[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2012
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/201

this is awesome i flashed it to my phone and couldnt be any happier i got ROM manager to work with it now it lets me download roms and boot into recovery from there :) and also backup and restore :) :cool:

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

this is awesome i flashed it to my phone and couldnt be any happier i got ROM manager to work with it now it lets me download roms and boot into recovery from there :) and also backup and restore :) :cool:
For the love of God, man, delete that horrid mess from your device before you wake up with a possessed paperweight that kiils puppies.
I am NOT referring to COT Recovery.

Reactions: Thraeryn

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

Cool, I just hope ROM Manager doesn't brick your phone.

Also, we'll be (intentionally) breaking compatibility with ROM Manager in a future release of Cannibal Open Touch.

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: Thraeryn

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site

I did the advanced backup, didn't select backup boot, and when I selected the restore backup option (and selected the advanced backup I did earlier), the system tried to restore boot, and it broke the boot partition, and now my phone won't boot. Fixed by flashing boot.img in fastboot of course.

Taking a look at my advanced backup, there's no mention of boot being backed up anywhere (as it should be).. Definitely a bug.

Also: Like how you do the advanced backup, there should be a way to select what to do for an advanced restore as well. I have to continually go into the menus to select every restore, and it's time consuming!

Possible future option: A file manager? Delete, rename, move files... And perhaps even extract and archive files.. Perfect when you don't have a computer!

Last edited:

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I did the advanced backup, didn't select backup boot, and when I went to restore the whole advanced backup I had done, the system tried to restore boot, which I didn't backup, and it broke the boot partition, and now my phone won't boot. It may be a bug... Fixed by flashing boot.img in fastboot of course.

Taking a look at my advanced backup, there's no mention of boot being backed up anywhere (as it should be).. Definitely a bug.

Also: Like how you do the advanced backup, there should be a way to select what to do for an advanced restore as well. I have to continually go into the menus to select every restore, and it's time consuming!

Yes it's a bug, a very nasty one at that. It's fixed in the source, we're just ironing out some things before another release. Tons of new features are being added, and we've basically rewritten much of the CWM code.

BuggerZ

May 29, 2012
Visit site

There's one more minor bug in the UI I noticed. I'm using the Lime UI theme, and sometimes when I go into recovery, the touch buttons are all green, but other times they are white like they should be. I don't know why it does this, but I can't get it to happen consistently.

Thanks for your work drew, and TeamHydro! :)

Yes it's a bug, a very nasty one at that. It's fixed in the source, we're just ironing out some things before another release. Tons of new features are being added, and we've basically rewritten much of the CWM code.
Awesome, thanks!

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
There's one more minor bug in the UI I noticed. I'm using the Lime UI theme, and sometimes when I go into recovery, the touch buttons are all green, but other times they are white like they should be. I don't know why it does this, but I can't get it to happen consistently.

Thanks for your work drew, and TeamHydro! :)

I haven't noticed that (and the UI buttons in the Key Lime Pie theme should be green 100% of the time) but we've also rewritten much of the theme engine so that issue probably got fixed with the rewrite.

Reactions: BuggerZ

abarenbe

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site

Can I use this recovery to downgrade from ZVJ to ZVD? In other words does it have the radio flash bypass feature or will I need to go back to stock recovery?

Thank You! Andy

twigge

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site

Possible bug. Or it could be a feature (kinda depends on your sense of humor)

How I found this:

I was dirty flashing CM7 to fix a mess I made after removing one too many system apps.

Anyway...

I entered the Install Zip from sdcard menu
Chose the zip I wanted to install
On the following screen where you either have the option of choosing No, or Make Backup... Upon pressing the back button to go back one screen just to verify that I had chosen the correct zip file, the recovery proceeded to install the zip anyway. This behavior occurs using both the touch key and that hard key on the phone.

Fortunately I had chosen the correct zip file that I wanted to flash, however the expected behavior would have been to go back one screen, just as that button does on any other.

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Can I use this recovery to downgrade from ZVJ to ZVD? In other words does it have the radio flash bypass feature or will I need to go back to stock recovery?

Thank You! Andy

You need stock recovery.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Possible bug. Or it could be a feature (kinda depends on your sense of humor)

How I found this:

I was dirty flashing CM7 to fix a mess I made after removing one too many system apps.

Anyway...

I entered the Install Zip from sdcard menu
Chose the zip I wanted to install
On the following screen where you either have the option of choosing No, or Make Backup... Upon pressing the back button to go back one screen just to verify that I had chosen the correct zip file, the recovery proceeded to install the zip anyway. This behavior occurs using both the touch key and that hard key on the phone.

Fortunately I had chosen the correct zip file that I wanted to flash, however the expected behavior would have been to go back one screen, just as that button does on any other.

Definitely a bug, pretty sure I fixed it in the source awhile ago before starting the rewrite Drew mentioned.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

[INFO]Attention beta testers!
A pre-release build of Cannibal Open Touch v2.0 is available at the Team Hydro Atrium!

Unfortunately, Atrium registrations are closed until Cannibal Open Touch v2.0 is released (exceptions made on case-by-case basis). However if you would like to be included in the beta testing group, send an email to atriumbeta@teamhydro.info and your Team Hydro Atrium account will be set up when registrations open.[/INFO]

Va1ha11a

Troll Headhunter
Jun 4, 2011
Visit site
[INFO]Attention beta testers!
A pre-release build of Cannibal Open Touch v2.0 is available at the Team Hydro Atrium!

Unfortunately, Atrium registrations are closed until Cannibal Open Touch v2.0 is released (exceptions made on case-by-case basis). However if you would like to be included in the beta testing group, send an email to atriumbeta@teamhydro.info and your Team Hydro Atrium account will be set up when registrations open.[/INFO]

Will flash and get back to you as soon as I get home. Can't wait to see what you've changed!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Will flash and get back to you as soon as I get home. Can't wait to see what you've changed!

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Android Central Forums

Massive changes on the kindle fire version. Does not look like a cwm clone no mo'. :cool:

- via my Kindroid Jelly Fire Bean JB 4.1.1

Status
Not open for further replies.