[ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.1.0 -Stable

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I didn't intend to change the recovery on my phone, so it's good to know that I should be able to restore a backup from there successfully. I remember reading that once you go to MTD you have to be careful about installing a BML ROM later. I wasn't sure how that applied for nandroid backups. But if I can restore one of them without trouble, that's good to know. I can come back to my phone's current state then if I don't like a new ROM for some reason.

Right, I know Google handles some things basically automatically, and call logs and SMS records are easily restored with some apps. Apps themselves aren't so bad either; in the past, I've usually just reinstalled them all (or what I wanted to keep) from the market. It's the app data I'm wondering about. I think CWM has an advanced restore option for data only; would that be OK to use when changing ROMs? I have both Titanium Backup (free, right now) and MyBackup Root (free also) installed. Is either one better or easier for restoring backups? I haven't had to use either one for that yet. Thanks for your help.

In my opinion it's a lot easier to do the backup and restore with titanium a opposed to root backup or the file managers that have that function. Now keep in mind when I say data is a bad idea to restore, I'm talking about system data. App data is perfectly fine to restore. Titanium will back up the apps and data in one shot, and the restore is basically one click and wait. The advance restore option I believe is for system data. If you were going from one gb ROM to another that would probably be okay, but going from gb to ics, it is a strong possibility that it will cause problems.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk 2

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I rooted and everything went good and got all my apps and data but my messaging doesn't work it keeps crashing. How do I fix this ?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I rooted and everything went good and got all my apps and data but my messaging doesn't work it keeps crashing. How do I fix this ?

Did you restore it from the stock rom? If you have a third party SMS like go, that's okay to restore, but you wanna get rid of the old stock one if you did.

Reactions: icewater106

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yea I did restore it from the old stock rom. So I should use sms back up to get my text back right?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Yea I did restore it from the old stock rom. So I should use sms back up to get my text back right?

Yeah little easier that way. Using advance restore through recovery doesn't separate app and system data...so I'd just go the other way to be safe. Just make sure you don't restore the stock app. You wanna just stick with the one that came with the new rom, or one from the market.

Last edited:
Reactions: icewater106

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot. It works now. But there is one problem my phone doesn't auto rotate ? I went through the whole settings menu and made sure auto-rotate is on. It rotates when I slid the keyboard out but then when I slid it back in to portrait view it stays in landscape and I have to turn off the screen and back on to make it work. And is it safe to over clock to 1200mhz ?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Settings> display> rotation..make sure all the options are checked. 0, 90, 180, 270, and auto rotate. Overclock.... your phone will let you know. If you set it at 1200 and it starts acting stupid then kick it down to 1000. Some of these phones do fine that high and some don't. I personally have seen 800/1200 do fine. If that doesn't do well for you 400/1000 seems to do pretty well also.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I made sure everything about rotation is on I even put rotation delay to 10 Ms and it still don't work

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Should I over clock the minimum CPU? Its at 100.

Not sure about the rotation then. I rooted an epic with this rom for a friend, but I didn't get to pay with it too much after. I would def overclock your min if the phone will behave. It'll save you some battery and the rom will perform much smoother

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I over clocked the minimum CPU too 800 is that too high ? And I'm using aokp.

Nah like I said before 800/1200 is okay unless you start getting a lot of freeze ups and reboots and stuff. Then you'll wanna back it off some

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0- RC2

Not sure about the rotation then. I rooted an epic with this rom for a friend, but I didn't get to pay with it too much after. I would def overclock your min if the phone will behave. It'll save you some battery and the rom will perform much smoother

How does overclocking the minimum save you battery life?

kgskwah

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Hey. Just flashed rc1 because i heard rc2 has poor battery life. I have the fc09 modem. The thing is when I boot up everything works fine but I dont have service. Any help?

Edit: Just flashed rc2 still no service :(

Last edited:

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Hey. Just flashed rc1 because i heard rc2 has poor battery life. I have the fc09 modem. The thing is when I boot up everything works fine but I dont have service. Any help?

Edit: Just flashed rc2 still no service :(

You have the Sprint phone?

strabo231

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site

How does overclocking the minimum save you battery life?

I'm having a hard time finding the post with the reference in it. I do know that overclocking the phone causes cpu to use more power initially, but also means it takes less time to complete tasks, so over the life of a charge, on average it will usually save you an hour or two of your battery, maybe more depending on your specific settings. Also could go the other way and drain the battery faster...again, depends on your specific settings. Not something I would consider a huge accomplishment, but with ICS every little bit adds up.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time finding the post with the reference in it. I do know that overclocking the phone causes cpu to use more power initially, but also means it takes less time to complete tasks, so over the life of a charge, on average it will usually save you an hour or two of your battery, maybe more depending on your specific settings. Also could go the other way and drain the battery faster...again, depends on your specific settings. Not something I would consider a huge accomplishment, but with ICS every little bit adds up.

43cdfdeb-2bc1-8e30.jpg

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site

I now flashed cm9 I had aokp before. Some of my apps don't open up like androidcentral app just stays on the start up screen while its on the loading screen it says request function does not exist this also happened when I flashed aokp a3rd time trying to fix the rotation problem . when I open up titanium back it says device name has changed. How do Ifix this?

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I now flashed cm9 I had aokp before. Some of my apps don't open up like androidcentral app just stays on the start up screen while its on the loading screen it says request function does not exist this also happened when I flashed aokp a3rd time trying to fix the rotation problem . when I open up titanium back it says device name has changed. How do I fix this?

I fixed the problem with android central not working but I still have the auto rotation problem

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
denis870