.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos