PLEASE HELP going from HTC ONE to PRIV

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
UPDATE: i think content transfer is working now over wifi...will update after update. so much excitement really want to love this phone.

hi! forgive me for posting this twice, i failed to get a response at crackberry to this question:

how do i transfer data from my previous device (HTC ONE) to the new one (BB PRIV)?

i researched this topic last week and believed that i had at least two options: an app called HELIUM (non rooted HTC) or the built in CONTENT TRANSFER app on the PRIV. third, and i must have misunderstood this: when i logged into google the first time i thought it would give me an option to download all of my data...

none of these options have worked thus far.

i am trying HELIUM again at this moment with my HTC hooked up to my macbook. but it says "performing backup" and has said that for quite a while. i suspect it isn't working.

i can try and get to a tmobile store today and see if they can help. but i am hoping the wonderful and knowledgeable community here can help.

PS i believe i am only able to have one device connected to the internet at a time, as tmobile deactivated my HTC SIM card when i received my PRIV last night....

THANK YOU!!

Last edited:

christenmartin

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
They should be able to do it at t-mobile. I came from a windows phone and they transfered all contacts and texting info over. If you have been on android your Google account should take care of the rest. I did download my contacts to my surface as well as music and pics. Then it's a process of click and drag. Plug one in and copy, plug the other one in and drag.

Posted via the Android Central App

D

Deleted member 2678566

I love hearing stories of other Android users come to the PRIV!

PlisskenPower

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
It's so easy to transfer stuff between devices. Most of it can be done using simple NFC. It is totally a waste of time to buy a device, then return it due to some simple data transfer learning curve. How is another Android device going to make it any different? It isn't the fact it's a BlackBerry PRIV that causes a problem with transferring data between two Android devices.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
It's so easy to transfer stuff between devices. Most of it can be done using simple NFC. It is totally a waste of time to buy a device, then return it due to some simple data transfer learning curve. How is another Android device going to make it any different? It isn't the fact it's a BlackBerry PRIV that causes a problem with transferring data between two Android devices.

oh no i returned the priv for numerous reasons (battery life/warmth, syncing issues with google calendar and gmail, camera, etc).

and i did try transferring data using NFC and it failed. blackberry content transfer got most of my data from HTC to BB.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. It shouldnt have been too difficult to transfer from Android to Android

me too. i wanted to keep it. but my 20 day trial was about to end. and transfer wasn't the only reason i returned the PRIV...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TG20