Question re: Quick Settings homepage

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I've used Nova Launcher in the past and was wondering if that would get rid of the Quick Settings homepage that will come stock on this phone. I only need two homepages and I always use the one to the left as the second one. Thanks in advance for the input.

chram893

May 2, 2012
Visit site
I think so. The new quick settings page is linked to Moto's new launcher. Replacing the Blur launcher with Nova will take away the quick settings page since you're using a different launcher. This is just my assumption, so I can't completely confirm this. I honestly think this new BlurICS Launcher coming with these phones will satisfy most people since they seem to give the user more of their own touch of preferences (like adding and deleting screens as he/she wishes) and it's a pretty smooth experience as well. Hope I helped a bit :)

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I figured that would be the case, but I was just looking to make sure. I don't mind Motorola's UI skin nearly as much as TouchWiz as I find it much less intrusive. I had a Galaxy S III for a week and was just amazed at how much complexity they added on top of the OS.

irontechmonkey

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Running Motorola Atrix HD, Android Jellybean 4.1.1, Nova 2.0: and no more quick settings page. Might have been there for a while in earlier versions of Nova (between OPs first post and now), but now it seems that you must be running Jellybean 4.2+ with Nova 2.0 in order to get the quick settings page back. Bummer that this great launcher has disabled one of the most helpful bits of the stock launcher that I wanted to retain.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware