Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Remember that the update plan for the Droid was 1000 phones on the first day, none on the second day, and 200,000 per day each day after, assuming all went well with the first 1000. I have no idea if they are doing that with the eris, but it seems possible.

The Eris upgrade page at Verizon Wireless still says "coming soon", though.

doogald

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
If you have plenty of time to waste today, you can occasionally open the dialer and dial

*#*#CHECKIN#*#*

which will check to see if there are any OS updates for your phone.

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
We have nothing but time at this point. I've sent an email to VZW customer service just for shoots and giggles. Lets see if I get any reply.

I am optimistic!!

JoshH1

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Just called VZW customer service and the tech support guy told me that there is nothing "new posted" he said it should be any time. But wasn't sure of an actual release date.

same **** different day!

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Here we go, just received this from VZW: (as if this couldn't get more comical - maybe I shouldn't of specifically mentioned 2.1 OS?)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: May 11, 2010 12:05 PM
Subject: RE: Phones Currently Offered (WFM60046535)

Good Afternoon Mr. xxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Vernette, and I understand you would like to know when the software update would be released for the Android 2.1 operation system. I'm sure you're excited about the next software update. I will be happy to address your concerns regarding the Android 2.1 operating system next update.

Mr. xxxxx, the Android operating system software updates will be rolled out in stages. HTC has not provided Verizon wireless with a release date of the next software update for the Android 2.1 operating system. I apologize for any inconvience this has caused you.

Mr. xxxxx, I hope the information regarding the Android 2.1 operating system was helpful. If you have any further questions, please reply to this email. Thank you for choosing Verizon Wireless.

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. You truly are a valued customer, and we look forward to hearing from you. We thank you again for choosing Verizon Wireless for your wireless needs. Have a great day!

Sincerely,

Vernette

Verizon Wireless Customer Service

If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and deleting it and all copies and backups thereof. If you are the intended recipient and are a Verizon Wireless customer, this response is subject to the terms of your Customer Agreement. It is a pleasure assisting you today.

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
It will come - at least some sort of update which will include some of the 2.1 features. It's on VZW website anyway....

I probably shouldn't of mentioned the 2.1 specifically. I replied back to VZW for more info - we shall see. Can't wait for LOST at least....

Mrfitz

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Here we go, just received this from VZW: (as if this couldn't get more comical - maybe I shouldn't of specifically mentioned 2.1 OS?)

Sincerely,

<form letter deleted>

Vernette

Verizon Wireless Customer Service

Same letter I got from them last week. I don't think customer service is told anything. I like the part about "It's all HTC!!" Yeah, but we get it from verizon, not HTC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones