[ROM] Harmonia 1.87 Froyo (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 12June12

Bigtuna00

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: [ROM] Harmonia 1.6 (Aphrodite+Picasticks) 11Sept11 Storage Fi

I apologize in advance as I'm sure this has been covered but this thread is wayy too long and the search results aren't much help.

Is there a fix for the home and menu keys being swapped??

Other than that the rom seems sleek and fast, good work!

This ROM doesn't have that problem so something probably didn't install correctly.

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Well, I'm back again and would REALLY appreciate some support.

I attempted to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 and after reboot was greeted with the blue fastboot screen. When I plug my phone in it says "STALL GET_DESCRIPTOR 128 6 1006 0 18
Fastboot: Processing commands"

I'm at a loss on what to do next to get my phone working again. After spending the last three hours searching on here, androidforums, and google, I've found only vague information that doesn't seem to work and outdated links for software that supposedly fixes this. Judging by the lack of panic in the posts from those that have encountered this, I'm guessing its probably an easy fix and there's some good info on it somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

photonik

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

This ROM doesn't have that problem so something probably didn't install correctly.

Well I did read that it's possibly due to discrepancies in older/newer versions of the phone. As far as I can tell everything installed just fine.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

Either that or they're trying to flash this OV ROM to their OS. :confused:

Well, I'm back again and would REALLY appreciate some support.

I attempted to upgrade from 1.5 to 1.6 and after reboot was greeted with the blue fastboot screen. When I plug my phone in it says "STALL GET_DESCRIPTOR 128 6 1006 0 18
Fastboot: Processing commands"

I'm at a loss on what to do next to get my phone working again. After spending the last three hours searching on here, androidforums, and google, I've found only vague information that doesn't seem to work and outdated links for software that supposedly fixes this. Judging by the lack of panic in the posts from those that have encountered this, I'm guessing its probably an easy fix and there's some good info on it somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

I'd just try wiping everything, then installing 1.5E, then wiping everything but boot, and installing 1.6. We've narrowed the problem down to something with the booting process, and people have claimed this option works.

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

I'd just try wiping everything, then installing 1.5E, then wiping everything but boot, and installing 1.6. We've narrowed the problem down to something with the booting process, and people have claimed this option works.

The problem is, I'm such an android noob that I don't know how to leave fastboot mode or wipe from this state and installing 1.5 again (Blue screen that says "fastboot mode started"). Is there something you have to do with abd command entries or am I completely off? If I could figure out how to get back to factory settings or the backup I made in clockworkmod, I'd be golden.

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

The problem is, I'm such an android noob that I don't know how to leave fastboot mode or wipe from this state and installing 1.5 again (Blue screen that says "fastboot mode started"). Is there something you have to do with abd command entries or am I completely off? If I could figure out how to get back to factory settings or the backup I made in clockworkmod, I'd be golden.

Have you tried wiping from recovery? Just press and hold the home key, volume down key, and the power button until the LG logo appears. If you can get that far then you can just wipe and reflash a ROM.

However if you've borked your recovery, then you need to reflash a recovery through ADB. I'm not entirely sure how to do that but I know there's a thread on here that tells how to do it.

Reactions: Spiral_ouT#AC

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site

Have you tried wiping from recovery? Just press and hold the home key, volume down key, and the power button until the LG logo appears. If you can get that far then you can just wipe and reflash a ROM.

However if you've borked your recovery, then you need to reflash a recovery through ADB. I'm not entirely sure how to do that but I know there's a thread on here that tells how to do it.

Turns out all I had to do was pull my battery and then do the button combo to get into recovery. What an easy fix for all the hours I spent researching. Oh well, learned some useful info along the way.

Thanks for your support, jdcnosse!

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Turns out all I had to do was pull my battery and then do the button combo to get into recovery. What an easy fix for all the hours I spent researching. Oh well, learned some useful info along the way.

Thanks for your support, jdcnosse!

There's a thread on here that has all the different button combos and what they do (like how to boot into recovery, or like vol up and power pressed at the same time will reboot your device (similar to holding the power button down on a computer). I'd link to it but I'm on my phone lol but there is a reference guide in the sticky that should have it in it. I bookmarked that page right away since it's got links for everything! Roms, kernels, hacks etc

EDIT: Found the thread (now that I'm on my desktop)

The reference thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...guide-optimus-v-modding-read-get-started.html
How to access different "modes" of the OV: http://forum.androidcentral.com/opt...662-super-secret-optimus-v-button-combos.html

Last edited:

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

So what exactly is new in 1.6?
Is the new market available yet?

the new market probably won't ever be available, at least not on the froyo updates to Harmonia. LeslieAnn's explained earlier in the thread that all the mods they've done to the ROMs (like the power button mod and the TWS fix) and the fact that Google is upping their security is making it a lot harder for everything to co-exist. Like every time they change one file, they need to re-sign it, and when it gets updated, they have to re-sign it again, and huge things like the power button mod require re-signing many files, so it's possible that we'd have to wait for the GB version of Harmonia (if it's still called that) for the new market.

I personally like the old market, unless the old market doesn't have up to date apps. In which case, oh well I can live with it. lol

nateomach

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

just installed harmonia 1.5e last night and its pretty epic. was gonna come here and ask if theres any reason to update to 1.6 and then i saw that the only difference is 1.6 has a little more storage which imnot worried about because of my 8gb micro sd card. oh one other question is there any good add on's or anything you guys recommend?

jdcnosse

May 11, 2011
Visit site

just installed harmonia 1.5e last night and its pretty epic. was gonna come here and ask if theres any reason to update to 1.6 and then i saw that the only difference is 1.6 has a little more storage which imnot worried about because of my 8gb micro sd card. oh one other question is there any good add on's or anything you guys recommend?

-file manager. Doesn't matter which one, everyone has their preference (I've seen references to ES file manager, I like Root Explorer, etc etc)
-backup app. TitaniumBackup and MyBackupRoot are the two I've heard of. I've tried TitaniumBackup, it allows you to back up your apps, and your data that go along with your apps.
If you plan on messing around with your phone a lot I'd get a Terminal Emulator as well.

Other than that I think those are the only ones I'd recommend for everyone. My list after that varies depending on whatever you want to do with your phone.

elcaballo

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site

I'm having trouble getting the LeslieDock theme to work. I feel like maybe a newer version of LauncherPro has come out since the OP was written?

I have the rar extracted as a directory in the root of my SD card. They appear in the Gallery. In LauncherPro settings, I go to Theme Settings and there's a Icon Pack setting that only has the option of "none." I can't see any other relevant option in the prefs.

Has LauncherPro removed the ability to install icons from directories?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm having trouble getting the LeslieDock theme to work. I feel like maybe a newer version of LauncherPro has come out since the OP was written?

I have the rar extracted as a directory in the root of my SD card. They appear in the Gallery. In LauncherPro settings, I go to Theme Settings and there's a Icon Pack setting that only has the option of "none." I can't see any other relevant option in the prefs.

Has LauncherPro removed the ability to install icons from directories?

The dock isn't a theme, you have to "build" it from the parts given.
Select a dock background, then select the file. Same with the icons, create a shortcut, change the icon.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

I'm curious about this statement from the lead post in this thread...

"Removed all but one ringtone (I renamed Guitar_Trip to Anthem so nothing breaks, saves 400k)"

Just because I'm learning, I'm wondering what a ringtone name could break, and why. thanks!

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

If the ringtone name doesn't match what is in the default entry, then you get no ringtone.

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site

Whenever I try to turn on wifi on Harmonia 1.6, i get "error" that's all. I am coming from backside CM1.7, and i reset the dvalik cache and restored factory settings before installing Harmonia 1.6. I think the recovery i have installed atm might be causing it, though it is the standard clockwork mod recovery. I have actually tried installing harmonia 1.6 twice and the wifi error has persisted still. I think it may be the recovery causing it, but both times when I installed harmonia my phone was still using the IHO boot screen + sound.

So unless anyone can give me any solutions or help, im going to try using a different recovery and re-installing harmonia. and if THAT doesn't work, im going to try bumblebee. and if that still won't work then back to CM1.7 i suppose.

EDIT: just tried to mount the sd card on my computer through the phone and it says "your sd card is unavailable to use for usb storage" what's going on here?? D: lucky i can still mount usb storage from the recovery :/

edit 2: flashed back to bumblebee 2.4 and everything is working again..boot screen, wifi, usb storage, everythin.

Last edited:

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site

If the ringtone name doesn't match what is in the default entry, then you get no ringtone.

Ok, gotcha. So the default ringtone on stock is Anthem? And you took everything out except one ringtone, but you had to make that impersonate the stock ringtone in order for people to have a ringtone after flashing the ROM? Is that the jist of it?