Realook: MUST BUY

skatanic000

Banned
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I just received my realook in the mail from ebay for 10.99.

IT IS INCREDIBLE!

Even if you didn't plan on using a screen protector, you must convert over to this. I can't even tell there is a protector. I like it better than the glass! I switched to it because I was so fed up with the horrible sprint screen protectors and I felt like I was missing out by not using the glass. I looked at all the scratches on my old phone and ipod though and realized a screen protector was absolutey necessary.

The realook comes with a great kit to help you put it on perfectly. The one tip I think is a must is to use scotch tape to keep picking up any dust you see on the screen and on the adhesive side of the protector. Once you put the protector on, see wherever there is stray dust and keep lifting it and picking up the dust.

Once I got the protector on perfectly, it looked gorgeous. My phone is perfect now!!! Thanks Realook!!!!!!!

slipdisc

Jun 3, 2010
www.phat1.com
I got a 3 pack of these from Amazon. They are cheapies at about $1/each.

I thought I was taking a chance buying these. But I have had it for about 3 months now. Still very smooth and glass-like feeling. And not the horrible orange peel feel like you get from Zagg products. I like the IS line but I don't like them on my EVO.

skatanic000

Banned
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Wow you can search!

Well for the hundreds of you like me who don't go digging through old forums for random things you've never heard of, I still recommend the realook!

skatanic000

Banned
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I got a 3 pack of these from Amazon. They are cheapies at about $1/each.

I thought I was taking a chance buying these. But I have had it for about 3 months now. Still very smooth and glass-like feeling. And not the horrible orange peel feel like you get from Zagg products. I like the IS line but I don't like them on my EVO.

K, those are actually for a different phone, called the evo.

If you noticed, this thread was about the REALOOK protectors for the EPIC.

Why anyone would want to use "cheapies" on a 500 dollar phone is beyond me. I have tried 3 different screen protectors and realook is the best available. Everybody knows you can find tons of 1 dollar cheapy protectors all over ebay and amazon

skatanic000

Banned
Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I am looking HARD to spot my protector and I CANNOT distinguish it!!!

My old one on the other hand only covered the led part of the glass. So I couldn't achieve a smooth downward sweeping motion to check notifcations because of the jagged edge of the protector.

The realook is seriously just glass.

And to that guy talking about the front camera, are you serious? Come on dude. You are worried about the slight effect a thin layer of clear high quality material is going to have on a ****ty low resolution camera that not one epic user has ever used??? You should not buy the realook. It might destroy the high quality video chats you've been having with the easter bunny and paul bunyan.

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
I am looking HARD to spot my protector and I CANNOT distinguish it!!!

My old one on the other hand only covered the led part of the glass. So I couldn't achieve a smooth downward sweeping motion to check notifcations because of the jagged edge of the protector.

The realook is seriously just glass.

And to that guy talking about the front camera, are you serious? Come on dude. You are worried about the slight effect a thin layer of clear high quality material is going to have on a ****ty low resolution camera that not one epic user has ever used??? You should not buy the realook. It might destroy the high quality video chats you've been having with the easter bunny and paul bunyan.

Skatanic, Im not a moderator or anything, but I feel the need to comment here. Please try an remember that everyone has different needs and expectations from their device. This forum is a place for everyone to congregate and discuss whichever topic suits their fancy. Everyone, is entitled to opine on any topic, however, smarmy come backs are un-necessary, and only detract from the user experience for the rest of the forum members. Thank You.

HeisRisen

Oct 29, 2010
Visit site
Skatanic, Im not a moderator or anything, but I feel the need to comment here. Please try an remember that everyone has different needs and expectations from their device. This forum is a place for everyone to congregate and discuss whichever topic suits their fancy. Everyone, is entitled to opine on any topic, however, smarmy come backs are un-necessary, and only detract from the user experience for the rest of the forum members. Thank You.

Well said.

caliskimmer

Retired Moderator
Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one that liked the feel of the Zagg? Hmm, must be an iPhone thing.

@skatanic000: what are you alluding to...? :/ Also, watch it. I don't want a flame war starting here.

KC2UUZ

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site
@ Heis Thank You.
@ Cali Had the Zagg on my first epic, Hated the thing. Made the cap buttons un-responsive, and made my finger skid, instead of slide. Although, the protective quality is second to none.

rangers28

Aug 22, 2010
Visit site
Just checked these out and think I'm gonna give them a shot. Since you guys are saying there really is no adhesive, do these protectors collect dust around the edges? That's my biggest problem with others I've tried on other phones. I've tried Zagg, and a couple others, but they always get dust and little threads/hairs getting stuck on on the edges because of the adhesive. I'm a pocket carrier, so this is a big issue for me. My Epic is naked right now....

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
no they don't...they adhere very tightly, just do EVERYTHING THE INSTRUCTIONS say! I found steaming the bathroom up with the shower works good for settling the dust down. You don't have to worry about bubbles because they can be squished out with the plastic card, BUT if you have a bubble with a white speck in the middle of it, you must use the tape to remove the speck then reapply.

shaundizzle

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
i have the bodyguardz full body kit and i messed up the screen protector part trying to make it perfect. next time i think i have it the first time im gonna let it be.
i ended up taking the screen part off to replace it with the second and send in the first to get another replacement. but after testing it nude i like the way the screen feels and looks. makes the colors really pop i think.

anyways, skatanic, you said something about cheapies - maybe he deosnt care about protectors because he has insurance like i do. after all i dont want to risk being without my 500$ phone.