[ROM] 11/20/11 - CleanROM 2.9 - GB 2.3.4 - Perfection Achieved!

bbarend

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CleanROM 2.7 - 10/19/11- GB 2.3.4 - Cleaner Than Ever!

Ah ha! Now I remember. Google + was the culprit. I had to uninstall it and re-install the market version. I was using the ICS version of Google + though, so it may be unrelated to your problem.

Mike0686

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

OK I am new to this and actually just put my first rom on ever earlier this week. I put CleanROM 2.6 on at that time. What is the best way to put CleanROM2 2.7 on my phone.

What I am thinking is nandroid backup just to do it, clean wipe, then install ClearnROM 2.7.

Now comes to the sms, e-mail, phonebook, apps question...

What is the best way to get up and running again on what I have? I have my phonebook saved through gmail so that is OK. Text I guess aren't that big of a deal. Yes I can stop being lazy and re-setup my e-mail and download my apps. But I was wondering what most of you do when you flash a new rom?

I heard titanium backup can still cause problems with apps. I heard Scott say one time that he has all his apps saved on a flashdrive and just reinstalls each of them from ES File manager or something. How would i do this.

Too long I know i just want to know what process most of you do when switching/upgrading ROMS.

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

People App crashes in 2.7. I did a clean wipe before flashing.

Ah ha! Now I remember. Google + was the culprit. I had to uninstall it and re-install the market version. I was using the ICS version of Google + though, so it may be unrelated to your problem.

Maybe, I just tested it out and it was working fine for me.

OK I am new to this and actually just put my first rom on ever earlier this week. I put CleanROM 2.6 on at that time. What is the best way to put CleanROM2 2.7 on my phone.

What I am thinking is nandroid backup just to do it, clean wipe, then install ClearnROM 2.7.
Thats always the best way!

Now comes to the sms, e-mail, phonebook, apps question...

What is the best way to get up and running again on what I have? I have my phonebook saved through gmail so that is OK. Text I guess aren't that big of a deal. Yes I can stop being lazy and re-setup my e-mail and download my apps. But I was wondering what most of you do when you flash a new rom?

I heard titanium backup can still cause problems with apps. I heard Scott say one time that he has all his apps saved on a flashdrive and just reinstalls each of them from ES File manager or something. How would i do this.

Too long I know i just want to know what process most of you do when switching/upgrading ROMS.

I dont care for TI back up and I keep all my apps on my SD Card so I dont have to download them. Yes, I use ES File Explorer, for me thats the best way.

Hope that helps...

-Scott

Mike0686

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

Maybe, I just tested it out and it was working fine for me.

Thats always the best way!

I dont care for TI back up and I keep all my apps on my SD Card so I dont have to download them. Yes, I use ES File Explorer, for me thats the best way.

Hope that helps...

-Scott

So the apps are always installed on the SD and you just go off that? Like you never have to reinstall them because they are on the SD Card? Did you use the built-in option on the phone to transfer to SD or some other means? Or are the install files are on the SD and you reinstall all the apps after you flash?

Thanks Scott!

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

So the apps are always installed on the SD and you just go off that? Like you never have to reinstall them because they are on the SD Card? Did you use the built-in option on the phone to transfer to SD or some other means? Or are the install files are on the SD and you reinstall all the apps after you flash?

Thanks Scott!

No, they are not installed. They just reside there like a music file or any other document. What you can do is set root privledges to ES File Explorer and navigate to /device/data/app/ and copy all the APK files to your SD Card. Then when you wipe you always have them on the SD Card for re-install.

santos

May 18, 2011
Visit site

I just installed the latest CleanROM 2.7. Just about everything works great, except the Google Talk app.. it keeps complaining that it cannot sign in. The rest of my Google account works, just not Talk. I wouldn't mind too much but it keeps alerting me. Anyone else run into this or have a suggestion to fix?

A Google search had a few ideas, like changing my password (bad idea ... as you cannot set it back to a previously used password), clearing Talk app cache, rebooting. Nothing worked.

Help?

santos

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Sorry my bad. I did not fully wipe. (this is the first time I actually had issues by not doing so) I just fully wiped and now reinstalled everything and it's all okay :)

EDIT: crap I loaded some of the plugins and now the widget is rebooting my phone again. And yes scott I am attempting to use the CRT animations.

EDIT 2: It's definately the CRT animations causing my reboots. Shame I love that effect.

I have this same problem... How do I get rid of beats to keep the crt animations? Right now the built in music app causes an entire reboot.

Thanks!

santos

May 18, 2011
Visit site

Sorry for all the questions but I am having fun with this ROM.

Is there a way to have the new battery icons with a gray overscroll? I am not liking any of the given colors from ROM updater.

CCSubaru

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Well after installing 2.7 I have been having tremendous amounts of problems. Market won't purchase apps and when i try to install any type of apk manually through es file explorer it just says application not installed.. I love your roms but this one just isnt useable for me. Anyone have some suggestions?

Edit: I'd like to note that i have wiped all cache and re installed multiple times and hasn't fixed anything

Last edited:

gonk24

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site

Well after installing 2.7 I have been having tremendous amounts of problems. Market won't purchase apps and when i try to install any type of apk manually through es file explorer it just says application not installed.. I love your roms but this one just isnt useable for me. Anyone have some suggestions?

Edit: I'd like to note that i have wiped all cache and re installed multiple times and hasn't fixed anything

Did you do a data wipe also or just caches?

radiation0512

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Well I can say I'm not having any problems since flashing 2.7! This thing is running like a champ! Been off charger for 10 hours now and I'm sitting at 74% and I've been on this thing pretty much all day. Thanks again Scott for an awesome ROM!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

CCSubaru

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site

Ended up flashing cyanogen mod gapps zip from their wiki and that solved the market problem

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I just installed the latest CleanROM 2.7. Just about everything works great, except the Google Talk app.. it keeps complaining that it cannot sign in. The rest of my Google account works, just not Talk. I wouldn't mind too much but it keeps alerting me. Anyone else run into this or have a suggestion to fix?

A Google search had a few ideas, like changing my password (bad idea ... as you cannot set it back to a previously used password), clearing Talk app cache, rebooting. Nothing worked.

Help?

Not sure I will look at it. But on the same note its the same gtalk I have used since like version 1.x. SO I dont know why all of a sudden it would stop working but I will test it.

I have this same problem... How do I get rid of beats to keep the crt animations? Right now the built in music app causes an entire reboot.

Thanks!

Yes, you cant use CRT Animations with Beats. To get rid of beats you need to reflash the ROM.

Sorry for all the questions but I am having fun with this ROM.

Is there a way to have the new battery icons with a gray overscroll? I am not liking any of the given colors from ROM updater.
You can always make you own here: UOT Kitchen. Kitchen

Market 3.2.0 Purchase was a recently discovered issue. I did not know it was flawed when I put it in the ROM. You can always purchase on PC and it will download to phone. Hopefully a new version of market will be out to solve this issue.

As far as the ROM being un-usable. I dont know what to say. Its been running perfect for me and many many others. As far as it installing apps... I only install apps from SD card so I honestly dont know what your issue is. Maybe reboot to recovery, wipe cache's then try to fix permissions. Sometimes that fixes wierd issues. OTher than that I have no clue why you are seeing all the issues you see.

Well I can say I'm not having any problems since flashing 2.7! This thing is running like a champ! Been off charger for 10 hours now and I'm sitting at 74% and I've been on this thing pretty much all day. Thanks again Scott for an awesome ROM!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Thank you! Glad you enjoy it!

Ended up flashing cyanogen mod gapps zip from their wiki and that solved the market problem
Yeah, that would revert to the old market. Good fix!

-Scott

toekramp

May 23, 2011
Visit site

Let me preface with I'm pretty much a noob with the rooting/flashing, but was able to follow all the instructions and got 2.6 on with 4G and wifi working on my hboot 1.5...

Now please excuse this question, as I haven't seen anyone else post it so I'll assume it's just me being inept, but I am unable to enable Swype. I go to Settings - > Language & Keyboard and there is no Input Method for me to select Swype. I can see all the configuration options under the Swype settings... but just no way to actually select that as my input method... am I just missing something very simple here?

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

Let me preface with I'm pretty much a noob with the rooting/flashing, but was able to follow all the instructions and got 2.6 on with 4G and wifi working on my hboot 1.5...

Now please excuse this question, as I haven't seen anyone else post it so I'll assume it's just me being inept, but I am unable to enable Swype. I go to Settings - > Language & Keyboard and there is no Input Method for me to select Swype. I can see all the configuration options under the Swype settings... but just no way to actually select that as my input method... am I just missing something very simple here?
lol, yes... You are missing something very basic. IN this version of Android by HTC you cant select input method by going to settings like on any normal version. To change the version, hold in a text box and it will pop up a menu to change input method. From there you can choose swype.

S.

Banned
Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

I was trying to install this rom, but every time I selected I kept getting the error signature verification failed. I unchecked the signature validation/verification and it the rom seems like it is installing properly. I'm wondering whether or not what I did was right. (disabling verification of signature)

The installation finished and this rom feels very nice. I don't know if I'm just imagining this but it feels like switching from pages has improved. EVERYTHING JUST FEELS FASTER.

Question: Is there anyway to get rid of paginated app drawer? I like the other format better.

Last edited:

scrosler

ROM Developer
Nov 30, 2010
Visit site

I was trying to install this rom, but every time I selected I kept getting the error signature verification failed. I unchecked the signature validation/verification and it the rom seems like it is installing properly. I'm wondering whether or not what I did was right. (disabling verification of signature)

The installation finished and this rom feels very nice. I don't know if I'm just imagining this but it feels like switching from pages has improved. EVERYTHING JUST FEELS FASTER.

Question: Is there anyway to get rid of paginated app drawer? I like the other format better.

If you are getting signature verification errors you must be using Clockwork MOD recovery. Disabling signature is the correct way to install.

Everything should feel much faster. This ROM is tweaked and tuned and can be over clocked to go even faster! If its not faster then I FAILED! lol

As far as the paginated Rosie... Go to ROM Updater. I have 4 differnt rosies in there that will suite your needs. For instruction on how to configure ROM Updater see post #2.

LMK if you have any other questions!

-Scott

toekramp

May 23, 2011
Visit site

lol, yes... You are missing something very basic. IN this version of Android by HTC you cant select input method by going to settings like on any normal version. To change the version, hold in a text box and it will pop up a menu to change input method. From there you can choose swype.

DOH! (i'm also new to android in general if that wasn't completely obvious haha) thanks so much. loving the rom!

El_Zacatecas

Dec 26, 2010
Visit site
So I have a few questions
1.can I just flash this over 2.5 or do I have to do a clean install?

2.do i still have to flash it special with hboot 1.5? Or are there updated flashing recoveries that will let me flash it normally ?
Thank you

Sent from my EVO 3D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny