[RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.2 (latest update: 06/24/2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: [RECOVERY] Cannibal Open Touch v1.0.4

So this recovery is a mash of Xionia and Team Hydro's?

To answer this, I will quote the first post (which I hope you already read):

It combines features from ClockworkMod 5, Team UtterChaos's Sony Xperia recovery, AmonRa 3.0.6, Xionia Recovery and sblood86's custom recovery for the Amazon Kindle Fire.
This IS Team Hydro's (CWMT) recovery at it's core, it's just gone cannibal on us :p

Reactions: ThatGuyLurkin

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: vernotzy21

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
new feature for Cory to adopt. "Mute" button, like xbox live. same great AC goodies, minus the meaningless gibberish

Isn't that the same thing as the "ignore" feature? ;)

Let's get back on topic though. Any cool features that anyone can think of to include in Cannibal? Even parts of other recoveries; Cannibal LOVES eating other recoveries :p

shockdude

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

perhaps vernotzy could elaborate on the features he likes in teamwin's recovery, and then Cannibal could assimilate those features accordingly

epidenimus

Racer of Elevators
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

Let's get back on topic though. Any cool features that anyone can think of to include in Cannibal? Even parts of other recoveries; Cannibal LOVES eating other recoveries :p
I still suggest that the button response zone should not be the whole column, if possible. 25-33% would be better/safer.

What about a feature that removes the ROM Mangler files from the ROM, increasing the chances of it booting? I know you probably don't want to support it, but maybe a script that attempts to remove that mess?

Also, any way to probe and determine what radio is actually installed, instead of relying on the build.prop info in the ROM?

Reactions: XxPyromaniacXx

Nate456

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site

I think I got a good one.

In EarthnFire's CWM Blue recovery there is an option to verify a backup to make sure it is not corrupted.

Reactions: vernotzy21

drewwalton19216801

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site

"Aroma installer" style UI.

Not dissing the current UI, but you asked....

That's not really a recovery, though is it?

would it be possible to name the backup in recovery versus doing it after booting in to the system?

Not really, that would need an on-screen keyboard of sorts.

I think I got a good one.

In EarthnFire's CWM Blue recovery there is an option to verify a backup to make sure it is not corrupted.

Now that is a fantastic idea.

I still suggest that the button response zone should not be the whole column, if possible. 25-33% would be better/safer.

That's something we're working on, though it may actually not be possible in the current implementation of the touch UI controls.

What about a feature that removes the ROM Mangler files from the ROM, increasing the chances of it booting? I know you probably don't want to support it, but maybe a script that attempts to remove that mess?

I actually like this idea. I'm open to implementation ideas.

Also, any way to probe and determine what radio is actually installed, instead of relying on the build.prop info in the ROM?

Funny, eletendre and I were just discussing this very thing. I don't know if it's actually possible, but it's something to look into.

Status
Not open for further replies.