[ROM]COLD AS ICE-CM9+Paranoid Android LS670 11/20 ZVD basesband Alpha19

leftysrevenge

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Any one with troubleshooting tips for constant random reboots? I've exhausted all my options, and I've no clue where else to go with this. Seems inexplicable: thought it was related to bluetooth, due to interaction; other times, I was convinced it was the Sd card, or the ext partition, or perhaps even the card slot on the phone. And then, after it reboots, and sits for a while, it'll restart itself with no interaction at all. Usually after about five minutes. Except for the two days it stayed on with no problems at all, and then back to the reboots. Completely bonkers. Really enjoyed tinkering with this phone but this is increasingly frustrating with no root cause that I can find.

Thanks for the help,
AC

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Have you fooled around with the clock speed? Raise your min to 480 and your max to 600 to start.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

leftysrevenge

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. I haven't had much luck with overclocking at all. Anytime I made adjustments, the performance seemed to suffer, so for most ROMs I've left it alone. Whatever the defaults are; 600max, 245min. And typically INTERACTIVE as a governor. I've heard SmartAss is preferred, if it's available. Can't really tell the difference between any of them really. Plus this is the first instance where I've had issues with extreme rebooting, so I'm not sure clock would help, unless it's specific to these ROMs. Before on older ROMs, restarts were scarce, and probably related to battery heat or super low memory.
AC

Have you fooled around with the clock speed? Raise your min to 480 and your max to 600 to start.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Android Central Forums

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
All of the ics and jb roms for our phone are unstable with a min clock setting below 480. I have heard people say that it has been shown that raising the min clock speed to 480 has no effect on battery drain. InteractiveX and SavagedZen both work well with this rom. I am confident that if you change to 480/600 your crashes will go away.

leftysrevenge

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Brilliant. Thanks for the update. I hadn't read anywhere about clocks affecting the ROMs on the OV. Great to know. I'm back on CM7.1 for now but I'll give it a whirl this weekend.
AC

All of the ics and jb roms for our phone are unstable with a min clock setting below 480. I have heard people say that it has been shown that raising the min clock speed to 480 has no effect on battery drain. InteractiveX and SavagedZen both work well with this rom. I am confident that if you change to 480/600 your crashes will go away.

leftysrevenge

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Also, this did seem to help after all, when I tried it. I also had to remove the mountext script as well. Got Link2SD behaving properly without fighting the ROM.
Thanks for this as well.
AC

You can try deleting the app2sd script from the init.d folder. Idk if this will make things unstable, so make a nandroid first.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Android Central Forums

unknownsoldierx

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

Guess it depends on the phone. My Op.V hasn't crashed at all in the two months I've been running this ROM with the default 245/600 clock.

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
It was a hell of a ride with 4.2 Jelly Bean, but cannot deal with the inevitable instability and my sleep of death problem even with Wake My Android Pro on. So checking/checked out this ROM. Perfect. I am gonna miss expandable notifications and my DashClock Widget (which apparently is for 4.2+ only).

Question, has anyone tried CrossBreeder with this particular ROM?

atrain2324

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
I installed crossbreeder. Idk if it helped anything, but it also didn't hurt.

might consider it still. or flash amphetamines.

another question...the audio on this ROM. I was streaming Spotify and when the audio skipped because of a bad network connect (and where I work seems to be where all phones not named AT&T go to die...), I got this whiny pulse sound that I used to get on CM7... is there some sort of audio routing fix for that?

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Wait, did it actually boot up and run after an hour and a half of boot screen? You have the patience of a monk. That is not normal. Most roms I've tried take between 4 and 8 minutes for first boot. If it hasn't booted after 15 minutes I usually pull the battery, boot recovery, full wipe, and flash.

I must confess, I've never waited an hour and a half, though.

and_man

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
error trying to run nano...
LS670
fresh install of CAI 19E
windows 7 x64

Code:
# nano
Error opening terminal: vt100.

required files seem to be present in /system/etc/terminfo
not seeing anything in logcat

cool that nano is there though :)
hopefully a simple fix

EDIT...

uh, this has to do with adb i would guess?
if so, sorry, i didn't think of that right of way

biggjoe

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

Quick question:

Every time I try to use the Camera App with this ROM, I get a Force Close.

Is this a known issue? Do we have another Camera App?

Thx!

BJ

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

upconvert

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Camera works fine for me. I seem to recall someone having problems because they had deleted the gallery.apk. Apparently, the camera is integrated into it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos