Potential Droid X Owner from Blackberry Storm 2

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Two things,

First.. I just upgraded to the X from the storm 2, and I really love the droid X.. Its so much better and I have half the problems that I had on the storm 2.

Second, I can confirm that the Droid X is now shipping with 2gb cards in them. I just purchased mine on the 25th of Feb, and my sales rep told me they just received a new shipment in. I didn't see it only had a 2gb card until I got home. Luckily my storm 2 had a 16gb in it, so i just switched cards.

I toyed with the idea as you are to wait it out, but honestly the Droid X is a lot of phone for the price, and I got it for 149.99 on an early upgrade direct from a store. It was worth it just to get rid of that POS Storm 2. Buy the droid X and don't look back.

topgunz1

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
I liked my Storm 2, downloaded all the OS's, and sang it's praises... Then I discovered the DroidX after RIM ticked me off with its lack of support. Never shall I go back to blackberry. I'm rooted, Rom'd and modded to the gills and my phone is ridiculously stable and blazing fast

xltbob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
I too am a RIMer right now with a BB Storm 9530. My Verizon upgrade discount kicks in in mid-April and I'm chomping at the bit to get a Droid X. I started reading Android Central a couple of months ago to start preparing me for getting an Android phone. Picked up and rooted a Nook Color about a month ago and I'm having fun with that. I've been reading this forum for a couple of weeks now and have made the decision to pass on the Incredible and any Samsung phones for the DX.

Come on April 17th!

xltbob

Sep 26, 2010
Visit site
Just saw the story about $100 off Droid phones at Verizon, I think I might be taking the plunge sooner the expected!

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
been following these forums for a while (mostly because of the TB) but decided to register once I saw this therad, I'm almost in the same boat as the op, except I'm coming from a LG Dare, and i'm getting ready to get my first smartphone, I've been holding out for the Thunderbolt since January, and almost had a enough, and with the potential different pricing, I don't think it is worth it...

I was looking at getting the X before I heard about the TB, I basically live in 2 cities, 1 will have 4G this year, 1 prob wont have it til 2012 or 2013...I usually get my phones on 2 yr contract (I don't have the $$ to shell out for phones every year) would you guys suggest just getting the X now, or wait til like X2 or Incred2 come out if I just want a 3G phone??

Also, since this is my first 1, have no plans to root it, and just want a smartphone for basic stuff, and not looking to go too advanced into it

thanks, and sorry for sort of hijacking the thread, but I didn't think it would be right to just create a new thread for a similar question

El Jefe

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
Well, I would think the X2 & Incredible 2 will be LTE phones too. I have had my X since August & would still buy it today if I went into a Verizon store.

Dirty Ders

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Just to let you guys know: Amazon is selling the Droid X for ONE PENNY!

They have great customer support free shipping even on returns and exchanges.

noto

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
@xltbob: Too bad you need to sign up for Unlimited Voice as well. :(

I'm the secondary line on my Verizon plan so my upgrade price through them is $149.99! Amazon's 0.01 deal is only for new contracts, I think, because when I choose that it's an upgrade for a line on a family plan, the price goes up to $99.99.

I'm going to switch my # to the Primary Line on my plan and will go to LetsTalk in order to get it for $9.99 as soon as my billing cycle ends. It's 69.99 there if I do not switch my# to the primary line.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
That whole $100 off droids from Verizon is BS.. they are making you sign up for there unlimited plan, and you have to be a new customer. I got it on the primary line upgrade for 149.99 and am super happy with it.

How ever you get it, and what ever phone your coming from, I believe the Droid X is a very good phone. I have had it a few days now, and already spent countless hours customizing it. And no, I haven't found anything that required me to root it. Its a very good phone with the stock OS.

And to the OP agian, I love this phone so much more then my Storm 2.. I cant even remember when I use to use it.

JZambrano

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I use to have a Storm 2. I loved the click screen. I sitched from that to a Droid X. And now I absolutely love my X. Its a big Chang, but totally worth it. :)

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
going in later today to buy the X, hope i'm not regretting it, but I think the only reason I'm still wanting the Tbolt is just because of all the waiting i've done for it and just because its new

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
honeslty, i don't think the processor difference will matter much. I've found that the X is more than fast enough for any and everything I need. I came from a Storm 1 and i LOVE this thing.

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I agree with everyone here that came from the storm 1 or 2. It was like night and day diff for me a phone that actually works and works well. I came from the storm 1 and I have never looked back. And ya I looked at the newer phone coming out this year and this is the first time I have been satisfied with my current phone. And just so you know how much I upgrade to the latest and greatest. I am writing this from my Xoom.

Ahowe125

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
so many of us that came from the storm 1 or 2. storm 2 here... just 3 weeks ago. LOVING the Droid X! Do it now!

Its so true, 3 of my friends all switched from the Storm 1/2 to the X, and I was the last of them to do it. They kept asking me what was taking so long, but I really loved my Storm 2. It did everything I wanted(with some help from apps like bolt), but I just wanted something newer.

But hell, when the original storm came out, that was "the phone" to have. I remember all the hype when it released. The first touch screen blackberry. And Android wasn't even on the market yet. (at least i don't think so) So naturally most of us tech types wanted the latest and greatest and got our selves locked into a storm 1/2. Now that we were finally able to escape it, naturally we migrated to the Droid x. Its a great phone, and I cant tell you how happy I am with it.

So @noto and @holybuckeye, did you end up getting it yet? If so how do you like it?

HolyBuckeye

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
i did yea, I'm loving it so far, my first smartphone, so it's taking me a while to get used to and figuring out everything I can do with it....I love the live wallpapers, downloaded the thunderstorm one, freaking awesome!

bought one of the otterbox cases that they had in the verizon store, like the case, but it sure makes the phone pretty bulky, not sure if i like that or not, prob just take a bit to get used to

Last edited:

wg#AC

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
For the case since I don't know what you do for work you might want to look at 2 other cases. This first one is one I have and I like it. It has 2 form factors first one is called surface it makes a nice thin protective case with belt clip. The second part of it is called rugged. The rugged part goes on over the surface for when you need the added protection.

seidioonline.com

The other case is thinner than the one you got not by much though but from what I have say it is really well built.

Ultra-Durable Phone and iPad Cases Offer Unsurpassed Protection, Ergonomic Design and Striking Style

Let me add the seidio is a little on the expensive side at $50 were as the trident is only $34 but you are basicaly getting 2 cases in one.

noto

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
@Ahowe125
I'm still waiting till the 18th (my billing cycle) so that Verizon does not charge me any additional charges since I'm already above 70% of my allowed minutes for the month. Once that date hits I'm buying it!

I actually ordered a COBY KYROS MID7015A Android tablet last week and have been playing with it since Thursday. It only cost me $135 with free shipping and no taxes from J & R in New York. I've rooted it and installed ClockworkMod Recovery and added a launcher. Pretty nice. It's actually a decent tab for the price once you add all the nice add-ons. This will allow me to get familiar with the OS so I'll be ready for the X! :)

By the way, is Copy/Paste built into the X? My tab is running Android 2.1 and it does not seem to be part of the OS. Any apps you can suggest that will allow me to Copy/Paste?

Thanks!

noto

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I finally took the plundge and purchased the X via Amazon Wireless today for $49.99 with free 2 day shipping and no taxex. :)

I know the Thunderbolt will be available on the 17th, but I did not feel like spending the $250 plus tax at the Verizon Wireless store. From what I've read I'm sure that I will be completely satisfied with my X.

And I figured out the copy/paste question. X.

Thanks again for all the replies to my original post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pumice stone