Problems updating software

fourtytwo

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I have been trying to update my phone for a few weeks now and I get to the point where it downloads the update and then I tell it to install now and it reboots then the crash screen comes on instead of the normal screen with the android thing (he's got x's on his eyes and a caution sign above his head). I've gotten two different error codes in the box after it fails. One is 410 and the other 550. Sometimes it just says software update failed.
I've tried clearing the cache for the update app and I have tried it both over WiFi and 4G. I've also talked to Samsung (absolutely NO help except he transfered me to Verizon) and the man at Verizon who was also NO help.
It is very frustrating even though it's not a major update. It keeps reminding me with the pop-up box and says install now or install later and I keep either installing if I'm not busy or installing later. What am I doing wrong?

Posted via the Android Central App

fourtytwo

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much! I will try that. I didn't even know this existed! I wish the Samsung tech would have told me that!

Posted via the Android Central App