Red Box Instant App

Lv#AC

Jan 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay, so I was messing around with my old Droid 3 running the Steel Droid ICS ROM and I wanted to check to see if Redbox Instant was up and running yet. I fired it up and of course got the "Redbox instant cannot run on this device". Luckily for me I was only on WiFi and it happened to turn itself off (not sure if its the ROM build or my phone). So I tried to open it again with no 3G or WiFi and low and behold I got another screen telling me that the network was not available. Naturally I hit purchases tab and I got the Start Trial Area, which then prompted me to create a account (Which I did) and then to give it Credit Card Info (Which I did not). As you can tell by the other screen shot they are giving you a initial 30day free trial for 8 bucks a month for DVD's and streaming. I even browsed locations in my area for Redbox Kiosks. Thought I would let you guys know. Try it and see if it works for you. FYI I still have not received the account confirmation email from them as of yet.

Hasta

-Lv
Screenshot_2012-12-24-23-32-00.pngScreenshot_2012-12-24-23-13-29.pngScreenshot_2012-12-24-23-13-00.pngScreenshot_2012-12-24-23-12-34.png

ZachA

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
It does not work on my Old Droid Incredible 2 running Gingerbread. But it does work on my Galaxy Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

MikaelPe

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know yet if you can use Redbox Instant from a Samsung or HTC phone connected to the TV via a standard MHL adapter? HBO and Hulu+ blocks the MHL/HDMI port out but Netflix does not and virtually everything else on the internet can be viewed on the HDMI-in compatible TV. An MHL kit is a cheap and very practical way of turning any TV in the house into an internet hub... We at IBOLT would love to have a code for Redbox Instant and test the service from Galaxy S 3, Note II etc...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armydudeJC