Pixel 3 XL vs Oneplus 6T

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
To me both phones are really good phones. The one thing wrong with the Pixel that I see is the price. Sure, Google is trying to compete directly with Apple in a way, and many manufacturer's prices have gone up each year and may continue to do so. The OnePlus is the 'budget phone', sadly, even as it approaches $600. (that was flagship pricing years ago). Maybe that OnePlus will have a higher presence in the US, that may drive major manufacturers to lower their flagship prices? Maybe.

emkii

Oct 15, 2018
Visit site
Honestly I haven't been a too huge fan of Oxygen OS ever since the last year. I feel like they made some bad choices that aren't huge deals or anything, but enough that I switched to Lineage. And on Lineage some things dont seem to run quite as smoothly. I much prefer the P3 simply because its a proper stock android phone.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
I'll say this, the number of people who actually own or have ever bought a Pixel are incredibly low and I mean tiny in relative terms. Yet one would be hard pressed to tell that by the amount of controversy and comments about them, both good and bad.

I got that exact comment from a T-Mobile rep last weekend when I was in a store checking out the Note 9 and showed him my Pixel 2. He hadn't seen anybody with one. He said they hear about them but never see them or get feedback on them.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
If the 6 or 6T we're a smaller form factor, say something similar or exactly the size of the Pixel 3, then I'd be all over it. As it is it's just too big imo.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
If the 6 or 6T we're a smaller form factor, say something similar or exactly the size of the Pixel 3, then I'd be all over it. As it is it's just too big imo.

You know, I thought about that as well. They may not be far enough along to want to develop a smaller phone, but I know a smaller phone is important to me as a consumer for sure.

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
You know, I thought about that as well. They may not be far enough along to want to develop a smaller phone, but I know a smaller phone is important to me as a consumer for sure.

Yeah I tried the Note line, way too big, went to an S6, LOVED it. Nearly perfect. Then went to an S8, it's not too big per se, but it's too tall imo. Weird aspect ratio. Played with the Pixel 3 and it feels better in my hand than any phone I've used since my old iPhone 4S. So size wise, the Pixel 3 hits it out of the park for me.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I was one of those on the fencers between the Pixel 3XL and the 1+6T. After a full week and some change with my 3XL, I'm good. Screen is really vibrant and nice, notch DOES NOT bother me, camera is simply stellar, build and feel in the hand is great, etc, etc, etc. While i'm sure the 1+6T is a really good phone and for the price can't be beat, i'm sticking with Google and the 3XL. For those who opt to get the 1+6T, ENJOY!!

2010 ZR1

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I'm going back and forth without these phones as well. I want the Pixel 3XL for the camera and other features, but really like the price of the 6t.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
To me both phones are really good phones. The one thing wrong with the Pixel that I see is the price. Sure, Google is trying to compete directly with Apple in a way, and many manufacturer's prices have gone up each year and may continue to do so. The OnePlus is the 'budget phone', sadly, even as it approaches $600. (that was flagship pricing years ago). Maybe that OnePlus will have a higher presence in the US, that may drive major manufacturers to lower their flagship prices? Maybe.

That's exactly what I'm thinking, the average consumer is going to see the 6T and it's premium looks and specs, and then price, and be all over it. Average consumers are worried more about price than us phone forum tech nerds, who don't mind paying more for something we want.

The reviews rolling in are saying nothing but good things about the 6T. Apple, Samsung, and now Google have decided this is the year to stick it to the consumer, and the consumers ain't liking it one bit. I think OnePlus is going to change the game in favor of us consumers ;-)

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
That's exactly what I'm thinking, the average consumer is going to see the 6T and it's premium looks and specs, and then price, and be all over it. Average consumers are worried more about price than us phone forum tech nerds, who don't mind paying more for something we want.

The reviews rolling in are saying nothing but good things about the 6T. Apple, Samsung, and now Google have decided this is the year to stick it to the consumer, and the consumers ain't liking it one bit. I think OnePlus is going to change the game in favor of us consumers ;-)

I agree, hopefully it be to customers advantage get them price down

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site

While I agree that they offer a good value I don't think the mainstream consumer is aware that the brand even exists. It would take someone steering the brand at retail to begin to make it more recognizable. I just asked 20 people I work with if they ever heard of One Plus and the answer to was no.

Last edited:

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I think these current phones are all so good! So different then 4-5 years ago when there was more separation between them. They're all so close in capabilities as far as the average comsumer is concerned. Of course we get more granular in the community.

IMO, UX is going make up more of the decision making process than it has been in the past. All these devices do amazing things, so I think the question is changing into how do you want those things done.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I think these current phones are all so good! So different then 4-5 years ago when there was more separation between them. They're all so close in capabilities as far as the average comsumer is concerned. Of course we get more granular in the community.

IMO, UX is going make up more of the decision making process than it has been in the past. All these devices do amazing things, so I think the question is changing into how do you want those things done.

Good point

Kalvin Kerns

Trusted Member
Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

That really does make a lot of sense.

Arsenio Martins

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
Just checked out the 6T in store and it’s pretty nice.

I’m currently waiting on a Pixel 3 XL. I got my wife a 3 XL and she is the type that hates switching phones and learning new things and she loves it. But, the speed and OS feel great on the 6T.

I’ll compare the 2 once I get my XL but man I do question if I want to save about $300.

I want the XL for the camera, phone screening, night mode, wireless charging and squeeze function.

I want the 6T for the $300 saved, dash charging, smooth OS. I’ve also seen reports of the Pixel 3 camera APK giving comparable results to the Pixel in terms of quality....not 100% but close.

Side note...I miss the ability to use Samsung Pay everywhere.

Man I wish I had a Frankenstein of all 3 phones.

robinhelenehebert

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I’m currently waiting on a Pixel 3 XL. I got my wife a 3 XL and she is the type that hates switching phones and learning new things and she loves it. But, the speed and OS feel great on the 6T.

I’ll compare the 2 once I get my XL but man I do question if I want to save about $300.

I want the XL for the camera, phone screening, night mode, wireless charging and squeeze function.

I want the 6T for the $300 saved, dash charging, smooth OS. I’ve also seen reports of the Pixel 3 camera APK giving comparable results to the Pixel in terms of quality....not 100% but close.

I so agree

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
If having the full 'Google' Android experience is a big deal stick with the 3XL. If you don't really care and the 6T (other than savings) has more features you appreciate maybe consider it. What's nice is you won't be disappointed with either.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds