[ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.1.0 -Stable

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone have an idea what the new CM9 nightlies do?

There is a CM9 nightly from 9/16 "cm-9-20120916-NIGHTLY-epicmtd.zip "

I was wondering what the difference was in this than the stable version? Is the stable version better because its "stable" or is the nightly better, because its newer?

I can't find a changelog or anything of that sort.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Hey, skip CM9 altogether and just go CM10. They're up to 0923 nightly now and its great! I completely skipped ICS from GB. It took me a day to get everything set up even with Titanium Backup, but it was easy to update the next nightly after that.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I might just do that. I just watched a video review of CM10 from qbking77 on YouTube and it looks great.

In the review He used the camera and was able to auto focus, which is one of my main gripes with cm9.

I was going to wait till it gets a bit more stable but it already looks pretty good.

I think I'll give it another week or so and then upgrade.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I know it sounds tempting but I wouldn't recommed yet. You'll get a lot of "Insufficient storage avialable" errors in JB. I got tired of not being able to download any updates from the PlayStore, and my battery was drained in less than 4 hours. I went back to 9.1 stable and everything works fine. I get 24 hours battery life, no storage issues, the MMS works fine, and no random reboots.

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Do I new a SD card to unroot the phone in Odin ? I watched qbking video while trying to unroot but when I click start nothing happens. I followed everything he said. Could it be a USB port ?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I know it sounds tempting but I wouldn't recommed yet. You'll get a lot of "Insufficient storage avialable" errors in JB. I got tired of not being able to download any updates from the PlayStore, and my battery was drained in less than 4 hours. I went back to 9.1 stable and everything works fine. I get 24 hours battery life, no storage issues, the MMS works fine, and no random reboots.

I have never had any insufficient storage errors on any of the CM10 nightlies. I've been on nightlies for 2weeks. If you wipe before each flash you'll be ok. You are the only one I've heard that has had it. Dude, seriously, dump CM9, CM10 is more stable with fewer problems than CM9 is, and it (cm9) has supposed to have been stable for a month now. Heck, CM9s camera is still broke

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I have never had any insufficient storage errors on any of the CM10 nightlies. I've been on nightlies for 2weeks. If you wipe before each flash you'll be ok. You are the only one I've heard that has had it. Dude, seriously, dump CM9, CM10 is more stable with fewer problems than CM9 is, and it (cm9) has supposed to have been stable for a month now. Heck, CM9s camera is still broke

Well.. Seeing how I just got the "unfortunately, the process android.process.acore has stopped" message that will continuely repeat until I reflash (I've tried everything) I think I might just take the plunge and get cm10.

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
About the only problem with CM10, and probably why it is not stable yet, is random reboots, but I don't have them frequently enough to be a real problem

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Wow Rando thank you for convincing me to go to CM10, its awesome!! I thought the phone would be limited because of the hardware, but it really does feel smoother so far (Granted I haven't put all my apps/widgets yet). I love the new additions, especially in the gallery now there is a trash can icon in portrait mode thankfully. Also FINALLY MY CAMERA IS WORKING PROPERLY!! That was one of my major concerns with CM9 (autofocus and flash problems) and it is now finally working! Not only that but it takes pictures MUCH QUICKER than it used to.

Overall, so far I've got to say this is a fantastic update. I did not use the latest FC09 (v4) because I don't really know what it does, but I've made calls, texted, used 3g,4g, gps, bt and wifi and everything so far seems to be working.

Last edited:

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
By the way on CM10 in the governors there is no SmartassV2 which is what I used on CM9 and would get awesome battery life. Is there any way to easily get it back? And also, why was it removed? I thought SmartAss V2 and Interactive X were popular?

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I don't know about that. You could go over to the xda forum and ask and probably get an answer. Hopefully you're on the latest nightly. Since about 3 Oct they fixed the music skipping. I expect it's not going to be long before they call this stable.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm on the October 6th nightly. I've gotta say, battery life is pretty ridiculous, I went from 100% to 70%, with maybe a minute of on screen time in 5 hours while at work, 30% in 5hrs is really bad, that's the only problem I have with Cm10 so far, I also had my phone reset itself once but it wasn't really a problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Wolf Fhang

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0- RC2

Hey guys, i just got this phone yesterday and rooted it. i LOVE Cyanogaenmod 9.1.0 so far, my only question/issue is that i installed Swiftkey 3 and now any time i go to type i keep getting a notification icon asking me to choose my input method even though i've choosen Swiftkey...any help?

Edit: Nevermind, i turned the notification off and now everything is perfectly fine

Last edited:

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0- RC2

Have any of you guys removed the boot animation? If you've ever had to reboot while driving at night, you might understand why I want to get rid of it. It's just too bright. Aesthetically, it's not so great either. It would be extra cool to just show shell when it was booting like linux. But I guess I'd take nothing over the current CM9 boot animation.

I did read that you can just delete the zip file and that might work. I also saw where someone edited a file and made bootanimation=1. But those were people who were making a suggestion and hadn't done it themselves.

Has anyone actually disabled the boot animation?

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm on the October 6th nightly. I've gotta say, battery life is pretty ridiculous, I went from 100% to 70%, with maybe a minute of on screen time in 5 hours while at work, 30% in 5hrs is really bad, that's the only problem I have with Cm10 so far, I also had my phone reset itself once but it wasn't really a problem.

I did CM10.1 this weekend. Not a huge difference from cm9 that I was running. I am running the mixer theme, so it essentially looks the same as it did before. I decided to take most of the stock options when it booted the first time to see how bad it was going to end up being battery-wise. I think I am more paranoid than necessary about it. If I look at the battery graph thing, it seems like it is awake alot. And maps is #2 after screen now. I think it is because google now just is super curious about where I am at all times. I am just playing along for now. One thing that was cool was that I apparently had backed up my configuration to google before and when Cm10 booted the first time, it started reloading my apps. I had to go back into titanium and restore data to some of them to get them to work properly. But this was the most painless mod to date.

I am running with a stock Epic 4g Touch battery (1800 mah) and it was down to like 60% after 6 hours at home yesterday. I used it on wifi a good bit. The battery graph thing looked way worse that the -40% would lead me to believe.

So, I found out that my sprint contract isn't up until september, so hopefully cm10 will keep me amused a few months longer. If sprint gets lte in my area by then, I may stay with them. If not, I'll probably shop around.

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Punt!

I went back to CM9. I had a few issues with 10.1. I had taken the latest 10.1 build hoping it would straighten things out, but it seemed to make it worse.

Battery was pretty bad mostly because I had location services turned on for google now. It turns out that I just didn't use google now that much. The voice commands did have the ability to search my music which I liked, but I didn't really use it that much. Sometimes my phone would just get wadded up and I got frustrated. I was test driving a car yesterday and had to put gas in it. The gas door wasn't popping open and I was trying to google WTF. Of course that is when my phone decided to flake on me.

Bluetooth was exceedingly flakey. I thought the google "gesture" keyboard was going to be a substitute for swype, but it sucked. Swype will let you you go back through your message and pick out misinterpreted words and give you the options again. The google gesture keyboard only seemed to give you that chance while you were still within the word. I found that annoying.

I just found that the cm9 was more stable and I didn't see any "smoothness" improvements like some people said you get with JB. I am pretty sure this is the latest and greatest CM9 build. I may fool around and try to do CM10 to see how that works.

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Punt!

I went back to CM9. I had a few issues with 10.1. I had taken the latest 10.1 build hoping it would straighten things out, but it seemed to make it worse.

Battery was pretty bad mostly because I had location services turned on for google now. It turns out that I just didn't use google now that much. The voice commands did have the ability to search my music which I liked, but I didn't really use it that much. Sometimes my phone would just get wadded up and I got frustrated. I was test driving a car yesterday and had to put gas in it. The gas door wasn't popping open and I was trying to google WTF. Of course that is when my phone decided to flake on me.

Bluetooth was exceedingly flakey. I thought the google "gesture" keyboard was going to be a substitute for swype, but it sucked. Swype will let you you go back through your message and pick out misinterpreted words and give you the options again. The google gesture keyboard only seemed to give you that chance while you were still within the word. I found that annoying.

I just found that the cm9 was more stable and I didn't see any "smoothness" improvements like some people said you get with JB. I am pretty sure this is the latest and greatest CM9 build. I may fool around and try to do CM10 to see how that works.

You can search for music on your phone with voice commands on CM9. Even when I had the stock software that came with my phone (I think froyo?) I could search for music by using my voice.

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
You can search for music on your phone with voice commands on CM9. Even when I had the stock software that came with my phone (I think froyo?) I could search for music by using my voice.

You're right about cm9. In the past, when I said something like "Play hendrix" it would go to youtube or pandora or something. But I didn't have google play music until very recently. I don't think that the stock music player that came with my phone allowed you to do that, but I could be wrong.

Regardless, since I was using a theme, there wasn't a big difference. my son was my benchmark for performance. He has the same phone and I asked him if he wanted to fool with mine to see if he wanted to go to CM10.1. He played a couple games and said that cm10.1 was really laggy. I was mostly annoyed because of stability.

Ya know, I also didn't have that much trouble with the cm9 camera. Altho the auto flash not working was a pain.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe