Please help me to root my htc evo

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
what files could i push at this point even if its the hard and manul way cuz i have at least 1 hour before i go and i have to get a damn black evo cuz radioshack can keep a white one for nothing they are hard to come by and i could swap out the phone and get a damn black with the first old update cuz i had to get 1 update before the new one that f@#ked up the phone in the first place and i dont really want to waist time to get another one you know but if you could post the files and give me the commands thanks

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
ok, i'm just looking for the right recovery file for you, so we're going to flash a recovery img, i'm just nervous about giving you clockwork to flash - I did it successfully yesterday after I got my phone locked down and it worked, but some people say they lose their 4G keys... it's up to you to do that.

I'm trying to find an img of the custom recovery that's been built in the xda thread you were following.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
hey im going for anything right now if you have done it and if thing hit the fan im going in an hour for a swap that there holding for a friend will return it cuz i just got it 4 days ago so hit me with everything and i will follow your direction

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your help I really appreciate everything I just exchanged the phone for another and I have not updated anything can you tell me what guide I should use for the hardware I have thanks I'm going to post it when I get it all written down

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your help I really appreciate everything I just exchanged the phone for another and I have not updated anything can you tell me what guide I should use for the hardware I have thanks I'm going to post it when I get it all written down

If you have Hboot 2.02 or 2.10 use http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...ttention-root-new-root-method-new-hboots.html

If you have anything else use http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...34-how-rooting-htc-evo-froyo-2-2-windows.html

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site

If your'e on with a 2.10 hboot and 2.15 radio you have to just go right here: [ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02/2.10 SOFF - On Fire Like Wood Edition - Upd. 12.20.10 - xda-developers

the above thread directs you there.

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks for the guide I think I was using that same guide yesterday but they changed the name and I was almost done and now I have the hboot 2.02 and my baseband version is 2.15.00.09.01 the kernel is version 2.6.32.15-g59b9e50 the build num is 3.30.651.3 cl272076 release-keys and pri 1.77_003 I want to make exactly sure which guide I should follow I followed that guide that lead me to the 2.10 or 2.02 hboot guide yesterday and I guess the unrevoked forever file intencinaly says E:unsupported radio and such and that's when I open the file with astro file manager but the messed up part was the renaming the files I had downloaded it says to keep the same files and then rename them and once you boot you'll get one of these happen and i happend to get the phone stuck at the white HTC screen an I'm supposed to take battery out and boot into hboot and it will look for the changed file and just reboot after and I should have been fine but you herd what happen but I really want to get this annoying root process over with and I could do everything else

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
And I remembered a part where I had used z4root and when i did that I was wondering why can't I just used that to get rooted so I could use programs from a fresh stock phone and I used the temp on the other phone when rooting so why can't I just use the permanent root I I did that now will that freuck everything up or will it work just giving me app access and the only way to get a custom recovery is by turning off the s thing is that why we do all these steps ?

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks for the guide I think I was using that same guide yesterday but they changed the name and I was almost done and now I have the hboot 2.02 and my baseband version is 2.15.00.09.01 the kernel is version 2.6.32.15-g59b9e50 the build num is 3.30.651.3 cl272076 release-keys and pri 1.77_003 I want to make exactly sure which guide I should follow I followed that guide that lead me to the 2.10 or 2.02 hboot guide yesterday and I guess the unrevoked forever file intencinaly says E:unsupported radio and such and that's when I open the file with astro file manager but the messed up part was the renaming the files I had downloaded it says to keep the same files and then rename them and once you boot you'll get one of these happen and i happend to get the phone stuck at the white HTC screen an I'm supposed to take battery out and boot into hboot and it will look for the changed file and just reboot after and I should have been fine but you herd what happen but I really want to get this annoying root process over with and I could do everything else

Yes, that was the same root guide as yesterday. But on 2.02 you can just do this: [ROOT] ~~~ HTC EVO - Universal Auto Root ~~~ v1.9 (12/20/10) - xda-developers

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey thefredelement I saw the post you just put up and that sounds way easier but there is something I keep catching my when looking at compatible softwares all of them on the thread you just posted say at the bottom versions 3.29.xxx..x / 3.30.651.1 / 3.30.651.2 and there is one problem he say dont flash these files unless they come on your phone and I have a stock fresh phone with 3.30.651.3 and I know its for back up purposes but I'm skeptical now because there was nothing said about mine in there but I could just literally just download the universal and root and do the quick universal quick boot and will that toss the recovery and root the phone and I witch pc36img or what ever its called witch one should I grab cuz there is one that will let just use the engineering bootloader but I don't know witch is the one I need it sayd one with the pc36 file and one without and I'm not sure cuz will I have to use one thread for root and what will the universal and root do I would like to just use the universal one cuz there is a easy way sorry for the rambling lol so much to take in and don't wanna go in for a 3rd phone :)

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh ok so witch autoroot file should I download the one with everything the recovery and bootloader and the pc36img file or the almost everything without the pc36img file and if so what pc36 file should I use on my phone because the files where extracted from ruu's and roms like I posted before my phone baseband ver was 3.30.651.3 and there was the .651.2 , .651.2 and the other one was the older phones .29.651.3 could you look and tell me witch I should use cuz I read that I shouldn't use the eng pc36 file unless i need more room for developing stuff witch I'm not so I just want to make it simple and easy root process and if you say download this file and use this commands I be in a comfortable spot like if you could post the only 2 files I need I would need witch autoroot I need and Rom for my needs and the quick autoroot commands if you could I would be mint and I would deff be comfortable doing it thanks man you've been a big help

prittyboy203

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
A random question if I used z4root to get temp root access right and if I used this guide to get the pc36 file

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=690762

and I put it on the root of the sdcard and went into bootloader mode so it reads the files and click yes to update will that let me get the next step is flash this Rom that has root on it will this work cuz I read on the thread that was linked and clicked on something and wanted to read more on the next step and it said if you didn't root use this and I clicked on it and it said just out this file on the sdcard and get this evo file and click something and you should be good but this stuff looks old so that's why I wanted to ask cuz its a method from one of the guys links someone posted here and was just curious cuz that looks ten thousand times easier and I know with temp root you could get commands thru on the phone to push files till next boot but by then I will have the file I flashed and the pc36 file that I would have downloaded that would have root in it but I'm just looking around and was curious and wanted to see if this would work lol I'm still wondering about my last question lol sorry for the rambling

forum_user_99

Dec 5, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what changed

If your'e on with a 2.10 hboot and 2.15 radio you have to just go right here: [ROOT][GUIDE] HBoot 2.02/2.10 SOFF - On Fire Like Wood Edition - Upd. 12.20.10 - xda-developers

the above thread directs you there.

I saw this guide sometime back. It had a big RED Warning about radio version Radio 2.15.00.11.19. Now that warning is gone. Anything changed?

Can someone confirm which method works for

3.70.651.1 (updated 12/17)
hd boot 2.10.0001
Radio 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel 2.6.32.17-gee557fd
Browser version - Webkit 3.1
PRI Version 1.90_003
PRL 60672

I read all the messages and there are 2-3 links. One with a Big DO NOT USE THIS GUIDE Warning.

I hate to repeat my original point. I rooted 2 LG OPtimus S (mid-range phones) within 15 minutes. The instructions for LG were very clear and straightforward. I have to say the EVO instructions are not easy to follow and does not seem to work all the time.

Can someone please tell me which instruction should I follow for my current setting (above)?

Thanks for all the hard work and help.

Mucho Gracias

2CupsWithString

passionately curious
Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I saw this guide sometime back. It had a big RED Warning about radio version Radio 2.15.00.11.19. Now that warning is gone. Anything changed?

Can someone confirm which method works for

3.70.651.1 (updated 12/17)
hd boot 2.10.0001
Radio 2.15.00.11.19
Kernel 2.6.32.17-gee557fd
Browser version - Webkit 3.1
PRI Version 1.90_003
PRL 60672

I read all the messages and there are 2-3 links. One with a Big DO NOT USE THIS GUIDE Warning.

I hate to repeat my original point. I rooted 2 LG OPtimus S (mid-range phones) within 15 minutes. The instructions for LG were very clear and straightforward. I have to say the EVO instructions are not easy to follow and does not seem to work all the time.

Can someone please tell me which instruction should I follow for my current setting (above)?

Thanks for all the hard work and help.

Mucho Gracias

Yes, it now has an updated unrevoked-forever file that supports the new radio version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247