Reset battery metter, no root

hounddog88

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I just bought an extended battery yesterday beccause my battery life was low with my amount of usage. It seems though that even with less usage than normal that the battery metter is still dropping at the same rate as if i were to have the originall battery. Is there a way to reset the battery metter without having root. or do i have a bad extended battery?

MrSmith317

Mr Fix-It
Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
There's no way to wipe battery stats without custom recovery(that requires unlocking). However it's been confirmed by Google that it does no good. If your extended batt isn't lasting as long as your standard batt, then return it. You thought too much about this one ;)

twolastnames

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I seem to remember my extended battery needing a couple of charge cycles to start working like I thought it should, might see what it's like in a few days.

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I seem to remember my extended battery needing a couple of charge cycles to start working like I thought it should, might see what it's like in a few days.

I'll second this one. I was a bit peeved about ext. battery life for a day or two. Then a few charges later it proved to be invaluable for me. Don't know why but it takes a little bit of time to get them squared away for some reason. You should see marked improvements soon, if not, exchange it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilliejoylene