[ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 3/9 zvd only

eps1lon3

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: [ROM] CM7.2 Port for Optimus S by thekraven 2/7/2012 zvd only

Zvh, zvj is all new baseband . Drew got the phone calls working . For data, we need the correct cdma switches in the build.prop plus using zvj libs and bin files. I haven't been looking, is zvj source out already?

Apparently it is

Here's the link for your convenience: Open Source Main

joecho5

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Well lockscreen still not working for me. But plenty of free app space however.

When I turn on the lockscreen from the notification power widget, it doesn't work properly. It basically stops working and reboot doesn't help. I use the normal power widget and it works fine.

So far, I'm loving this ROM. It's like a brand new toy.

xplode196

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Yeah I get lockscreen issues too...I'll reflash 3-7 and see what's up

lancejz

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
When I turn on the lockscreen from the notification power widget, it doesn't work properly. It basically stops working and reboot doesn't help. I use the normal power widget and it works fine.

So far, I'm loving this ROM. It's like a brand new toy.

There is a work around for that. I refresh or change the theme and the lock screen works again.

the_maplebar

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site

I just ran into a problem where my phone would get "no service". I rebooted 4-5 times and flipped the airplane mode on and off with no luck. I searched this thread and tried some more other fixes with no luck. Thankfully I had a nandroid backup from yesterday and restoring that fixed the problem.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is continuing to have this problem, and if you found other fixes. So here is what led up to my problem.

1) Did a nandroid yesterday, restored Reborn to do a PRL update.
2) PRL update failed, returned to CM7 and stuck with 1xRTT data all day (had 3G this morning)
3) Used ES Explorer to copy over an ad-block hosts file, rebooted and got no service

I tried to fix it by:
1) restored the stock hosts file
2) In Recovery -> Advanced -> fix permissions (After this the phone, gmail and a couple other apps started to Force Close)
3) Finally restored yesterday's nandroid and everything was good.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Kraven, i'm downloading your 3.7.2012d ROM,
I would boot in recovery
wipe cache
wipe dalvik
and install the zip file

Would this work fine ? i'm currently running 1.16.2012.

Any other file i should download besides the zip file ?

Thanks a lot.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Done, updated to 3.7 with a dirty flash (wipe cache and dalvik), so far so good.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
only if you over clock

Does the o/c settings in cm require reboot? If not, then it still does not work after complete wipe and reflash. Camcorder works just not the camera itself, we worked around it for now with a camera app from the market.

Sent from your mom's phone.

panasrsm

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site

Happy to report everything is working smoothly for the wife, she notices navigating through the phone screens is way crispier than before, and so far not a single complaint from her about something not working :)
Good job kraven, we look for ROM stability and feature set, and so far your ROM 3.7d is delivering that experience for us.

thelordsrest

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site

can someone Please send me the latest Release with all functionality i really want to run the latest Android version I am using 2.3.7 right now on my LG optimus S and it rips I dunno dirty flash or anything like that im Learning alot about these I compile linux kernels these are slightly diffrent however please get back to me Names noah thelordsrest@yahoo.com

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
About an hour after dirty flashing, my phone crashed and rebooted....not quite sure why.....but it doesn't usually do that. I wasn't even using it. It was just sitting on my desk. Just thought I would let you know.
I've been OC'd to 748 max. 245 min.

That happens when I first load a new build it does it 2-3 tines then stops. Don't ask me why but it does.

And for anyone wondering, after about two weeks of experimenting OC into the 800 tends to lead to stability issues. Not at first but after about a month I had severe lag issues. And fc's

Tyler555

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site
can someone Please send me the latest Release with all functionality i really want to run the latest Android version I am using 2.3.7 right now on my LG optimus S and it rips I dunno dirty flash or anything like that im Learning alot about these I compile linux kernels these are slightly diffrent however please get back to me Names noah thelordsrest@yahoo.com

There's a sticky on the base of this forum under optimus s/Roms, hacks, etc. That explains everything about everything

aaronrw

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site

flashed this last night, ZVJ hysteria got me but I'm back! Great build, nice to have goo.inside me app as well. I did notice that when google starts to back up my apps, it gets hung on the install when the old market app updates to play store app. Maybe I just missed the new gapps with newer market? No big deal just now gotta manually restore apps:-\

murdamo#AC

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

hey

not sure if ive posted on here before, but o well.

i love the rom, have it running perfect.

my ONLY question is

my data constantly switches from the color WHITE to GREEN....

now, i can get on the internet, twitter, w/e fine when it is the color WHITE

BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

i DO NOT receive any emails when its white??? i also noticed that my google talk doesnt work when its white???

so when i took notice (i was talking to my boy on google talk) i clicked google talk app, and it said real quick (couldnt see if because is disappeared) something about DATA SERVICE IS TURNED OFF.

then my google talk logs in, and my data turns green???

and then i start to get all my emails back to back to back (that i received while my phone data was WHITE)

i tried going into airplane mode, turning off data, restarting, everything.

but cant get it to fix.

THE ONLY WAY IT GOES BACK TO THE COLOR GREEN IS WHEN I CLICK GOOGLE TALK???? super confused.

anyone else having this issue?

Pkt_Lnt

yes, that old
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site

Settings, Accounts and Sync, make sure Background Data and Autosync are enabled.

Are you using something to extend battery and manage data / wifi?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson