Post All Eris 2.1 Update Rumors, News, and Updates HERE

borgey401

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
damn i feel badd for you guys, you have waited SOOOO LONG for this MORE THEN DUE update. Just to get it a month before 2.2 is coming out for the Droid and Nexus One. I'm sure there will be a leak for 2.2 or atleast a custom 2.2 ROM for the Eris

leemc

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Kind of discouraging response from verizon this evening:

Good Evening Mr. Mc,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Casstedaro; I understand you have questions regarding when the 2.1 droid software will be available for your HTC Eris handset. This is an excellent question and I am eager to respond to your email.

Currently, Verizon Wireless does not offer the 2.1 software for the HTC Droid Eris. I am unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.

Akamu

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd post some comments from various Twitter accounts:

HTC: "For those of you who don't follow @VZWSupport the Android 2.1 update for Droid Eris starting rolling out today!"

Verizon Wireless Support: "We’re glad to see all the excitement about the new 2.1 update! Updates are released randomly so be looking for yours soon!!"

"The release is random. You will receive a notification on your phone within the next 13 days. It was released yesterday. *NK"

ATP

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
13 days of agony. I don't care much, but knowing there's an update and that it's out and I can't get it drives me nuts.

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Kind of discouraging response from verizon this evening:

Good Evening Mr. Mc,

Thank you for contacting Verizon Wireless through our website. My name is Casstedaro; I understand you have questions regarding when the 2.1 droid software will be available for your HTC Eris handset. This is an excellent question and I am eager to respond to your email.

Currently, Verizon Wireless does not offer the 2.1 software for the HTC Droid Eris. I am unable to provide information regarding which equipment is being considered or approximate release dates, as this may raise expectations that may not be met.
Your first post and you post some bogus VZW reply mail ?:cool:

Kkrug156

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure this has already come up but I couldn't find a thread about it. If I have one of the 2.1 leaks installed on my phone will the ota update still automatically come to my phone?

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
More dumb questions from me: What if you get the notification about the OTA but you have low battery life OR due to circumstances, just can't loose use of the phone for that long? Can you ignore it until your ready or does it disappear?

Also - does the notifications just rollout each morning or different times through the day.

The perverbial horse has been beaten....

G

GenericMessage

48 hrs later and not even so much as a peep or a screen shot?

I doubt this update now, well it being out now anyway.

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
Yeah that does seem to be a lot of time with little to no 'proof' but hang in there. There are reports on androidforums of folks getting it, albeit few, and even fewer screenies.

nkwebb140

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
If the rollout, as seems to be the case, is starting in such small numbers - what does this say about their confidence in the OTA 2.1 working successfully with the Eris?

Has there been a big problem those few folks have experienced that we don't know of yet? Or - has it stopped altogether because of those problems?

Or am I just focused on this waaaay too much!?!?!

Icarus4219

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I think you're just way too focused on it. As far as I know, this is how EVERY OTA update is rolled out - a little at a time to make sure they didn't miss any showstopping bugs, then more and more as time goes on, but with a cap per day in the interest of not nuking their bandwidth.

Look at it like this - between the Incredible and the people who got fed up waiting and went to the Motorola Droid, how many Eris users are even left? It shouldn't take two full weeks (I hope) for all of us to get it.

G

GenericMessage

Yeah, I think you're just way too focused on it. As far as I know, this is how EVERY OTA update is rolled out - a little at a time to make sure they didn't miss any showstopping bugs, then more and more as time goes on, but with a cap per day in the interest of not nuking their bandwidth.

Look at it like this - between the Incredible and the people who got fed up waiting and went to the Motorola Droid, how many Eris users are even left? It shouldn't take two full weeks (I hope) for all of us to get it.

Well the Eris didn't even sell that many!

I mean the Droid had a little over 3 MILLION handsets to get too, I recall it taking several SEVERAL weeks.

I am sure by the weekend, there will be the .zip

G

GenericMessage

Not bogus! Response was to email i sent to verizon support. Haven't heard from anyone who has received the update. Thanks for the warm welcome.

You get used to it around here.

Everyone behave, or this thread will also be closed and heavily edited.

So over the next two weeks the update was supposed to go out eh? And not so much as a peep? Maybe only Verizon testers got the first batch! (much like with the Droid)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anonymous Jones