[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
Tested both our phones here and the cam is working fine.

Warning!!!--- If you are running the 1221 build of BACKside, please test your camera now. I'm having trouble with mine not responding. I don't have time to troubleshoot before Xmas, and I know many people will be wanting to take pics/vids with their phones.

Please revert to the 1216 build if you have any issues with the camera, I don't want to be responsible for missed memories.

Hopefully it's just an isolated problem with my phone, no one else has reported issues with the camera on 1221 yet. I just want to be proactive and try to keep anyone from having an unpleasant xmas experience. ;)

Reactions: JerryScript

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Camera is fine for me also.

I am, however, having another strange bug on recent builds that I hoping someone here can help me out with. When I play podcasts or other large media files, the android system isn't "counting time". I don't know how else to put it, but it causes fiiles not to resume playback. If I start playing a file, the counter stays at 0:00. If I pause after a few minutes (or an hour), and resume play, it starts back at the begining. It's obviously a bug on the android system, because all media players do it (I've tried several, stock, double twist, etc..)

The odd thing is, if I fast forward a bit, it starts counting and resumes fine, but it's annoying to have to do this several times a day. It seems like a bug that popped up for me around the 12/6 build of Backside. I've tried everything I know, I've done full wipes of the system and reinstalled the rom and gapps. All md5's are good. I still constantly get the problem. Anyone have an idea?

BTW: smaller music files, like songs, are fine, the counter begins as expected.

Thanks guys, have a great holiday!

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
what media player are you using. I use winamp and dont have any problems

Camera is fine for me also.

I am, however, having another strange bug on recent builds that I hoping someone here can help me out with. When I play podcasts or other large media files, the android system isn't "counting time". I don't know how else to put it, but it causes fiiles not to resume playback. If I start playing a file, the counter stays at 0:00. If I pause after a few minutes (or an hour), and resume play, it starts back at the begining. It's obviously a bug on the android system, because all media players do it (I've tried several, stock, double twist, etc..)

The odd thing is, if I fast forward a bit, it starts counting and resumes fine, but it's annoying to have to do this several times a day. It seems like a bug that popped up for me around the 12/6 build of Backside. I've tried everything I know, I've done full wipes of the system and reinstalled the rom and gapps. All md5's are good. I still constantly get the problem. Anyone have an idea?

BTW: smaller music files, like songs, are fine, the counter begins as expected.

Thanks guys, have a great holiday!

Reactions: Silence99

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Anybody else having problems with the market force closing constantly? I cleared all data and even deleted and installed the new market 3.3.4 I think.

Using backside 12-7-2011 build

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry. Cam working fine here.

Try reflashing, sounds like a bad flash ;)

Nooblet.

Sent from your mom's phone.

LOL, I know better than to trust a flash event or file transfer. I reflashed the rom, replaced the zip file and reflashed, even flashed back to a previous build with a known working camera. Finally had to wipe/format everything, reflash everything, and reinstall everything (thank you TB). I'm pretty sure it was something I did to my phone while testing out interim builds, I was just worried that someone might pull out their phone while their kids were opening xmas presents, and not be able to capture the moment. Looks like everything is ok though.

Anybody else having problems with the market force closing constantly? I cleared all data and even deleted and installed the new market 3.3.4 I think.

Using backside 12-7-2011 build

Works fine here, and no reports of FCs by other users. I don't recommend installing any version of the market beyond those posted by CM. It will self update within a day of flashing gapps in most cases, so no need to take a chance with a different gapps or market version.

Reactions: notown

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
what media player are you using. I use winamp and dont have any problems

I downloaded winamp on your recommendation, and you're right, it does seem to work. The stock app is what I would really like to use, as I enjoy having that playback button on the lockscreen, and I also like that it simply has a "podcasts" playlist. I don't like anything complicated, the simpler the better (granted, a rooted android phone seems to be the exact opposite of simple :) )

Edit: it seems I have gotten winamp to work with the lockscreen controls in backside. Also, it has a podcast playlist, thanks for your recommendation! Still, if I could get the stock player working, that would be nice, so if anyone has suggestions...

Last edited:

kraven

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
you could try googles new music app, google music and see how that works for you.

I downloaded winamp on your recommendation, and you're right, it does seem to work. The stock app is what I would really like to use, as I enjoy having that playback button on the lockscreen, and I also like that it simply has a "podcasts" playlist. I don't like anything complicated, the simpler the better (granted, a rooted android phone seems to be the exact opposite of simple :) )

Edit: it seems I have gotten winamp to work with the lockscreen controls in backside. Also, it has a podcast playlist, thanks for your recommendation! Still, if I could get the stock player working, that would be nice, so if anyone has suggestions...

Reactions: Silence99

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
you could try googles new music app, google music and see how that works for you.

I did, as I said, I tried many, many apps, they all seem to have the same problem. I don't know why winamp works. It seems like most apps must be using a shared API in Android for music playback (I have no idea, just speculating), but winamp perhaps uses it's own playback system?

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Works fine here, and no reports of FCs by other users. I don't recommend installing any version of the market beyond those posted by CM. It will self update within a day of flashing gapps in most cases, so no need to take a chance with a different gapps or market version.

so should i clear cache and davlik cache and reflash gaps?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Edit-- Initial feedback after this warning shows it's an isolated problem with my phone, which is reasonable with all the flashing, tweaking, and testing. Please test your camera to be sure!

LOL, I know better than to trust a flash event or file transfer. I reflashed the rom, replaced the zip file and reflashed, even flashed back to a previous build with a known working camera. Finally had to wipe/format everything, reflash everything, and reinstall everything (thank you TB). I'm pretty sure it was something I did to my phone while testing out interim builds, I was just worried that someone might pull out their phone while their kids were opening xmas presents, and not be able to capture the moment. Looks like everything is ok though.

Welcome to being a rom dev. :p

Mine was stubborn the other day, I thought it was finished as it wouldn't accept any rom for several days, then started working perfect again. It did accept a nandroid backup though.

I wouldn't be surprised if mine is dying, yours either, considering all we do to these poor things. They sure do seem to be tough little buggers though. Glad you got it fixed.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't see anything new on the wiki.

I get email notifications of new post, and one day this week I got an email off Leslie Ann saying she had a new build up.I downloaded it and it has a different file name than her first one.but I have never seen any other reference to it on this or any other thread.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I get email notifications of new post, and one day this week I got an email off Leslie Ann saying she had a new build up.I downloaded it and it has a different file name than her first one.but I have never seen any other reference to it on this or any other thread.

No offense but this is how people brick phones. Read everything before you download. :)

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
No offense but this is how people brick phones. Read everything before you download. :)

I didn't technically download it I saved it to my mediafire account,I don't install anything untill I know it's okay to install, I'm just wondering why there is no mention of it now