[ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.1.0 -Stable

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site
Re: [ROM][EPIC 4G][CM9] CM9: CyanogenMod v 9.0.0- RC2

Dag, Zeinzu.

Once you started bragging about your new phone, I was hoping we'd see less of you around here. I'd say that out of your last 10 posts I've read, they've all been self-serving and insulting. Are you having some emotional issues you'd like to talk about?

Robbie Doo

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

Dag, Zeinzu.

Once you started bragging about your new phone, I was hoping we'd see less of you around here. I'd say that out of your last 10 posts I've read, they've all been self-serving and insulting. Are you having some emotional issues you'd like to talk about?

OK members, let's stay on the main subject here instead of turning the thread into an insulting cabinet.

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

OK members, let's stay on the main subject here instead of turning the thread into an insulting cabinet.

Absolutely.

This afternoon, my phone "rang" some anemic little "boop" instead of Sabotage by the Beastie boys. Then I noticed that apollo had no songs in it and gallery didn't have any photos or videos. Apparently, ICS has some media scanner issues. It's funny because it's worked fine for over a month, but today, it's screwed.

I stopped/cleared data from media scanner, gallery and good framework. I have rebooted a bunch of times.

I think I'm going back to GB mostly clean. The camera issues and this are enough to offset any gee whiz factor of having ICS.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely.

This afternoon, my phone "rang" some anemic little "boop" instead of Sabotage by the Beastie boys. Then I noticed that apollo had no songs in it and gallery didn't have any photos or videos. Apparently, ICS has some media scanner issues. It's funny because it's worked fine for over a month, but today, it's screwed.

I stopped/cleared data from media scanner, gallery and good framework. I have rebooted a bunch of times.

I think I'm going back to GB mostly clean. The camera issues and this are enough to offset any gee whiz factor of having ICS.

The issue is a bad ROM Manager update. Here's the fix. Update ROM Manager, remove the .nomedia file it mistakenly placed at the root of your SD, go into manage applications and clear data for media storage, reboot, wait about ten minutes. All should be fixed.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

boocephus

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

Now THAT'S helpful!

Thanks, Zeinzu. I am sorry I questioned your emotional well-being. :)

Quick question, though. Where did you get that info? I googled like a fool and checked the CM9 website and xda dev. I just couldn't find anything other than people complaining about ICS media scanner having problems.

I can clearly see how that nomedia in the root of SD card could be a problem. :confused:

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Now THAT'S helpful!

Thanks, Zeinzu. I am sorry I questioned your emotional well-being. :)

Quick question, though. Where did you get that info? I googled like a fool and checked the CM9 website and xda dev. I just couldn't find anything other than people complaining about ICS media scanner having problems.

I can clearly see how that nomedia in the root of SD card could be a problem. :confused:

I try to stay up-to-date with what's going on. I watch/post for several devices I've used or helped people with, and when I started noticing everyone was having this issue, including myself, on the same day I tried to think what a common factor could be across various ROMs, versions of Android, and different devices. Figured out it was ROM Manager by tracking down the .nomedia files and noticing it reappearing after any launch of ROM Manager. Emailed the dev who responded within an hour with an update to fix. Read elsewhere about wiping media storage and rebooting and decided to share.

Sent from my AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: strabo231

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Is there a way to update my PRL on cm9? I think my service was better when I wasn't rooted and rom.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

Digital Trucker

Jun 4, 2011
Visit site

Hey. Just flashed rc1 because i heard rc2 has poor battery life. I have the fc09 modem. The thing is when I boot up everything works fine but I dont have service. Any help?

Edit: Just flashed rc2 still no service :(

I've had the same problem at times. It reoccurs just about every time I flash a nightly. I've gotten around it by either turning airplane mode on, waiting a few secs and then turning airplane mode off again. Sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't, I've always been able to get service again by rebooting (sometimes twice). Once it comes back, it stays back until you flash again. Hope that helps.

jnow2

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a problem with the front facing camera. I tried searching through Tapatalk while at work but came up empty. When I got home, I searched on the PC and found a lot of posts regarding the same problem, but I couldn't find a solution anywhere. I believe it is a software issue (as the FFC worked prior to flashing the ROM). I re-wiped and re-flashed but the FFC still doesn't work. Is anyone aware of a fix for this?

Last edited:

whatthefreak

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm having a hard time finding the post with the reference in it. I do know that overclocking the phone causes cpu to use more power initially, but also means it takes less time to complete tasks, so over the life of a charge, on average it will usually save you an hour or two of your battery, maybe more depending on your specific settings. Also could go the other way and drain the battery faster...again, depends on your specific settings. Not something I would consider a huge accomplishment, but with ICS every little bit adds up.

From my understanding, and a better possible explanation for why the battery lasts longer when upping the min. frequency values in the CPU settings, is that when doing so, the distance between the min. and max overclock values is decreased. This means that less power is consumed because there are fewer "hops" to get from minimum to maximum when switching between CPU intensive apps. Less power consumed in turn translates to a better battery life. And unless you want your phone converted into a paperweight, do NOT go crazy high on your overclock settings (especially on the minimum)!

whatthefreak

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site

So is this rom officially stable? The link to cyanogenmod says 8/10 was when stable was released, but I see people flashing rc1 after this date.

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site

So I just flashed this on completely stock/rooted Epic and I have to say I don't like it. It deleted EVERYTHING just about. I don't mind the bloatware gone but damn if it didn't delete the file explored and music player. Then put some BS player called appolo which after using I've discovered I hate. Imean I like the default player better. Damn. Is there a light rom that just deletes the bloatware and leaves other things intact? I'm really mad as hell at this rom, should be mad at myself for putting it on my phone, but I didn't know it was gonna delete bloat then add bull . Sigh.

Zeinzu

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
So I just flashed this on completely stock/rooted Epic and I have to say I don't like it. It deleted EVERYTHING just about. I don't mind the bloatware gone but damn if it didn't delete the file explored and music player. Then put some BS player called appolo which after using I've discovered I hate. Imean I like the default player better. Damn. Is there a light rom that just deletes the bloatware and leaves other things intact? I'm really mad as hell at this rom, should be mad at myself for putting it on my phone, but I didn't know it was gonna delete bloat then add bull . Sigh.
Be mad at yourself for not knowing what you're doing. This is a completely different version of Android. A complete a total different system. Everything has to be wiped for it to install, and it is not a stock or stock based ROM. Even says so as a disclaimer on the blog which is linked. This is AOSP Android with added tweaks and features. This is not stock or any variation of stock or Touchwiz. Next time don't be trigger happy and don't blame the "ROM". CM9 (Android 4.0.4) was an absolute blessing for such an outdated device.

Sent from my Stock AOSP Android 4.1.1 Galaxy Nexus.

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site

Hey Guys:

The CyanogenMod Project released a very stable version of CM9 a few days ago, named:

CM9.1.0 Stable

This will be a welcome arrival after the long road from CM9_RC versions 1 or 2, especially for those among us that may have experienced hiccups every now'n'then from one thing or another during the Summer's season of abundant Nightlies (+ experimentation) + the long road towards the most stable release to be forged by the capable team of developers working on the CyanogenMod Project, and, specifically the Epic CM Team who chose to focus on a largely neglected device during these past nine months: our venerable Epic 4G.

Here is the link to the CyanogenMod Project download site:
CyanogenMod Downloads

The CM9 Stable: 1 step closer to Official...............enjoy your Labor Day Weekend you'all, + have yourselves an EndlessForeverInfinityNeverendingSUMMER!!!

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Hey Guys:

The CyanogenMod Project released a very stable version of CM9 a few days ago, named:

CM9.1.0 Stable

This will be a welcome arrival after the long road from CM9_RC versions 1 or 2, especially for those among us that may have experienced hiccups every now'n'then from one thing or another during the Summer's season of abundant Nightlies (+ experimentation) + the long road towards the most stable release to be forged by the capable team of developers working on the CyanogenMod Project, and, specifically the Epic CM Team who chose to focus on a largely neglected device during these past nine months: our venerable Epic 4G.

Here is the link to the CyanogenMod Project download site:
CyanogenMod Downloads

The CM9 Stable: 1 step closer to Official...............enjoy your Labor Day Weekend you'all, + have yourselves an EndlessForeverInfinityNeverendingSUMMER!!!

Thanks. But what a lot of us are wondering is... will there be fixes to the numerous issues that apparently Samsung (not Cynogen) never addressed in the ICS source: Epic camera's screen focus, bluetooth, wifi sleep policy, flash with camcorder, MMS slideshows? So now I have ask you, since you did post another piece of news about CM9 being stable...any of the above now fixed? Or were you refering to the older news about CM9 stable?

Last edited:

rando991

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site

Hey, I just posted #575 which is 24 posts. WHAT does it take to get page 24 to trip? I'm tired of having to scroll, scroll, scroll past "extreme face palm" (nothing personal zeinzu) graphic, scroll, scroll...

...ahhhh, page 24...finally!

Last edited:

sonarchist

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. But what a lot of us are wondering is... will there be fixes to the numerous issues that apparently Samsung (not Cynogen) never addressed in the ICS source: Epic camera's screen focus, bluetooth, wifi sleep policy, flash with camcorder, MMS slideshows? So now I have ask you, since you did post another piece of news about CM9 being stable...any of the above now fixed? Or were you refering to the older news about CM9 stable?

We're running 3 devices in my household, 1 of these is the Epic.......it is a solid device, solid as ever, never given me any problems, that is, ever since I started running custom ROMs on it........of the several iterations of CM9, the concept of Stable refers to that which is the most stable build comprising a combination of fixes that have resulted from the sum of builds that have been released to that point (serves us good to remember: cyanogen is an ongoing project, not yet completed, not yet done.)
........that said, the struggle to define any improvements, including 'fixes' + workarounds, continues.
.......but don' t expect to be the passive consumer of services, here, as the concept is for you to engage your device w/ all of your acquired knowledge gained from this + other forums or thru your own research, as you (rando991) + some of us tinkerers like it; we can perhaps agree that not all bugs will be fixed 100%, but a good number of things will function pretty well for some devices but perhaps not for others.
........9.1.0 Stable may not be the answer for all Epics but there continue to be Nightly Builds for those that have the inclination + desire to keep pushing forward: all tomorrow's modded ROMs!

As for Samsung + Ice cream sandwIch.......hard to know how the verdict favorIng Apple will shape android development, if at all; but stay tuned, now the spotlight turns to Google...........time will tell if these marketing battles will result in more fully functioning devices, or just costlier ones =(

Last edited:
Reactions: rando991

icewater106

May 1, 2012
Visit site
When I play a video on youtube or the video player my screen the video flicker like on off . The video only plays normal if I tap the screen repeatedly till it stops. Any ideas on how to fix this?

smashclash

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I have 9.1 and my phone has randomly rebooted a couple of times (that I know of). It will be just sitting on a table and I look over and it's booting up. Anyone else experience this issue?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz